What's new

2024 NBA Offseason

The Pelicans have no C right now. It’s already been reported that they are unlikely to bring back Val.

Is this Walker Kessler’s time?
Three way... Kessler and Collins to NO - Ingram to Philly - picks to Utah and NO.

The Pelicans have no C right now. It’s already been reported that they are unlikely to bring back Val.

Is this Walker Kessler’s time?
Kessler stays on the shelf in case the panic Lauri offer comes in and the Jazz need to give something to extract the haul they want.

It actually might help explain why he was on the market and now basically off the market again. Also explains how Kessler would only go in a serious trade offer.

They don't own their pick. They aren't tanking. Murray didn't make them better. They will use what they got to make a more sensible upgrade
Lol, no they won’t. The market is too rich for buyers (though this probably reflects a market correction), but they don’t have much to shop with.

Three way... Kessler and Collins to NO - Ingram to Philly - picks to Utah and NO.

I could see Ingram coming to UTA….but yeah I already know how you feel about that lol.

I will say this, as the resident “this ain’t happening” guy….I do wonder if Ainge is able to have an honest conversation to Ryan about the West. I am certain Ryan wants to get better right now, but even if that was our entire goal we’re falling behind on options to do that. I know sure as **** Ryan didn’t want to move Mitchell before SLC All Star game but it had to be done.

We can’t even compete if we wanted. We’re getting whooped in this arms race and bringing a knife to a gun fight. Ingram is maybe the best “gettable” guy and even with him there’s no way we’d be favored to get into the play in.

I could see Ingram coming to UTA….but yeah I already know how you feel about that lol.

I will say this, as the resident “this ain’t happening” guy….I do wonder if Ainge is able to have an honest conversation to Ryan about the West. I am certain Ryan wants to get better right now, but even if that was our entire goal we’re falling behind on options to do that. I know sure as **** Ryan didn’t want to move Mitchell before SLC All Star game but it had to be done.

We can’t even compete if we wanted. We’re getting whooped in this arms race and bringing a knife to a gun fight. Ingram is maybe the best “gettable” guy and even with him there’s no way we’d be favored to get into the play in.
Bruh we bringing one of them fake knifes that the blade is made of plastic and it retracts into the handle when you stab it...

DA has to point to OKC... the fans will be fine if things make sense... maybe if we get the guys next year and the young players we have can show out you can accelerate the process next year. Even Portland I think got better if Clingan doesn't suck. Brogdon was good but also not healthy.

Just take our lumps.

The Pelicans will send the Los Angeles Lakers' first round pick in 2025, plus the least favorable 2027 first round pick between the Pelicans and the Milwaukee Bucks. The Pelicans deferred their acceptance of a first round pick from the Lakers in this year's draft to receive it in 2025.

Too rich for the Jazz to give one likely-meh 1st, one protected 1st, a past-prime vet, and a disappointing rookie scale player. But we going “big game hunting.”

Right.

Bruh we bringing one of them fake knifes that the blade is made of plastic and it retracts into the handle when you stab it...

DA has to point to OKC... the fans will be fine if things make sense... maybe if we get the guys next year and the young players we have can show out you can accelerate the process next year. Even Portland I think got better if Clingan doesn't suck. Brogdon was good but also not healthy.

Just take our lumps.

I was originally going to say we’re bringing a plastic fork but I respect Lauri too much lol.

I feel like Ryan is harder to convince than the fans. Jazz fans always show up. Maybe Ryan’s split focus with the Jazz and hockey team will allow him to stomach the hit more.

If it was the Jazz plan to move forward….I think they are already getting outpaced. I also think there’s some kind of sunk cost fallacy/ancy behavior going around in the West right now. Teams will continue to mortgage their future to keep pace with everyone else.

SAC, HOU, GSW, and MEM are all way better than us and trying their best to get better right now. None of them made the playoffs last year and there’s no clear team that made the playoffs who will drop out. Oh yeah, there’s that Wemby guy too.

Maybe Ainge can convince Ryan to fold and play for another time.

Kessler stays on the shelf in case the panic Lauri offer comes in and the Jazz need to give something to extract the haul they want.

It actually might help explain why he was on the market and now basically off the market again. Also explains how Kessler would only go in a serious trade offer.

Possibly. I think Kessler has extreme value to teams who are without a C and/or in cap issue. Even Kessler’s harshest critics got to acknowledge that he’s really good value on his rookie deal.

NOP is a great spot for him. They are getting close to the tax and their only bigs are Zion and Missi. They desperately need a big and need one that is cheap.