What's new

Aaron Gordon to Utah Jazz - Chad Ford

I would trade Favors if the Jazz were confident in getting Greg Monroe....who they have always really liked.

Trey Burke
Gordon Hayward/Alec Burks
Jabari Parker/AK47
Greg Monroe/Enes Kanter
Rudy Gobert

With all due respect, I'd never trade Favors for Monroe. Both seem to lack some fire and consistency, but Derrick is a much better defender, IMO. Monroe isn't really an improvement at anything.

With all due respect, I'd never trade Favors for Monroe. Both seem to lack some fire and consistency, but Derrick is a much better defender, IMO. Monroe isn't really an improvement at anything.

Except for passing, which none of the current jazz bigs do well. Lindzey likes passers, Monroe passes.

If we trade favors we just take a step back as a franchise. We don't try and replace him with a piece like Monroe. Or we get a young guy with some upside to start.

Also, while a lot of other players are doing everything to avoid Utah, he seems to be genuinely interested in playing here. If he maxes out his potential, he also seems like the kind of guy who will RECRUIT other players for the Jazz. He's the kind of guy who coaches love, teammates love and opponents hate. I can see how he'd fit in with this team and community and become the face of the franchise in no time.
yah this.

This message was brought to you via a mobile device
kkKKKkkkKKKKkkKKKKKkKKKkkkkkKKkkkkkkkkKKKkkkkkk

I am leaning toward trading Favors and the 5th pick. If we don't I love Aaron Gordon at the 3. So either way I am excited.

Trey Burke - Neto
Gordon Hayward - Alec Burks
Wiggins - Bazemore
Enes Kanter - Evans
Rudy Gobert - Veteran

Yes we could probably be better if we signed more people. but we need to develop. I really like Gobert. Sign a Veteran back up center to mentor Gobert. But he is a legit rim protector.
He needs more playing time.

If we keep Favors.

Trey - Neto
Burks - Veteran
Hayward - A-Gordon
Kanter - A Gordon - Evans
Favors - Gobert

I am leaning toward trading Favors and the 5th pick. If we don't I love Aaron Gordon at the 3. So either way I am excited.

Trey Burke - Neto
Gordon Hayward - Alec Burks
Wiggins - Bazemore
Enes Kanter - Evans
Rudy Gobert - Veteran

Yes we could probably be better if we signed more people. but we need to develop. I really like Gobert. Sign a Veteran back up center to mentor Gobert. But he is a legit rim protector.
He needs more playing time.

If we keep Favors.

Trey - Neto
Burks - Veteran
Hayward - A-Gordon
Kanter - A Gordon - Evans
Favors - Gobert
Burke
Burks
Gordon
Kanter
Favors

Every player in this draft has a flaw. Gordon seems to be a hard worker and has as much upside as anyone. If he is Kirilenko I actually think that is good. AK would have been great if he had the mindset of Gordon.

My first preference would be to move up because I'm not sure what the upside of the team is as currently constructed, but Gordon is a good plan B. Also, he'll be fun to watch.

I agree. AK's biggest knock was the he didn't work to develop himself. Gordon has said he will work on his game so that he will eventually be the best player to come out of this draft. If AK had that desire, he would've been a perennial All-NBA player and would've figured out how to shoot the ball.

This Cavs trade makes no sense to me...

Why would they want Favors and Embiid playing together? Favors is an atrocious defender on the perimeter - having him trying to guard stretch 4's would be a nightmare.

Stretch 4's are generally smaller PF'S that is playing out of position with an exception to a few.

While Favors would have trouble defending the 3 point range on the defensive side of the ball Favors would have a big advantage on the offensive side in the post. Favors should end up with the higher shooting percentage and have an advantage for rebounds throughout the game. Duncan also doesn't guard the 3 point shot well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burke
Burks
Gordon
Kanter
Favors
I'm a fan. . .

Add Aaron Gordon, Rudy Gobert, Ante Tomic (if they buy him out), Raul Neto and whoever else they can grab in the draft. It's a young team, but it's a huge improvement on the depth and athleticism. I have faith that the new vision of a draft and develop system and this coaching staff will pay big dividends if they're patient.

DL sees the big picture. I don't see him burning the house down quite yet. I'm expecting that they'll want to see how these guys fit what Quin wants to do before getting rid of them for spare parts. If a big deal that you can't say "No" to comes along, then you pull the trigger. . . otherwise you trust the system that you're putting into place. I just wish they would have started this as soon as Jerry Sloan resigned.

Every player in this draft has a flaw. Gordon seems to be a hard worker and has as much upside as anyone. If he is Kirilenko I actually think that is good. AK would have been great if he had the mindset of Gordon.

My first preference would be to move up because I'm not sure what the upside of the team is as currently constructed, but Gordon is a good plan B. Also, he'll be fun to watch.

I must say I haven't been sold on Gordon, I'm coming around tho, if we aren't trading up I'm on the Gordon bandwagon, he's really selling his confidence well and I like that!

This line up looks good. need gordon to be amazing. If we can't trade to get wiggins or parker, I hope the jazz pick him and praise god to make him super saiyan franchise change player

Gordon might not fall to five now. He could go 3 to Sixers.