What's new

Aaron Gordon to Utah Jazz - Chad Ford

Upside vs. Energy.

5qp7Gb

ydL3vU

_FAcnp

I'm perfectly happy taking Gordon at 5 and keeping Favors.
This. The Jazz will have 6 lottery picks under contract if they match on Gordon Hayward's offer. The price to move up for an unproven commodity is too high IMO. I love Parker and Wiggins, but not at the prices that have been bandied about. Aaron Gordon has all the potential in the world. The better move is to pick him and then do everything that you can to build him up and then build around him. See how the pieces fit under the new coaching staff and look to make an impact move next offseason. There's too many teams that are jostling for position to be a part of the Mello/LeBron derby.

Aaron Gordon has a lot of strengths to work with and the desire to improve on his weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him end up as the best player from this draft. If he were a better shooter, he'd be in the conversation for the #1 pick. I'd rather gamble on his shot than Embiid's health. I also don't believe for a second that the 76ers are thinking about taking him. They're blowing smoke to get somebody to move up (either the Jazz or Celtics) if they can't trade up to #1. I still think that the top four will be Wiggins, Parker, Exum and Vonleh.

Jazz should just stay put and pick Aaron Gordon at 5.

My prediction for the top seven picks:
Cleveland: Andrew Wiggins
Milwaukee: Jabari Parker
Philadelphia: Dante Exum
Orlando: Joel Embiid
Utah: Aaron Gordon
Boston: Marcus Smart
LA: Noah Vonleh
Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

I'm perfectly happy taking Gordon at 5 and keeping Favors.

If the trade happens I'll be happy. If it doesn't and we get AG I'll be happy as well. If we don't move and take Vonleh I'll get behind it and cheer for him but I will be bummed initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we cannot get into the top 2 I would be very happy with this.

If the trade happens I'll be happy. If it doesn't and we get AG I'll be happy as well. If we don't move and take Vonleh I'll get behind it and cheer for him but I will be bummed initially.

Except for the last part, I agree completely. I'm always sad to see players traded, especially since they are young and still improving. But Favors didn't step forward as a franchise center. The fact Lindsey is willing to part with him signals that they are either very high on Gobert, Tomic or have an inside track on another player via trade.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm pretty sure that most of the possible outcomes for Thursday will improve the Jazz. I'm happy with forward movement for this team. I'm glad that the coaching search is done with and we have an idea of the direction that they're heading. It seems like this upcoming season will again be "lean" with an emphasis on playing the young guys and developing talent. I can live with that type of direction as long as they figure out what players real values are before extending their contracts. Hayward is going to be a bit more of an unknown factor because he's never played for Snyder in the type of system that he will bring. I personally hope they keep him, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
My prediction for the top seven picks:
Cleveland: Andrew Wiggins
Milwaukee: Jabari Parker
Philadelphia: Dante Exum
Orlando: Joel Embiid
Utah: Aaron Gordon
Boston: Marcus Smart
LA: Noah Vonleh
Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

Cleveland/Milwaukee: Makes sense
Philadelphia: MCW on the market. Likely indicates they want Exum.
Orlando: Noah Vonleh. I don't see Orlando taking Embiid, Vucevic is a quality center. They have Tobias Harris and Jack Nicholson (I mean Andrew) at PF. Vonleh is not only BPA but also a need pick.
Utah: Aaron Gordon. No brainer with Vonleh gone.
Boston: they think about Embiid, but go with Smart. Everyone knows Rondo is gone at the deadline.
LA: Embiid too tempting to pass up at #7

Except for the last part, I agree completely. I'm always sad to see players traded, especially since they are young and still improving. But Favors didn't step forward as a franchise center. The fact Lindsey is willing to part with him signals that they are either very high on Gobert, Tomic or have an inside track on another player via trade.

Yeah I know I'm more down on Vonleh than a lot of people but if the Jazz grab him I will just trust their judgement and get behind it.

I'm just not rational anymore when it comes to Aaron Gordon. I want him if we don't trade up.

Cleveland/Milwaukee: Makes sense
Philadelphia: MCW on the market. Likely indicates they want Exum.
Orlando: Noah Vonleh. I don't see Orlando taking Embiid, Vucevic is a quality center. They have Tobias Harris and Jack Nicholson (I mean Andrew) at PF. Vonleh is not only BPA but also a need pick.
Utah: Aaron Gordon. No brainer with Vonleh gone.
Boston: they think about Embiid, but go with Smart. Everyone knows Rondo is gone at the deadline.
LA: Embiid too tempting to pass up at #7

Def can see it playing out like this. But I gotta wonder if we would take Embiid if he's there. I think there's a good chance oral and grabs him at 4.

^^^^how i feel

I really think AG is gonna figure it out. I like his intangibles as much as any other player in the draft. He seems focused at the most important time of his career so far. He's a worker and a winner.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];854256 said:
I really think AG is gonna figure it out. I like his intangibles as much as any other player in the draft. He seems focused at the most important time of his career so far. He's a worker and a winner.

Yeah. His mental makeup seems superior to Wiggins. And then Jazz can keep Favors.

I like AG if we stay at 5. I think he's a good complementary player for the next 10-15 years. I just don't want to stay at 5.

6. Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State

Tyreke Evans (88.3), James Harden (87.5), Chris Paul (87.0), John Wall (86.0)

Smart is one of two first-round prospects without a match better than 90. Players with some similarity to him have been successful in the league; Evans and Dion Waiters have had the worst careers of the group.

So he wont come in for a workout...who gives a ****. SCHOENE thinks he is going to be great, as do I. Just take him and call it a night if we cant move up. No one has better projections than him

Also love this guy at 23.

29. Jordan Adams, UCLA

Dion Waiters (96.6), Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (95.6), Otto Porter (88.8), Paul George (88.7)

All of the 10 players most similar to Adams were drafted in the top 15, which is another indication he could be a steal late in the first round.