What's new

After years of hearing about the chuck-a-rama I decided to try it for lunch yesterday

sirkickyass

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
1601109_10100506406803527_1690622294_n.jpg

I don't even like Sizzler. But it would be an improvement.

I actually felt worse about it when I walked outside and realized there was a Sizzler across the street.

I can't imagine working at the Chuck-a-rama is a pleasant experience when 80+% of the clientele are either original 1930's social security enrollees or have so many chins that their necks resemble gills. Pointing out that the slightly less crappy restaurant across the street is a strict upgrade is probably just piling on.

I actually felt worse about it when I walked outside and realized there was a Sizzler across the street.

I can't imagine working at the Chuck-a-rama is a pleasant experience when 80+% of the clientele are either original 1930's social security enrollees or have so many chins that their necks resemble gills. Pointing out that the slightly less crappy restaurant across the street is a strict upgrade is probably just piling on.

We have an annual Chuck-a-Rama dinner in remembrance of my grandmother (it was her favorite place to go on her birthday) and every time we're there I look at the diners and think if I ate there more than once a year, there might be an annual dinner for me, too.

Their salad bar is FAR superior to Sizzler or any other buffet, imo.. but the rest of their food is very meh, at best.

Buffets are buffets. Food is not meant to be made and then sit around for a few hours at a high temperature until people decide to pick through it. It is meant to be made in manageable portions and eaten within a short time of it being made. So you always get exactly what you think you will at a buffet. I think Chuck-a-rama is just fine, as far as cheap buffets go. It's hard to feed my family for less than $100 for a decent meal (6 of us), and yet have enough variety of a sufficient quality to make it a reasonably enjoyable experience, and generally chuck-a-rama fills the bill. In Reno (and in Vegas) the years of good cheap buffets are long gone. Our favorite here, Tucan Charlie's in the Atlantis, is not $30 for the standard weekday dinner buffet and I believe it has topped $40 on Friday and Saturday nights.

did u seriously leave that note? funny to post a pic, but if u actually left it thats kind of a dbag move imo, especially if the service was good/fine but u just didnt like their food.

I do wonder what you were expecting at a buffet, Kicky.

From what I've been told, Chuckarama is apparently one of the better chain buffets, but that's like being the best spice girl.

Only time I eat at buffets is if I don't have to pay.