All-Time NBA Draft Round One--HottKinkkkk vs. addicitionary

Who wins, addictionary or HottKinkkk?

• addictionary

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • HottKinkkk

Votes: 28 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no doubt that the new game is at a higher level of its evolution. But what we did here was an All time greatests draft. What I tried to do was to pick the best players I can out of the ones I loved. Otherwise we would do a Current NBA instead of this. The logic here should be to emphasize the greatness of these historical figures. I thought I had formed a great team full of great names that would receive a lot of respect, but I guess I didn't know the older guys were long forgotten by many. Still I think I should be glad to hear the positive ones I did. And I still believe the roster I picked would eat kkk's alive. ;)

There is no doubt that the new game is at a higher level of its evolution. But what we did here was an All time greatests draft. What I tried to do was to pick the best players I can out of the ones I loved. Otherwise we would do a Current NBA instead of this. The logic here should be to emphasize the greatness of these historical figures. I thought I had formed a great team full of great names that would receive a lot of respect, but I guess I didn't know the older guys were long forgotten by many. Still I think I should be glad to hear the positive ones I did. And I still believe the roster I picked would eat kkk's alive. ;)

No, it is (and has always been) simply about a theoretical match of skills. Two teams going head to head. It's not a competition of picking a team of players who had the biggest impact on the game or something. It's the same concept as when we do the Current Players Draft, only you can pick anyone in history.

I don't think anyone is saying you don't have talent on your team. I think they're saying that with LeBron on your team you do need players who could give you something different, who could space the floor and hit jumpers and 3pt shots. If Dr. J can't hit them, Cousy can't hit them, and you can't count on Kemp or Sabonis, then you're putting too much pressure on LeBron.

The whole has to be worth more than the sum of its parts, if you know what that means.

I don't think anyone is saying you don't have talent on your team. I think they're saying that with LeBron on your team you do need players who could give you something different, who could space the floor and hit jumpers and 3pt shots. If Dr. J can't hit them, Cousy can't hit them, and you can't count on Kemp or Sabonis, then you're putting too much pressure on LeBron.

The whole has to be worth more than the sum of its parts, if you know what that means.

:) I had my share.

All in all, I'm still 50-50 on this one but I might go with Nickkk, just for the sake of not backing a fellow countryman.
booo
traitor.
I support my local mosque-going, Allah-fearing moslem bro:..
no votes for the infidel KKK bro:.
my "very stupid" jokes aside;
I voted for addi not for he is a greasy and hairy Turk but his team has LBJ, Sabonis and a better-deeper bench.
besides Artis Gilmore has the best NBA name ever, so this was a no-brainer for me!
addi should have won 4-3

kemp would just get embarrassed out there against timmy IMO. it would be like pairing griffin against 03 duncan. that's a total mismatch. but i love hayes and he may even outrebound timmy. so you probably end up having a half court team with hayes/sabonis. you have to go big because they will go big. can your team be a pick & roll team? i don't know. maybe. i would love to see the offense go through sabonis. i love what sabonis brings - he is pretty much bigger and better divac, but mutombo will cancel him out with his tenacity and instinct.
a little belatedly, but for the sake of decent bball-talk, I want to chime in and say that I disagree with all due respect, sir.
Kemp would have a field day against Nickkk's team, a picnic.
He would have like 6 dunks a game and lead a personal war of atrition against Mutombo and Timmy-D.
Not because he has mad skillz, he doesn't.
But because he is playing with Sabonis.
Sabonis would feed him on a Jason-Kiddesque level and Kemp from the weak side would destroy his team.
Besides with Sabonis delivering the ball from the inside, "dat LBJ punk" would cut and dunk in unforeseeable fashion.
It would be a slaughter!

so all in all, wonderful match up boyz!
I would like thank KKK and addictionary for the hours they put in for this illuminating "lecture".

Last edited:
booo
traitor.
I support my local mosque-going, Allah-fearing moslem bro:..
no votes for the infidel KKK bro:.
my "very stupid" jokes aside;
I voted for addi not for he is a greasy and hairy Turk but his team has LBJ, Sabonis and a better-deeper bench.
besides Artis Gilmore has the best NBA name ever, so this was a no-brainer for me!
addi should have won 4-3

a little belatedly, but for the sake of decent bball-talk, I want to chime in and say that I disagree with all due respect, sir.
Kemp would have a field day against Nickkk's team, a picnic.
He would have like 6 dunks a game and lead a personal war of atrition against Mutombo and Timmy-D.
Not because he has mad skillz, he doesn't.
But because he is playing with Sabonis.
Sabonis would feed him on a Jason-Kiddesque level and Kemp from the weak side would destroy his team.
Besides with Sabonis delivering the ball from the inside, "dat LBJ punk" would cut and dunk in unforeseeable fashion.
It would be a slaughter!

so all in all, wonderful match up boyz!
I would like thank KKK and addictionary for the hours they put in for this illuminating "lecture".
Thanks a lot for your kind words, sir. It means a lot.

new basketball > old basketball

Sorry.

agreed. but new basketball has been around for 35 years. nothing really has changed except the how the game is played.

IMO greatest era is late 80's. no sisssy rule, no flopping, teams running up and down, players were tough as nails.

today's players have overall physical talent edge. that's not debatable. also today's players possesses more moves. but today's player pack unnecessary weight. just look at bron & melo trying to lose weight. and today's players lack the basic fundamentals.

i teach basketball sometimes, and it's really hard to change the bad habits. it's very hard to teach kids the basics, because they go to youtube and try learning fancy cross overs first. this kid i used to teach practices tony parker crossover, AI, watches shamgod dribbling techniques. but he can't shoot a baby hook. can't even do a basic mikan drill. he is a master at euro step, but he can't go left.

in games, he becomes a freelance one on one wannabe, 'look at my new move' dude who practices his new move in a real game. it's an epidemic. drive me crazy.

Don't get me started on the Cavs move. I hated it. And my playmaker is Cooze. Not Lebron James. James is a point forward, who can step in for the job. No need to overuse anyone when you have some many good of them.

he is way too old school. i'm a big old school guy, but IMO, nba started to shape up in mid 60's. cousy won't be able to play for my team because he lacks the lateral quickness and has no strength to stay in front of any decent athletic PG. he would resemble smaller mid to late 30's steve nash with no jumpers. aging nash running the show playing next to Bron? he couldn't even do that with kobe. bron is way more ball dominant than kobe ever will be. hell even a prime nash will be a mere 8assist guy next to kobe. with bron? he would be reduced to about 7.

this is not a disrespect to cousy. he was the man. but basketball was in its infancy when he was in the league. with today's training/nutrition, i'm sure he would belong.

Last edited:
A couple hours left here til a winner is declared. Once that happens, the winner will have 24 hours to PM me their new write-up...