What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Yeah, no idea who those dudes are. I'm not clued into teh sleepers.
Blue Cain was a top 50 kid who played at IMG (i guess you could call him a sleeper) and Kwame Evans is a 6'9 forward and a top 15 player - should be a mid-first kid, has the potential to get into the top 10 - definitely not a sleeper. Evans is big time prospect and Cain will surprise a lot of people.

Blue Cain was a top 50 kid who played at IMG (i guess you could call him a sleeper) and Kwame Evans is a 6'9 forward and a top 15 player - should be a mid-first kid, has the potential to get into the top 10 - definitely not a sleeper. Evans is big time prospect and Cain will surprise a lot of people.
I have see neither in anyone's mock draft or big board, so they are sleepers to me.

@Saint Cy of JFC say we are bad enough to get the Sarr pick

We get him, Kessler is phased out. Sarr and Lauri are the starting 4 and 5 of the future. What would you do about the backcourt at that point? I guess we assume/hope that Keyonte has continued to improve and is ready to take on a bigger role, say THT is coming off the bench. What's your ideal plan from that point?
If George proves he is the Future PG we would need a good defensive sf. I would try and nab him in the off season.

I would also hope agbaji would prove he can be a 3 and D player. He could start at the 2.

I am keeping a close eye the Heat because if the implode Herro might be good at the 2 guard. This is a big maybe.

If George proves he is the Future PG we would need a good defensive sf. I would try and nab him in the off season.

I would also hope agbaji would prove he can be a 3 and D player. He could start at the 2.

I am keeping a close eye the Heat because if the implode Herro might be good at the 2 guard. This is a big maybe.
We need good players period. As long as they arent a midget PG I wouldnt worry too much about positional need.

On-ball Guards with Top 10 potential: Collier, Castle, Dual, Wagner, maybe Topic, maybe Proctor (but the last two might be pushing it)

Two-way Wings with Ball Skills: Holland, Edwards, Buzelis, Risarcher, Walter, Darlan

Prior to seeing any data on shooting splits, I'll go ahead and say I like Justin Edwards at UK as much as I liked Brandon Miller last draft. This is just based on role, play-style and physical tools. Questions are whether Edwards shoots it well, especially from deep, and whether he shows an assertive, take-over mentality.

Life is definitely harder for freshman in the transfer era. A lot of these big name teams have at least one transfer starter, a lot even have two

I can't wait to watch what DJ Wagner this year. He and Edwards are going to be one hell of a duo.

Life is definitely harder for freshman in the transfer era. A lot of these big name teams have at least one transfer starter, a lot even have two

So many of the best players go the alternate routes, and the upperclassmen transfers are better basketball players than most of the freshman anyways. Feels like the hype of Freshman recruits is gone.

Back