What's new

Al Jefferson is Vegan!

The b12 is not from animal sources it's made from bacteria that is vegan. They do not take it from animals.

There is no such thing as vegan bacteria - as bacteria is not a plant.... Plus for bacteria to produce VitB 12 they need animal source.

Most show mixed results like I mentioned and find that people can live healthy with vegan diet.

Most of them won''t research it properly and won't supplement which will lead to nutritional deficiencies. Thus small numbers who are doing ir with proper supplements is not enough to claim whole diet as healthy. Numerous cases of nutritional deficiencies, starvation and death due to vegan diet especially in children of vegan parents are well documented and reported.

Yes, if it is fortified with Vit B12. There is no Vit B12 in almonds or coconuts or any other non animal origin food source. They as well eat Vit B12 fortified cereal, granola bars and so on.

Okay.

They are based on you liking to eat meat and being insecure that there is a healthier alternative.

********. Veganism is not healthier alternative to what I eat or what my body needs. Plus I like seafood more than meat, could live without meat no problem. When on vacation in PEI ate no meat at all for 10 days and did not miss it one bit. Lobster, scallops, mussels and fresh fish every day? Can't beat it.

********. Veganism is not healthier alternative to what I eat or what my body needs. Plus I like seafood more than meat, could live without meat no problem. When on vacation in PEI ate no meat at all for 10 days and did not miss it one bit. Lobster, scallops, mussels and fresh fish every day? Can't beat it.

Fascinating

Our closest relatives in animal world chimps and bonobos are omnivorous as well and are known to consume meat, insects and eggs.