What's new

AK+9th pick 4 Iggy+filler (build to keep Deron and make a title run now)

Ok so a starting line up of...

Wiliams/Price
Miles/Matthews
AK/Miles/rookie
Millsap/AK/rookie
Fesenko/Koufos

How many games does this win you? Goodbye Deron in two seasons, and then Jazz suck!
About 10 more than the team you've assembled. What happened to Boozer and Memo?

Boozer is gone via free agency and Memo could not be back, EVER!

Millsap doesn't want to play behind Boozer any longer, he will request a trade.

Has Iguodala ever played with a point guard like Deron? No, Andre Miller doesn't come close.
Again, how does he even fit in with the Jazz? You complain about Brew's J, but Iggy's isn't much better. He isn't an outstanding defender, and he won't be given ball handling/play-making responsibilities. AK does more, you only have to pay him big money for one more season, and you keep the #9 pick.

And, again, Portland isn't dumping Przy to a division rival (even if your proposed trade were possible under the current NBA CBA), Millsap is twice the player Zaza is, and Joey Graham, Ime Udoka and Sasha are garbage (might as well pluck guys from the D League).

Has Iguodala ever played with a point guard like Deron? No, Andre Miller doesn't come close.

come on man, you're killing me here. He's the the Corey Maggette + $3mil of the eastern conference. He is in no way shape or form someone you A) sacrifice big pieces for or B) build a nucleus around.

Tell me why Wes Matthews couldn't produce what Igudola does if he had the same amount of shots/playing time?

Igudola: 6'6 207 46% career FG 32% 3pt
Matthews: 6'5 220 48% FG 38% 3pt

Holy ****. There is so much dumb **** flying around this thread it's hard to know where to start.

I guess I'll try, "HOLY ****! WHAT?! NO. Wait, was this a joke? Then yes."

That's where I'll start.

Also, Iguoudala isn't getting enough credit by most and is getting wildly more credit by one. AI2 is not a good shooter but he has a significantly tighter handle than either Brew or AK and I've at least seen AI2 make some nice shots off the dribble before (and it helps that he doesn't have the worst form in the NBA).

Also, if Matthews is 220, AI2 is 240. There is no way any human being as chiseled and bulked as he is at a legit 6' 6" is 207. Beyond that, Matthews appears to have T-Rex arms and white guy athleticism besides that he is in no way 6' 5" (look at him compared to Kobe [significantly shorter] or Deron [no significant height difference]). AI2 can at least finish strong (even if it's the only thing he does well). He's also a good rebounder and passer.

Is he worth his salary? No way in hell. A lot of his production is due to what he's asked to carry for his team, but you can't demote his production all the way down to Ronnie Brewdini.

Philly would **** the bed if the Jazz merely offered AK for AI2 straight up. Then they'd wake up and your suggestion would still be lunacy the likes of which I've never seen (when including the Millsap trade which is truly horrendous).

Would I like to see how Iggy could fit in on the Jazz roster? Yes, but no way in hell is he worth the money he is making. Does he even know how to play without having the ball in his hands all the time? I don't think so. I think Iggy on the Jazz would be a lot like Vince Carter on the Magic...it just wouldn't work out well for either side.

AK/Okur for Iguodola/Dalembert works

Why Philly does this? AK's an expiring contract and Okur can spread the floor.

Why Utah does this? Pair Deron with his Skullcandy buddy, Iguodola, for a strong backcourt for years to come and Dalembert provides some length in the middle.

Philly:
Holiday/Williams
Turner/Kapono
Young/Carney
Brand/Kirilenko
Okur/Speights

Utah:
Williams/Price
Iguodola/Matthews
Miles/Korver
Boozer/Millsap
Dalembert/Monroe

Why Utah does this? Pair Deron with his Skullcandy buddy, Iguodola, for a strong backcourt for years to come and Dalembert provides some length in the middle.

Philly:
Holiday/Williams
Turner/Kapono
Young/Carney
Brand/Kirilenko
Okur/Speights

Utah:
Williams/Price
Iguodola/Matthews
Miles/Korver
Boozer/Millsap
Dalembert/Monroe

What/how are we paying Boozer in this scenario?

What/how are we paying Boozer in this scenario?

129185434179718623.jpg

Philly:
Holiday/Williams
Turner/Kapono
Young/Carney
Brand/Kirilenko
Okur/Speights

Utah:
Williams/Price
Iguodola/Matthews
Miles/Korver
Boozer/Millsap
Dalembert/Monroe

Dalembert is already an expiring. And if the best argument you can say for Okur is that he can "spread the floor," Phily is just going to politely hang up the phone in your face.

I agree that Iguodala is vastly underrated by most, overrated by one. Seeing his game, I would love to have him on the Jazz. Looking at his salary, I want him no where near the Jazz.

As for the fit, AI2 would be great coming off the curl and driving, much like Matthews does currently. He's also a good defender and not nearly as bad a shooter as is being portrayed here.

But that contract. Sheesh.

I sense sarcasm which I don't like because you are not giving them a chance because they have never played with a point guard of Deron Williams caliber and coached by a coach like Jerry Sloan

Spending a 2nd rounder on a bit of unknown is giving them a chance. Spending 30M on two guys who've been in the league for years and can't win one playoff series isn't giving them a chance. It's suicide.