What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Isaiah Collier with another solid game tonight -- 19/3/5 + 4 stls. I'm curious to know if the Jazz would want another 6'3" power guard.

Give me a comp… feel free to be wild.

I'm having a hard time coming up with comps for Holland, and normally I'm pretty quick with a comp... He's 6'7", he's fast and plays downhill, he plays defense, and he has a Jimmy Butler-like knack for impacting plays all over the court. I might say there's a bit of Butler there. He hasn't shown the shiftiness, handle and creativity of a Grant Hill, so I wouldn't go that far. He's more athletic and has more motor than the proverbial Danny Granger or Marvin Williams. He's more skilled than Kuminga or Anunoby. If I'm the Jazz, I'm asking myself if he has point-forward potential. His swing skill is probably passing, and he's shown some flashes. Maybe he's like a smaller, but slightly better version of Siakam (hopefully)??

He's the 6'7", athletic, 2-way wing archetype that all teams want. Although now I just saw that Ignite is listing him at 6'6".

Last edited:
Isaiah Collier with another solid game tonight -- 19/3/5 + 4 stls. I'm curious to know if the Jazz would want another 6'3" power guard.
mitchell being the other one? if so, in a word - yes. the biggest problem with mitchell wasn't mitchell himself - it was the jazz unwillingness to make him a full time lead guard and pairing him with a 6' pg. with Collier, he is a pure PG (yes, one who can flat out score too), so you have to make him the lead guard and if you pair him with a bigger guard - even Keyonte at 6'5 is a lot bigger than Conley, it's a much better fit than Mitchell and a shrimp in the backcourt.

I'll always be a fan of Don but if the Jazz can find a comparable 2 way talent closer to 6'-7" with ballhandling skill that would by my preference.

Presti was ahead of the curve so that entire OKC lineup is full of long ballhandler types. The Jazz will need to be mindful of matching up with those kinds of teams in the future.

I'll always be a fan of Don but if the Jazz can find a comparable 2 way talent closer to 6'-7" with ballhandling skill that would by my preference.

Presti was ahead of the curve so that entire OKC lineup is full of long ballhandler types. The Jazz will need to be mindful of matching up with those kinds of teams in the future.
Presti took a huge gamble on non-shooters though and that team hasnt gotten over any humps yet, so its WAY premature to call it a successful plan.

I do generally agree with this. Not sure Collier fits the "positional size" priority we're looking for. 6'3-6'4 good size for a PG, but he's not particularly long or vertically explosive.

In love with his game, though. And he's got top-end speed and fluidity unlike a number of other power guards. Unstoppable in transition and going to the rim.

I do generally agree with this. Not sure Collier fits the "positional size" priority we're looking for. 6'3-6'4 good size for a PG, but he's not particularly long or vertically explosive.

In love with his game, though. And he's got top-end speed and fluidity unlike a number of other power guards. Unstoppable in transition and going to the rim.
6'3-6'4" is plenty in terms of positional size - but again, you just have to pair it with a bigger guard. in fact, there has never been an NBA champion this century without at least one of their starting backcourt being 6'4" or smaller - possibly only the MJ Bulls in nba history.

Last edited:
Collier would have to be head and shoulders above everyone else for me to draft him. He's a smaller guard
He didn't seem super fast but is strong and still got where he wanted to go. Maybe some Billups to his game?

Everyone is still theoretical for me but I think Holland, Sarr, Buzelis, might be the guys I like the theory of the most. Didn't see anything from Edwards that got me all that excited. So after those three I'd probably be willing to talk myself into any of the Collier, Castle, Walter, etc. group.

Based purely on theory and the very limited highlights I think Holland would be my top choice by a decent margin, but if he opens up playing like doo doo then its just whatevs.

I think this is a draft you can definitely trade up if you want. So if you land #4 but like the #1 guy I think its plausible a team would play ball. So maybe DA can get something done if we don't get lucky.

Back