What's new

Al Jefferson is Vegan!

Lol. Vegetarian = healthy. Vegan = not, unless properly supplemented and monitored. So for all I know Kanter and Irwing are vegetarians. If Lillard or Big Al is 100% vegan, it is not going to last long in my honest opinion. Majority vegans after few years switch back to eating animal products as their bodies just can't go against how we are evolved to eat and digest.

Plus article has wrong data. Based on this http://veganbits.com/vegan-demographics-2017/ only 2% in USA are vegetarian or vegan.... and vegan strictly only 0.5%.
There are many former vegans than there are current vegans; there are more than five times as many former vegetarians/vegans than there are current vegetarians/vegans. Said differently, 84% of vegetarians/vegans abandon their diet. Extrapolated out, that means that there are 8 million lapsed vegans as opposed to the 1.6 million current vegans.

Find this quote the most idiotic: “It makes all the sense in the world why the elephant is an herbivore,” Salley says about eating plant-based foods. “Elephants, gorillas, giraffes are herbivores. Huge bodies, they can’t process animal flesh.’’

Gorillas are not 100% vegan. They do consume insects and odd eggs
Does he know about blue whale? Sperm whale? Orca? What an idiot.

Lol. Vegetarian = healthy. Vegan = not, unless properly supplemented and monitored..

Everyone supplements their diet including non vegans so that's not really an argument. Plus it's pretty easy to supplement the few things they need.

Everyone supplements their diet including non vegans so that's not really an argument.

Certainly not everyone. If you eat wide variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish and dairy you really do not need any supplements. You are missing the point though...We evolved to be omnivirous... the fact that our bodies can't make Vit B12 without animal origin protein is pointing towards right diet for humans. Vegan diet is not the one.

We have a loud vegan at work. Some time ago, I was minding my own business having a sandwich, he sits next to me and goes "you know that humans have canines to peel fruits, not to eat meat, right?". Totally unprompted. He took it upon himself to volunteer that piece of misinformation. I argued with him a bit, he got annoyed, and walked away.

We have a loud vegan at work. Some time ago, I was minding my own business having a sandwich, he sits next to me and goes "you know that humans have canines to peel fruits, not to eat meat, right?". Totally unprompted. He took it upon himself to volunteer that piece of misinformation. I argued with him a bit, he got annoyed, and walked away.

these types of people disgust me. I don't care if they are vegan or vegetarian. Just do your own **** and stop telling us what to do. Don't judge us for what we eat.

I worked with few vegan females. At one conference hosts served the most amazing roast beef ever. I went to the buffet twice to repeat it as it was so delicious. Than one of my vegan coworkers sits nearby and asks me - "So I see you enjoying this disgusting piece of carcass". I answered - "absolutely, you want some to try"?... to which she just walked away with sour face... probably deep inside she wanted it so badly...lol.

Certainly not everyone. If you eat wide variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish and dairy you really do not need any supplements. You are missing the point though...We evolved to be omnivirous... the fact that our bodies can't make Vit B12 without animal origin protein is pointing towards right diet for humans. Vegan diet is not the one.

Vegans can drink almond milk or coconut milk. Either has enough Vitamin B12 in one cup for the day based on the RDA.

Vegans can drink almond milk or coconut milk. Either has enough Vitamin B12 in one cup for the day based on the RDA.

Yes, if it is fortified with Vit B12. There is no Vit B12 in almonds or coconuts or any other non animal origin food source. They as well eat Vit B12 fortified cereal, granola bars and so on.

84% who abandon vegan diet must find it not that easy huh?

Easy to supplement. It might not be easy to stick to. So is any strict diet. I am sure more people have vowed to give up certain things like alcohol, sugar and lots of other things from their diet and quit. Most people quite 100s of different diets and meal plans.

It still is an invalid argument against it.

The standard diet is very supplemented. It is even more so with athletes that supplement a lot. You can quote b12 as something you need and its the only thing. It is also very easy to get in supplements. A lot of foods are fotified with it from vegan sources. Just like a large chunk of your other foods are fortified with things that are good for you. You eat lots of fortified food because most people dont get enough of many essential food items.

We evolved to eat anything that is what humans are. We can eat lots of things and survive. Being more healthy? That is debatable. Its pretty easy to be very healthy with being someone who eats meat, is vegetarian or vegan. That is fact.