What's new

All Star Weekend Thread

I wish we had someone on the roster that was capable of doing a slam dunk contest.
Yeah if we only had a guy who can like legit dunk from FT line..

View: https://streamable.com/c5hydj

PS.
That was also posted 2 years ago on Bulls Reddit with a lot of sour comments about "boosting his trade value" and "him always failing to dunk over someone"...

...ah how times change.

Cy mentioned Ochai. Obviously he wont be in the dunk contest but his combine numbers say he would have the best chance to represent the jazz in that event.

Yeah if we only had a guy who can like legit dunk from FT line..

View: https://streamable.com/c5hydj

PS.
That was also posted 2 years ago on Bulls Reddit with a lot of sour comments about "boosting his trade value" and "him always failing to dunk over someone"...

...ah how times change.

LOL he is so long he was maybe a couple inches off the floor when he put the ball through the hoop then landed. He almost landed first. Love it.

Cy mentioned Ochai. Obviously he wont be in the dunk contest but his combine numbers say he would have the best chance to represent the jazz in that event.
I don't think he will either, but it honestly feels like the NBA struggles to find 4 players, any players, that even want to be in the contest. If Ochai is staying in SLC for the break, I could see him just filling the slot. The favorite for the contest this year will most likely be a G-Leaguer who has played 0 minutes of NBA basketball this season

Don't they select 1st or 2nd year players lately?
Yeah, last year they had 12 rookies, 12 sophomores, and 4 G-League Ignite players and put them on 4 teams and then they played short games for a small tourney. Plus they had one of the most boring sponsorships with the Clorox Rising Stars name.

Don't think they have announced the format for this year, but I sure hope they don't do it like that again. I just want 12v12 rookies v. sophomores, with full 48 minutes.

Didn't think it was worth a new thread, but the NBA just announced that they will be airing the All-Star draft live before the game.

I am all for it, the NBA is more of a drama machine than a sports league anyways. The noise when Lauri is picked will be massive, hopefully he doesn't go last.

Yeah, last year they had 12 rookies, 12 sophomores, and 4 G-League Ignite players and put them on 4 teams and then they played short games for a small tourney. Plus they had one of the most boring sponsorships with the Clorox Rising Stars name.

Don't think they have announced the format for this year, but I sure hope they don't do it like that again. I just want 12v12 rookies v. sophomores, with full 48 minutes.

I was referring to the dunk contest.

I understand why we're campaigning for Beas to get into the 3pt contest, but to say he's been "so good" from the perimeter for the Jazz this season (like Holly does in the video) is a load of bull. He's at 36%, way under his career average and worse than the current league average for shooting guards.

Yet, he's hoisting a career high 8.5 threes per game. Beasley has been resembling a chucker this season more than ever.

I understand why we're campaigning for Beas to get into the 3pt contest, but to say he's been "so good" from the perimeter for the Jazz this season (like Holly does in the video) is a load of bull. He's at 36%, way under his career average and worse than the current league average for shooting guards.

Yet, he's hoisting a career high 8.5 threes per game. Beasley has been resembling a chucker this season more than ever.

He has definitely been in a month-long slump, I personally thinks he'll get hot again and finish higher rate but players should be judged by what they've contributed in the season at hand.

He is still 8th in the league in made 3's per game, 9th in the league in 3's attempted per game, and being a player for the team hosting always gives you a boost. Markkanen is actually 10th in the league in makes per game, shooting a blistering 43%, and should already be in the area for the weekend so on paper he makes a lot of sense.

Who first read this as “NBA announces that THT will air…”? Also, is there no practice, then, as teams are presumably selected before the game?
That's what I was wondering. I went to the practice session 30 years ago. It was cool. Jordan, Pippin, Shaq, Barkley, Drexler, Robinson, Olajuwon, Stockton, Malone, etc.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app