What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Speaking of Locke, how much is everyone buying his draft prospect numbers he has been pushing?

I haven’t been following, but if it’s the same as it was before…probably not great. He really loves to look into synergy but I don’t think he does it in a great way.

Sure, but you also have to think about who your team can develop the best. If you have a team full of primary ball-handlers who are fully established you are probably going to have a hard time developing a guy who needs to be a primary ball-handler to realize his potential.
You’re not understanding what I’m saying. I’m talking about dudes you’ll look back five years later and say damn I passed on him because I had player A already.

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. I’m talking about dudes you’ll look back five years later and say damn I passed on him because I had player A already.
I'm understand you just fine. What if that hypothetical player got drafted by your team and in 5 years you look back and he never got the reps and he never developed because he got drafted by a team that didnt fit him?

Way more impressive highlights than Salaun.
I dont think him and Salaun are even that comparable. I see Salaun as someone who is more in the mold of Lauri Markkanen as an off-ball player and Dadiet I see his upside being more Gordon Hayward

Dadiet to me is more comparable to Buzelis. They are basically the same height/wingspan. I think Buzelis has an inch in both departments, but Dadiet measured with a higher standing reach. Athletically they tested similarly, but Buzelis definitely looks more athletic in highlights. Dadiet has 20 lbs of mass on Buzelis and is 9 months younger. Dadiet is a much better shooter. Both project as big on-ball scorers if they reach their ceiling.

Last edited:
I watch Locked on Jazz almost everyday and viewership is always less than 3-4k.. and even less take his words as gospel.

I don’t think he has as many “followers” as you may think.

It's not about how many followers he has. It's about whether the front office wants him putting out messaging that contradicts what the front office is doing. He's still considered an "official voice" of the Jazz and he gives regular interviews with Jazz-affiliated media. He's less likely to promote his own personal opinions than a journalist. His job is really to support the Jazz organization.

Every year, Locke basically tries to manage people's expectations and talk about draft prospects that conservatively should be available to the Jazz in the draft. This year, he's saying he likes Cody Williams, Ron Holland and Jared McCain. At least two of those guys should be available at #10. One year, Locke was over the moon for Trey Lyles, and sure enough Lyles was the pick that year.

Last edited:
Speaking of Locke, how much is everyone buying his draft prospect numbers he has been pushing?

I mean, he's using different numbers he has access to in order to evaluate whether a prospect can shoot, is athletic or can handle the ball in pick-and-roll. There are different ways to quantify or talk about whether a player has those dimensions to their game. You don't need an exhaustive analysis to say that guys like Buzelis, Holland and Castle didn't shoot well this year and that it's a concern they'll need to overcome. Saying that Dalton Knecht is old for the draft isn't some incredible insight.

Last edited:
Back