What's new

Alex Caruso

... Super limited sample, but the guy is doing stuff out there and I think some of it is real.

13.9 PER. His FT% is good and TOs are kinda high. I read somewhere that is what you want with a project, because a lot of good FT shooters can subsequently improve their other shooting numbers, and high usage guys can get their TOs down. What is harder to improve are do-nothing types like Rxum.

13.9 PER. His FT% is good and TOs are kinda high. I read somewhere that is what you want with a project, because a lot of good FT shooters can subsequently improve their other shooting numbers, and high usage guys can get their TOs down. What is harder to improve are do-nothing types like Rxum.

He's big too... gets a lot of steals... shot 40% from three on a limited NBA sample, but high 30s is believable. He gets in the lane and the turnovers are high. He's older so not necessarily a project, but if there was a guy who was going to be the next Joe Ingles (guy who keeps improving even if it doesn't make a ton of sense) I think Alex is a solid bet.

We know he is confident AF... anyone trying to dunk on Rudy or pull off the long balding hair and mustache combo is a confident dude... right or wrong.

TO's are high because Walton is running out 5 man sets that are being held together by spit and scotch tape. They had virtually no floor time together up to a couple weeks ago.

TO's are high because Walton is running out 5 man sets that are being held together by spit and scotch tape. They had virtually no floor time together up to a couple weeks ago.

He seems like he'd do well in an intelligent system. I think he does make some mistakes though... few bad passes and he just got picked by Curry last night in the final minute.

I do agree some perspective is needed though... he's running out there with Javale McGee, KCP, and G league guys (although Williams and the other guy look solid).

If it wasn't for the Lakers injuries and shutting the team down would he even be playing? Probably not.

What does that matter? He took advantage of an opportunity. Joe Ingles may not have played much had we not had a tanking skeleton crew the year we picked him up off the scrap heap.

Can we get @Archie Moses in here with his gender converting app? What does Alexis Crusoe look like?

Bogdanovic is not going anywhere though, he found home in Indiana.

After we sign Caruso we can send him to Bojan’s house with a Uhaul truck and he is as good as ours....

Also, Caruso looks like a guy who leads a three man mover team and drives a uhaul.

He's big too... gets a lot of steals... shot 40% from three on a limited NBA sample, but high 30s is believable. He gets in the lane and the turnovers are high. He's older so not necessarily a project, but if there was a guy who was going to be the next Joe Ingles (guy who keeps improving even if it doesn't make a ton of sense) I think Alex is a solid bet.

We know he is confident AF... anyone trying to dunk on Rudy or pull off the long balding hair and mustache combo is a confident dude... right or wrong.
Being in LA and having a regrettable number of friends who are Lakers fans, I've watched a fair amount of Caruso lately. I think it's pretty clear that the game is slowing down for him. I really like how he has his head up and finds his own rhythm.