What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

It's early, but the only game changer currently is Sarr.

He's the only one who looks like he could become a "franchise" player so far. There's some value in the draft here and there though. Holland at least defends and plays with a lot of energy. The Edwards kid at UK has tools like a more athletic Rodney Hood. The Providence kid Dual is interesting and shows a few flashes of Dejounte Murray. Whether he can really do that at full NBA speed remains to be seen. Stephon Castle becomes really interesting if he can play on-ball and make reads. I'm not as much a believer in Collier for the modern game, but I guess we'll see. To be an elite guard now, you need to be able to shoot off the dribble at a high level.

He's the only one who looks like he could become a "franchise" player so far. There's some value in the draft here and there though. Holland at least defends and plays with a lot of energy. The Edwards kid at UK has tools like a more athletic Rodney Hood. The Providence kid Dual is interesting and shows a few flashes of Dejounte Murray. Whether he can really do that at full NBA speed remains to be seen. Stephon Castle becomes really interesting if he can play on-ball and make reads. I'm not as much a believer in Collier for the modern game, but I guess we'll see. To be an elite guard now, you need to be able to shoot off the dribble at a high level.
the shooting will come for Collier - it's not broken and i've seen him shoot really well from three in high level games. but he gets to the cup as well as any PG in recent memory, is well built/strong and is a flat out wizard as a passer/playmaker. honestly, shooting is the only ***** in the armor and i think that comes along.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srrk6G1n9Uk

Dalton Knecht looking like a nasty transfer. A white guy you havent heard of from a small school who can posterize and shoot? People here going to like him.

Sometimes you say things that boggle my mind. Are we going to like him because he comes from a small school? Are we going to like him because he can shoot and posterize? Are we going to like him because he is white? Please explain why we are going to like him.

With that said he is listed at 6'6" for a guard is good size. I didnt see enough to see if he can defend. Defense is something the Jazz need desperately.

I am done with 1 way players.

Sometimes you say things that boggle my mind. Are we going to like him because he comes from a small school? Are we going to like him because he can shoot and posterize? Are we going to like him because he is white? Please explain why we are going to like him.

With that said he is listed at 6'6" for a guard is good size. I didnt see enough to see if he can defend. Defense is something the Jazz need desperately.

I am done with 1 way players.
What boggles your mind exactly?

White guys who have "sneaky" athleticism tend to be fan favorites. Small school transfer makes him an underdog, which people like. You can act like these things arent things, but they are things.

I remember you having an obsession with Nate Wolters

What boggles your mind exactly?

White guys who have "sneaky" athleticism tend to be fan favorites. Small school transfer makes him an underdog, which people like. You can act like these things arent things, but they are things.

I remember you having an obsession with Nate Wolters
Ok how to reply to this.

Nate Wolters - in the 2013 draft. Still a solid player overseas just couldn't crack an NBA line up. I have learned a lot about draft prospects in the past 10 years. It was also the year that my son had passed away so can't say I was at the top of my game.

It boggles my mind because you seemed to equate the color of his skin to a player a Utah Jazz fan would like.

He is getting a year in the bigger leagues playing for Tennessee so it will be good to follow what he does. His age is going to be a big factor but as a late first or second rounder it makes a lot more sense.

I said it before defense is one of the biggest issues of this Jazz team.

Ok how to reply to this.

Nate Wolters - in the 2013 draft. Still a solid player overseas just couldn't crack an NBA line up. I have learned a lot about draft prospects in the past 10 years. It was also the year that my son had passed away so can't say I was at the top of my game.

It boggles my mind because you seemed to equate the color of his skin to a player a Utah Jazz fan would like.

He is getting a year in the bigger leagues playing for Tennessee so it will be good to follow what he does. His age is going to be a big factor but as a late first or second rounder it makes a lot more sense.

I said it before defense is one of the biggest issues of this Jazz team.
White players often get more popular if they are decent. It's a fact jack.

Teams that look definitively worse than the Jazz so far: Portland, Houston, Washington, Charlotte, Memphis (if nothing changes) and Detroit.
Jazz are probably on par with: Chicago, Toronto, San Antonio, Indiana and Brooklyn in the 7 - 12 range of the draft. If the Jazz trade out Clarkson and Olynyk, they could probably get into the top 7 or possibly 6.

Jazz need a wing-sized creator with legit ball skills. Stephon Castle and Garway Dual are two guys who look like they might end up being available in the 6 - 10 range. Buzelis and Risarcher are likely secondary creators, but they look like they could also end up in that draft range.

Last edited:
Another wing to keep an eye on is African prospect Thiery Darlan, who plays with Gleague Ignite. He's 6'6" with a 7'2" wingspan and has decent body control and shooting touch. He played at the Basketball Without Borders camp in Salt Lake City during the All Star break this past year. Not sure he'll play on the ball full time, but he can create when he has it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ql7v1qva8

Last edited:
I chuckled when I saw Tony Jones recommend college players tapes to review.

@Saint Cy of JFC say we are bad enough to get the Sarr pick

We get him, Kessler is phased out. Sarr and Lauri are the starting 4 and 5 of the future. What would you do about the backcourt at that point? I guess we assume/hope that Keyonte has continued to improve and is ready to take on a bigger role, say THT is coming off the bench. What's your ideal plan from that point?

@Saint Cy of JFC say we are bad enough to get the Sarr pick

We get him, Kessler is phased out. Sarr and Lauri are the starting 4 and 5 of the future. What would you do about the backcourt at that point? I guess we assume/hope that Keyonte has continued to improve and is ready to take on a bigger role, say THT is coming off the bench. What's your ideal plan from that point?
I dont think we are that bad actually. I still think the Jazz kind of right the ship somehow with the current roster, but maybe we are that bad, idk. Getting Sarr will unlikely no matter what, even if we are the worst team.

Back