What's new

2024 NBA Offseason

I actually like him ok. Just like I like Ingram ok and Harris ok but these guys are worthless to our particular team at this particular time.

I want to tank but if not tank then I want a young stud (Jalen Williams ish) or a real star (Luka, Gianni's etc)

No half assed dumb **** moves with fringe all star dudes

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
This. The only player types we should be interested are just those two.

We need our cap space for Lauri R&E so we cant just take in any meh money, and thats regardless of whether he is a long term piece or whether we want to trade him.

Our roster is also atm overflowing with value building opportunities so reclamation projects dont make sense. JCs, Sexton, Dunn and even Lauri can all build up their value from where it is and the young guys are obviously largely unproven.

Lauri building up value is more about getting him to sign a contract that is team friendly for 2025-2029... but there is also the outside chance he actually hits a new gear (remember the end of 2022-23 where he had nearly 30 PPG pace for 40 games).

Always liked him, but I can’t help but wonder why teams keep bailing on him which gives me pause. Especially since the teams he’s been on suck.

That being said, I probably kick tires on picking him up (especially with the new salary floor rules).

Last edited:
Our boy Royce signed a 4 year 44M contract with The Suns.

Jalen Smith is now a FA. Dude was fun to watch with The Pacers. I think he's gonna get paid solid by some team.

So GS gonna lose Klay. Green and Curry aging… what’s their move?

I'm still thinking an Ingram 3 teamer to GSW is possible. GSW doesn't seem to have the assets NOP would covet, but another team might...................

I'm still thinking an Ingram 3 teamer to GSW is possible. GSW doesn't seem to have the assets NOP would covet, but another team might...................
What team though?

Oh us you mean us.

IMO, if Ingram is traded we'll be involved, or CLE will be involved. Allen/Kessler should be the guys they're targeting.
The pelicans deal as presently constructed can’t be completed in either cap year… it’s complex but it is going to be expanded. There is a clear second shoe that is dropping.

If the Jazz renegotiate Lauri’s salary this year to a full max contract, they will be just over the salary floor but would retain roughly $13 million in space. So that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

They would then be one of maybe two teams heading into the season with cap room while half the league is over at least the first-apron.

The best value play is doing that R&E and trading Kessler to render the team defense insolvent and subsequently start the season right: losing a **** load of games.

Back