What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I can't wait to watch how this kid progresses this season. He could be an ideal fit for us.

He's 6'8", has a handle and can shoot off the bounce. He plays defense, plays with motor and can pass off the dribble at full speed. He looks comfortable shooting from mid-range as well as from deep. There's a lot to like here. He just doesn't have a bursty first step.

Last edited:
Stephon Castle is a wing-sized guard at UConn. He's now listed at 6'6", 215 lbs. He's big enough to get where he wants on the floor and make plays either over or around the defense. If he can really play as a lead initiator, he'd be a really nice complement to Keyonte and the Jazz in general. If not, he's a 2/3 in the mold of a Troy Brown. He finishes above the rim fairly easily. There's also a chance he's available outside the top 5.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37O75QtCuGE&t=18s

Not to mention cool name.

I'm a bit worried about Ron Holland's shooting touch. His shot looks mechanical and forced. His finishing at the rim looks pretty average as well. He's going to drop a bit in the draft order if he doesn't show touch in the Gleague and draft workouts.

Risacher is at least a full tier better than Ousmane Dieng from 2022, imo. Better handle, better passing, plays faster, seems to shoot better, quick defensive reactions. So there's that. He's a lottery prospect for sure.

Sample size is small so far, but Risacher statistically looks quite similar to Brandon Ingram at Duke.

Last edited:
His lack of vertical explosiveness was definitely noticeable but he moves really well and he has a ton of confidence in his shooting.
Confidence is the last word I'd use to describe him. He was beyond awful in his age group's international play. At this point I wouldn't use a first round pick on him.

Confidence is the last word I'd use to describe him. He was beyond awful in his age group's international play. At this point I wouldn't use a first round pick on him.
Always nice to have Cy's so called expertise and negativity back.

Always nice to have Cy's so called expertise and negativity back.
Go watch the games. I was on high on him as well before, but he was incredibly bad and basically invisible amongst his peers. He's in no way a lottery prospect at this point. I'm glad his French League play has been better, but it's not enough to make me forget.

I'm a bit worried about Ron Holland's shooting touch. His shot looks mechanical and forced. His finishing at the rim looks pretty average as well. He's going to drop a bit in the draft order if he doesn't show touch in the Gleague and draft workouts.
It's early, but the only game changer currently is Sarr.

The simplistic explanation for Buzelis' draft stock would be that if he can shoot like Dirk or KD, he's got enough other things to round out his game. He's a 6'11" guy with a high shot window and enough handle and mobility to take a few dribbles and shoot over defenders. He's not going to blow by guys or overpower them in the paint. He's a super long wing with some guard skills. If he can't become an alpha scorer, then he probably can end up as a Chandler Parsons floor-spacer type.
He's not 6'11

I think Buzelis is a pretty OK mid to late lottery prospect in most drafts. I doubt he is a top 5 guy this year. He got hype because of the 6'11 thing then everyone actually saw him.

Why? Risarcher is quicker, moves better, has legit guard skills and is a natural creator on the ball.
Risacher is a solid IQ prospect, but he isn't a creator at the NBA level. The moving better stuff is just wrong. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying Risacher does anything better than Buzelis

Buzelis is a NBA level athlete with way more upside.

Risacher is a solid IQ prospect, but he isn't a creator at the NBA level. The moving better stuff is just wrong. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying Risacher does anything better than Buzelis

Buzelis is a NBA level athlete with way more upside.

Let's see how it plays out. I like guys who can really create and shoot off the dribble, especially for the Jazz.

Back