What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

i've just seen him look legit bad/disappear in HS games too many times (okay, like three) to get on board with him as an elite/top 5 prospect. no top 5 draft prospect should look as bad at the HS level as i've seen him look. that said, at a certain point even if one doesn't like a prospect much, when seemingly everybody else in the world thinks they are a much better prospect, you sorta have to have enough humility to admit you might be wrong and at least have them in the mix. a great example of that for me are the thompson twins - i had them ranked about 14 and 15 in the draft, but since everybody else had them top 5, i was willing to concede i might be wrong and would have taken either of them at 9 - and sure enough, it's looking early on like they were misses on my part. anyway that's where i'm at with buzelis.

The simplistic explanation for Buzelis' draft stock would be that if he can shoot like Dirk or KD, he's got enough other things to round out his game. He's a 6'11" guy with a high shot window and enough handle and mobility to take a few dribbles and shoot over defenders. He's not going to blow by guys or overpower them in the paint. He's a super long wing with some guard skills. If he can't become an alpha scorer, then he probably can end up as a Chandler Parsons floor-spacer type.

I'm okay with Buzelis. He should be able to get a bit of space and use his size to shoot over defenders. The handle and passing are intriguing, though his handle is a bit loose. I think he should probably be able adapt to the speed and physicality of the NBA. He's a bit quicker and more fluid than Jovic and Wagner, for example. If he hits, his ceiling would be high -- 6'10", NBA range, triple-threat, decent bounce. See how his scoring instincts develop and whether he's able to beat defenders and shoot off the dribble. He seems to have drive and work ethic. That said, I'm looking for the killer instinct that elite scorers have. He shows flashes, but I want to see him be more assertive.
I wouldn't call Buzelis fluid. I've always thought he looks a bit clunky and mechanical out there. Not a lot of "wiggle" in his game at all. On the plus side, he seems to have a good motor and the sort of frame that can take muscle without losing quickness.

DL was an absolute disaster at the end. The levels to that ****up are insane. Is that the last first rounder in the league given away so cheaply too? They aren’t even dealt for decent role players nowadays. An MLE salary dump for a first? Good lord.

Believe that was the same night they drafted Udoka and were getting played like fiddles in trades by the likes of the Knicks. An all time bad night for the franchise.

DL was an absolute disaster at the end. The levels to that ****up are insane. Is that the last first rounder in the league given away so cheaply too? They aren’t even dealt for decent role players nowadays. An MLE salary dump for a first? Good lord.

Believe that was the same night they drafted Udoka and were getting played like fiddles in trades by the likes of the Knicks. An all time bad night for the franchise.

Ed Davis
Derrick Favors
Rudy Gay

That was an incredible MLE run DL went on.

Stephon Castle is a wing-sized guard at UConn. He's now listed at 6'6", 215 lbs. He's big enough to get where he wants on the floor and make plays either over or around the defense. If he can really play as a lead initiator, he'd be a really nice complement to Keyonte and the Jazz in general. If not, he's a 2/3 in the mold of a Troy Brown. He finishes above the rim fairly easily. There's also a chance he's available outside the top 5.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37O75QtCuGE&t=18s

Last edited:

To top off that disaster we then proceeded to sign Rudy Gay with the tax payer MLE.

Stephon Castle is a wing-sized guard at UConn. He's now listed at 6'6", 215 lbs. He's big enough to get where he wants on the floor and make plays either over or around the defense. If he can really play as a lead initiator, he'd be a really nice complement to Keyonte and the Jazz in general. If not, he's a 2/3 in the mold of a Troy Brown. He finishes above the rim fairly easily. There's also a chance he's available outside the top 5.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37O75QtCuGE&t=18s

i really like Castle. could definitely be a top 5 pick, if not top 3.

It was a part of a championship destroying run. Just imagine if we had added quality role players with those MLE's

They were all horrible players and we had to burn draft capital to get rid of them. So much was invested into the backup C position. The Doke pick too. I don’t know why you give Gobert $200M and then use so much to make sure his backup is good.

The best backup C we had during this time was probably Whiteside, and he was a min. That’s the amount of investment it should take.

They were all horrible players and we had to burn draft capital to get rid of them. So much was invested into the backup C position. The Doke pick too. I don’t know why you give Gobert $200M and then use so much to make sure his backup is good.

The best backup C we had during this time was probably Whiteside, and he was a min. That’s the amount of investment it should take.
Yep. So many painful woulda shoulda coulda moves from Lindsey during that stretch.

I'm not a fan of Houston getting two more top-10 picks in this draft, including their own and Brooklyn's. The other thing that's scary is that OKC gets Houston's pick this year if it's outside the top 4. Imagine if OKC gets two lottery picks--Houston's and Utah's, while also getting a decent playoff seed.

I'm not a fan of Houston getting two more top-10 picks in this draft, including their own and Brooklyn's. The other thing that's scary is that OKC gets Houston's pick this year if it's outside the top 4. Imagine if OKC gets two lottery picks--Houston's and Utah's, while also getting a decent playoff seed.

I don't think we have ever seen a team positioned as well as OKC for future success. Not only do they already have one hell of a young core but they also have hands down the best selection of future draft assets that we have seen besides probably boston and the nets picks.

Back