Team Jazzyapma:

PG - Chris Paul / Walt Frazier / Kyrie Irving
SG - John Havlicek / Andre Iguodala
SF - Grant Hill / Bernard King
PF - Kevin Garnett / Kevin Love
C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar / Ben Wallace / Mehmet Okur

Hotttnickkks case:

Philosophy

- I've built this team based on the philosophy of defense, inside-out basketball with quality shooters.

- Mutumber, Pippen, Duncan, Howard, Chandler, Kidd and Johnson, these are some of the best defenders who have ever played the game. The depth of defensive presence means this team will always fight hard and will always be in the game (never get blown out).

- Offense will run inside-out through Tim Duncan - a proven winner with 5 Championship Rings.

- Plenty of Scorers & 3pt shooters - Reggie Miller is 2nd all time career 3pt made, Jason Kidd is 3nd all time in career 3pters made. Carmelo is a legit scorer. Tim Duncan and Aldridge can drain jumpers.

- Jason Kidd is a wizard with the ball and offensively can get the ball to anyone, anywhere. Defensively solid and 2nd all time in STEALS.

Point Guard

Jason Kidd is a physical guard and will be able to physically man-handle Chris Paul in this match-up. He is 2nd all time in assists made and 2nd all time in steals - makes no mistake about it Jason Kidd in his prime will own Chris Paul. Kidd has also taken the Nets to the Finals and won it with the Mavs. What has Chris Paul achieved???

27yw9.gif

Shooting Guard

Scottie Pippen is THE BEST wing defender the NBA has ever seen. He will physically overwhelm Havlicek, will stick to him like glue and Havlicek won't be able to get many shots off. Havlicek also has never shoot the 3pt shot, his lack of shooting will will hurt the team's spacing.

giphy.gif

Small Forward

Carmelo Anthony is a thoroughbred scorer. He has averaged 25.7ppg over his 12 year career He is physically built like a PF and he will be too strong for Grant Hill to contain.

meloinyoface.gif

Power Forward

Tim Duncan VS Kevin Garnett. Very very close match-up. Two quality players. I still prefer Tim Duncan in the clutch because he has Championship Pedigree with 5 Championship Rings.

4-tim-duncan-trophies-players-named-nba-finals-mvp-more-than-once.jpg

Center

Kareem has met his match. Dikembe is a 4-Time-Defensive-Player-of-the-Year. Kareem is 7'2, but so is Dikembe he is also 7'2. Dikembe is also 2nd all time blocks leader, second only to Hakeem. Dikembe will really give Kareem a hard time.

mutombo_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

Bench

- Reggie Miller leads the 2nd unit as the 6th man off the bench - an offensive prodigy and one of the most clutch player to have ever played the game.

- Front line is stacked once again with defensive players: Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler and Dennis Johnson who was a bad-***.

iDuG4pgY18AN2.gif

Conclusions: Jazzyapma's Weaknesses are:

1) Lack of 3pt shooting to spread the floor

John Havlicek as good as he is has never shot a single 3pt shot in his career. Grant Hill is a 31% Career 3pt shooting average!!! Chris Paul is OK but he cannot be asked to carry the load by himself - Jason Kidd will stick to him like glue and will make sure Paul cannot get an easy 3pt shot off.

2) Lack of Clutch shot maker

My team has a myriad of clutch shooters waiting to pounce. My last minute lineup will include the following players:

C - Tim Duncan
PF - Robert Horry
SF - Carmelo Anthony
SG - Reggie Miller
PG - Brandon Roy

Conclusion

This will be a close match-up, but ultimately my team will edge out a 4-2 series win because:

1) Tim Duncan with his Championship Pedigree and Leadership will come through.

2) Myriad of experienced Defensive Players (Dikembe, Duncan, Pippen, Kidd, Dwight, Chandler, Johnson) will keep every game close (8 DPOY Awards).

3) Jazzyapma's lack of clutch shot maker will be the difference. Reggie Miller, Carmelo and Horry are proven shot makers in playoffs situation and will make that last minute shot EVERY-SINGLE-TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463f9vIeO6E

duncanfive14pf-1.jpg

Jazzapma's case:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

rejects Chamberlain

"Power" Forward

Kevin Garnett

"Small?!" Forward

Grant Hill

vs. Mourning

Judo King

In Your Face

"Shooting Guard"*

John Havlicek

*The wing that actually shoots the light out.

Before Dr. J, Havlicek was there.

One of the best shooters of the game, ever.

"Point" and "Guard"

Chris Paul

Warrior

Love Jazzy's team besides Havlicek and would have voted for Hotttnickkk if he didn't start Carmelo.

Close one here, Hotttnickkk weakened his starters slightly by starting Melo, but strengthened his bench.

Love Jazzy's team besides Havlicek and would have voted for Hotttnickkk if he didn't start Carmelo.

Close one here, Hotttnickkk weakened his starters slightly by starting Melo, but strengthened his bench.

Compared to your starting SG Mitch Richmond, Carmelo had averaged 20ppg or more for 12 straight seasons and counting (25.7ppg over his career). He could easily do that for another 4 more years as well making it 16 straight seasons, Mitch only had 10 straight seasons of 20ppg+ FWIW.

Scottie, Carmelo and Kidd is a nightmare lineup IMO. Scottie would guard the opponent's best player and give you 20pt. Carmelo could give you 25+ pts in his sleep. With Kidd feeding these guys the ball - that's one game I would pay good money to see.

Compared to your starting SG Mitch Richmond, Carmelo had averaged 20ppg or more for 12 straight seasons and counting (25.7ppg over his career). He could easily do that for another 4 more years as well making it 16 straight seasons, Mitch only had 10 straight seasons of 20ppg+ FWIW.

Scottie, Carmelo and Kidd is a nightmare lineup IMO. Scottie would guard the opponent's best player and give you 20pt. Carmelo could give you 25+ pts in his sleep. With Kidd feeding these guys the ball - that's one game I would pay good money to see.

Richmond plays defense.

Hotttnic (kkk less) for me- Very close Id say Pippen at SG is a nightmare matchup the guy can guard SGs, SFs, and still drop alot of points thats the difference maker between these two teams. Otherwise Id say all other positions dead even or too close. a great matchup Id say itd go more like 4-3 in a round of 7 extremely close though C and PF almost cancel each other out but Pippen at SG and can swing to SF at times =advantage Hotttnickkk........

I didn't have much time these days. Let me say, if you do not think that my team doesn't spread the floor, you are mistaken. My guards can hit the 3 ball, as well as Love and Okur.

For Pippen vs. Hill arguement let me add some words. We got to see how good Hill was during his prime, but we did not get to see how good he was during his absolute prime, which he was just entering before he was decimated by injuries. Grant Hill was on his way to becoming the face of the NBA after Jordan retired and he would have been the one that carried the torch into the new millenium and been the poster boy for the NBA.

He was coming off of a 26/6.6/5.2 on near 50% shooting and led his fairly weak Pistons team to the playoffs as Stackhouse was really the only other star on the team. The rest of the team was filled up with role players like Lindsey Hunter and Christian Laettner. Although these two were very solid role players, the team was definitely lacking outside of Grant and Stack.

Don't get me wrong, Scottie Pippen is an All-Time great and most likely a top 5 small forward to ever play the game, but if Pippen was the first option for the duration of his career, a large part of what makes him so great (6 Championships) will be gone because I don't think that he had what it took to lead a team to the promise land as the main man.

He was an elite second fiddle, perhaps the greatest of All-Time, but he did not posses the leadership capability nor did he have "it" (you know what I mean, at least I hope as it would be hard to explain lol) to be an elite first option and franchise player. Grant Hill had "it" and, if he was not decimated by injuries and management put the right players around him, he would have led his team to multiple championships.

If Grant was never hit by injuries and had a healthy career, he would be a top 10 player of All-Time and would've gave Larry Bird a run for his money as well (although I don't think he ever would've surpassed Bird, he would be the undisputed second best small forward to ever play the game). I don't think that Pippen would not have been top 10 ever if he was the number one option for his entire career.

It truly is a shame that Hill was hit so hard by injuries, because the NBA and us as fans, missed out on seeing a truly special player, and one that does not come along often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18Kc2xykPg

My guards can hit the 3 ball.

For Pippen vs. Hill arguement let me add some words. We got to see how good Hill was during his prime, but we did not get to see how good he was during his absolute prime, which he was just entering before he was decimated by injuries. Grant Hill was on his way to becoming the face of the NBA after Jordan retired and he would have been the one that carried the torch into the new millenium and been the poster boy for the NBA.
3P shooting is a huge problem with your roster. Honestly I don't know what you were thinking when putting that backcourt together. Your only 3P threat is CP3 who will be defended by a 4" taller Jason Kidd.

Grant Hill had an impressive start to his career but we can't take his never-realized-absolute-prime into account -injury or whatever, does not matter. With his career, he should not get a starting role at this level.

I like the crazy combo of Garnett and KAJ. This teams needs to score inside obv but Tim Duncan and Mutombo won't allow much space anyway.
As for the other team, I am not sure why Carmelo is starting. I don't think his iso-ball works well in tough competition. Also he has never been tested at this highest level. Rest is cool though. Overall these teams are not close, should be an easy W.

I think Kareem is probably the best and most underrated player of all time, but I don't think he has the support to be Duncan, Pippen, and Melo. I almost voted against Kinkkky though because he is starting Pippen at SG. I think that is a bit of a cheat, and I actually think Miller and Pippen might be a better starting twosome than Melo and Pippen, but that is still the better and deeper team.

I seriously watch in awe how everybody underrates Havlicek, one of the greatest shooters of all time.

Guys, Havlicek was obviously a bad 3-point shooter because they didn't have the 3-point shot when he played.

Stupid things that I read on jazzfanz.

I seriously watch in awe how everybody underrates Havlicek, one of the greatest shooters of all time.

I don't, that's why I had Pippen guarding him, and I think he'll do a great job, especially considering that neither Havlicek nor Hill shoots the 3 ball, Pippen can just play him for the drive.

I don't, that's why I had Pippen guarding him, and I think he'll do a great job, especially considering that neither Havlicek nor Hill shoots the 3 ball, Pippen can just play him for the drive.

So, you forget how I can easily put another NBA scoring champion into play, King. Kyrie is also a 3 point shootout champion. I can't understand how my team can't hit the 3 arguement. My team doesn't need 3 point shooting to score, but there are several players who can when needed. I think my team is more versetile than KKK's. And I have really elite players who can defend the paremeter with proven defense, so how do YOU score the 3? Havlicek, Frazier, Paul AND Igoudala! Are you kidding me?! My team can defend the ****!

Another thing... Please score to lineup Abdul Jabbar at C, Wallace at PF, Garnett at SF, Iggy at SG and Frazier at PG.

So, you forget how I can easily put another NBA scoring champion into play, King. Kyrie is also a 3 point shootout champion. I can't understand how my team can't hit the 3 arguement. My team doesn't need 3 point shooting to score, but there are several players who can when needed. I think my team is more versetile than KKK's. And I have really elite players who can defend the paremeter with proven defense, so how do YOU score the 3? Havlicek, Frazier, Paul AND Igoudala! Are you kidding me?! My team can defend the ****!

So you're bringing Kyrie in to replace Havlicek/Hill in the starting lineup? The problem is Kyrie needs the ball in his hand to be effective and doesn't do well in spot-up situations. As an example, he only shoots 32% from spot up 3's last season.

https://www.fearthesword.com/2014/7/26/5939649/kyrie-irving-catch-and-shoot-jumper-cavaliers

So you're bringing Kyrie in to replace Havlicek/Hill in the starting lineup? The problem is Kyrie needs the ball in his hand to be effective and doesn't do well in spot-up situations. As an example, he only shoots 32% from spot up 3's last season.

https://www.fearthesword.com/2014/7/26/5939649/kyrie-irving-catch-and-shoot-jumper-cavaliers

The thing people ignore is the fact that Havlicek could score anywhere on the floor. Deadeye sharpshooter he was. The 3 line didn't exist when he played but he could easily have been Kyle Korver.