What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

crazy how dillingham and sheppard have been better than their starting frosh counterparts in nearly every game. crazy in a funny sort of way, but not all that surprising for anybody who had seen them play. sheppard is a killer and dillingham just gets buckets - reminds me of cam thomas in the sense that he was just born to be a scorer (otherwise different players of course).
When Bradshaw comes back UK should be really good.

Edwards and Holland looking extremely mediocre is just a huge blow to this draft for teh Jazz. The hope would be to find a potential wing starter. Edwards and Holland arent looking like that now. The next up wings are Buzelis, Risacher, and Cody Williams.

If those guys dont continue to play well then there arent really many options. Mgbako from Indiana, but he looks years away at this point.

Edwards and Holland looking extremely mediocre is just a huge blow to this draft for teh Jazz. The hope would be to find a potential wing starter. Edwards and Holland arent looking like that now. The next up wings are Buzelis, Risacher, and Cody Williams.

If those guys dont continue to play well then there arent really many options. Mgbako from Indiana, but he looks years away at this point.

For the guys who watched tons of Bilal games and film how does Risacher compare as a prospect?

it's still early, but mgbako doesn't even look like a OAD at this point. as far as all these guys are concerned, but mostly edwards and holland, we have to hope they figure it out. we need them to be really good NBA prospects - even if it's just to make the top of the draft deeper.

I think you are overreacting big time on Edwards and Holland. I'm still very high on both players.

For the guys who watched tons of Bilal games and film how does Risacher compare as a prospect?

Risarcher isn't the explosive, super quick athlete that Bilal is. However, Risarcher is long, plays with consistent motor, plays both sides and has a well-rounded mix of skills. He's been shooting fairly well as of late. Risarcher might be like the Gordon Hayward of this draft in that he can do a bit of everything and be an ideal complementary glue guy. Not sure if he has the competitive drive that Hayward had, which pushed him to become an All Star.

I think if Topic is really 6'6" he's a no-brainer for the Jazz. I still like Dual as well.
Not a legit 6'6 and even if he is, it's 6;6 with a tiny wingspan. Questionable shooter. DOnt think he's a no brainer unless we are picking 14th (which we cant pick that late due to the restrictions)

You are as usual. You are the king of the overreaction.
SIr, if you think Justin Edwards is an exciting prospect you overreacted to pre-season hype.

Ron Holland is a 6'5/6'6 burst athlete who has the game of a 4 man. No thanks.

Pre-season hype is always hilarious to me. Some people told you Player X is good, but you start watching the seaon and you can clearly tell they arent good, but it takes forever for them to fall down boards

The drop off from Reed to Wagner in quality of offense is massive. Reed/Dillingham flow like water.

Wagner doesnt look awful, but he is certainly playing awful.

Back