What's new

A few questions for the bitchers and moaners

Beer

1. Are we better off if we keep Rubio or sign some other rando for 10-12 mill rather than trading for Conley?

2. Was a player that scored an efficient 20 ppg and was known as one of the most underrated players in the league worth the risk of a trade?

3. Who's been screwing the Jazz worst? A. Conley B. Donovan C. Ingles D. Snyder

4. Do you really blame Lindsey for making the trade? We gave up Crowder, a draft pick or 2, and some cap space.

1. Are we better off if we keep Rubio or sign some other rando for 10-12 mill rather than trading for Conley?

2. Was a player that scored an efficient 20 ppg and was known as one of the most underrated players in the league worth the risk of a trade?

4. Do you really blame Lindsey for making the trade? We gave up Crowder, a draft pick or 2, and some cap space.

1. No we are not better off, we might be the same but we are not better off

2. Yes, def worth the risk. Had to make a big move at some point. Might not work out but def worth the risk.

3. In this order Conley, Don, Joe, Snyder ...... Don has been playing bad. Really bad. Conley has been playing awful really awful.

4. No, was a reasonable move at the time and still has a chance to pan out in the long run.

As someone who thought this team might have finals potential at the start of the season, and is quickly being disabused of that notion I guess I qualify to answer these.

1. No, I don't think we'd be better off.

2.Yes, he was worth the risk- the team had reached its ceiling and it was clear change was needed. It had, and still has I guess, the potential of working out.

3. The blame here is pretty even imo.

4. I don't blame him, it was a lot to give up for sure, but I'd rather we take the risk and not have it pay off than play it safe and be assured of another early playoff exit.

I won't necessarily say that we are “better” with Rubio. But we surely aren’t gonna be anywhere near this “championship contending” conversation with Conley.

If all you could've hope for with this current lineup is to get around 50 wins/second round elimination, we've already accomplished that with Favs/Rubio, then what's the point of burning multiple draft picks/spending millions of dollars/parting ways with fans favorite players, just treading water???

Last edited:

It was more than this. Crowder, Korver, Allen and two 1st round picks. Just a bit more than your casual attempt to minimize the effect of the trade on Utah's future. With all that and 20/20 hindsight the Jazz could have probably gotten a couple of upper mid level players that would help the Jazz out more than Conley has.

1. I think the bigger question is would we have been better off unloading Exum onto Memphis, then having the extra $10 from waiving Korver (because the difference in Korver’s contract waived and maintaining Crowder instead of Exum would have freed up cash), or even keeping Korver. But we could have landed an Aminu. I’d say that some could argue that hindsight bias would say yes that we’re better off with Rubio, but I don’t think our current vantage point qualifies as “hindsight.”

2. Yeah.

3. I put this on Quin and Donovan. Ingles and Conley are missing shots. Donovan is simply taking bad shots, forcing things, playing hero ball, and a Quin has done nothing to intervene. We don’t even have an offensive strategy. Everyone talked about pick and rolls with Joe and Bojan in the corners and the threat of the lob or the pass to the corners. Instead we’re getting a bunch of floaters.

4. No, but I blame him for not bringing in some toughness. Like, we accepted our starting lineups poor rebounding fate, then we grab the worst rebounding four in the league. Can’t fault him for bringing in a veteran on the minimum, but you have to manufacture some other options. I also blame DL for not getting us a real point guard, and for swapping Neto with NWG.

Conley is not worth the risk, at all. I think we all had this conversation at trade deadline last season. Conley' fit next to mitchell, size, age and overpriced contract are major concerns that simply proven to be too much to be overlooked.

I was always against the Conley trade.
I would have kept our picks and players we gave up and used our cap space in free agency.
(I understand we might not have been able to get bogey and that would suck)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was always against the Conley trade.
I would have kept our picks and players we gave up and used our cap space in free agency.
(I understand we might not have been able to get bogey and that would suck)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Bogey siging has more things to do with us offering him a big contract(Indiana reportedly wanted sign him to a deal less than 3 yr) than Conley.

It was more than this. Crowder, Korver, Allen and two 1st round picks. Just a bit more than your casual attempt to minimize the effect of the trade on Utah's future. With all that and 20/20 hindsight the Jazz could have probably gotten a couple of upper mid level players that would help the Jazz out more than Conley has.

Fair. So Crowder (not very good), Korver (200 years old), Allen (god awful) and 2 late 20's picks ...... Thats not a ton imo. Worth the risk.

5. When we gonna golf again?

1. No we are not better off, we might be the same but we are not better off

2. Yes, def worth the risk. Had to make a big move at some point. Might not work out but def worth the risk.

3. In this order Conley, Don, Joe, Snyder ...... Don has been playing bad. Really bad. Conley has been playing awful really awful.

4. No, was a reasonable move at the time and still has a chance to pan out in the long run.

Your balls must be big saying that about DM on Jazzfanz. Not the reason I want to golf with you again but it certainly helps.

Fair. So Crowder (not very good), Korver (200 years old), Allen (god awful) and 2 late 20's picks ...... Thats not a ton imo. Worth the risk.
One 20's pick is enough to get you someone like Niko or Lou, let alone three picks. The fact that DL wanted to be wasteful with his draft picks doesn't mean they are just as worthless to other teams. Not to mention even DL has gotten a franchise player in Rudy from a "late 20's pick".

Last edited:
I was always highly skeptical on the Conley deal. However, I did say that the Conley deal was going to be acceptable as long as we added another quality piece. By adding Bojan, I thought we would be really, really good. However, my initial issues with Conley have unfortunately been realized - he's aged, he isn't as explosive, he's taking the ball out of other's hands, and he's massively overpaid (much less what we paid to get him).

I have faith that we can sort out our roster. However, we need to try to trade Exum if he's not part of the long term goals. I'm tired of seeing him here if he's not going to play (his fault and coach's fault). Our team is old and we need another quality rotation guy now.

Conley is not worth the risk, at all. I think we all had this conversation at trade deadline last season. Conley' fit next to mitchell, size, age and overpriced contract are major concerns that simply proven to be too much to be overlooked.

I dont think Conleys fit next to Mitchel has been an issue at all. Its the fact that Conley is not hitting wide wide wide open shots. That has nothing to do with his size or DM. Something weird is going on.

Nope. Some shooters are just better shooting off the bounce than catch and shoot. Just looking at their 3pt % can be deceiving. Conley has spent his whole career with the ball consistently in his hands. But we need someone who is adapted at off-ball/catch n shoot. Conley isn't the one.

I wonder if there is some other dissension going on in the locker room that's making us play so poorly. Losing is one thing but getting blown out is another. The guys seem so outta sync. Have there been any rumors about that grumblings?

Nope. Some shooters are just better shooting off the bounce than catch and shoot. Just looking at their 3pt % can be deceiving. Conley has spent his whole career with the ball consistently in his hands. But we need someone who is adapted at off-ball/catch n shoot. Conley isn't the one.

Hasn't he been a historically good spot up shooter though?