What's new

An Essential Question

What do you want to happen?

• Total voters
I would love to see the Jazz make the playoffs this year and push a team like the thunder to 6 or 7 games. unlikely, perhaps, but that is what it has meant to be a jazz fan lately. That being said, I also want to see the reins handed over to Favors, Kanter, Burks, and Hayward. I guess i would like to see this because i want to know, if given the minutes, what a Kanter/Favors front court looks like. Recently, we have given a heavy dose of Alec Burks and it has be pretty sweet. i'd like to see more. It's not that i don't love Big Al and Millsap, but i understand that unless we get a bonafide top 10 player in the league to play along side them, Big Al and Millsap won't be able take us to the promise land. All of this being said, would you perfer the Jazz to

1- stay as they are, make the playoffs, have some great homes games where they win, but ultimatley get bounced out of the first round and then let Millsap and Jefferson walk

2-Trade Jefferson

3-Trade Millsap

4-trade Jefferson and Millsap and hand the riens over to what some of Jazz nation calls "The Core Four." (David Locke hates this phrase).

I voted option 2, and think even without Al we make the playoffs. With Al gone we can put Hayward back as a starter, and have Burks or Foye back up Hayward and the other play backup pg, though I prefer Foye as backup pg.

I voted option 2, and think even without Al we make the playoffs. With Al gone we can put Hayward back as a starter, and have Burks or Foye back up Hayward and the other play backup pg, though I prefer Foye as backup pg.

I agree that we could still get into the playoffs without Jeffersuck.

I would like to make the playoffs. Win the championship. Tank for the number one pick. Sign Allstars all day. Stay under the cap. Play team basketball. Employ a superstar for hero ball.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Signed

Jazzfanz.

My imagined scenario was that The Jazz make the playoffs last year, which they did, for the sole purpose of getting experience for our young core. Then The Jazz would trade Jefferson and possibly Millsap during the offseason and NOT pick up veteran journeymen to play in front of the youngsters.

That of course didn't happen and we're now viewing a virtual "Groundhog Day" of last season with Marvin Williams playing the role of Josh Howard and Randy Foye playing the role of Raja Bell.

The underlying tragedy of this entire scenario is at this point I'm convinced that The Jazz would probably have an equal to or better record this year - even if they just traded Jefferson for picks or an exception. Yes, The Jazz have won 3 or 4 games this year because of Big Al's offense - but they've also lost 5 or 6 games because of his defense.

My imagined scenario was that The Jazz make the playoffs last year, which they did, for the sole purpose of getting experience for our young core. Then The Jazz would trade Jefferson and possibly Millsap during the offseason and NOT pick up veteran journeymen to play in front of the youngsters.

That of course didn't happen and we're now viewing a virtual "Groundhog Day" of last season with Marvin Williams playing the role of Josh Howard and Randy Foye playing the role of Raja Bell.

The underlying tragedy of this entire scenario is at this point I'm convinced that The Jazz would probably have an equal to or better record this year - even if they just traded Jefferson for picks or an exception. Yes, The Jazz have won 3 or 4 games this year because of Big Al's offense - but they've also lost 5 or 6 games because of his defense.

I response to the bolded part: I am not a patient man. Another year of this crap and I might seriously turn in my Jazz fan card. I cannot stand watching the crap that is out there for the 30+ minutes that the starters are in there for.

In response to the non bolded part: You said it better than I could have. I am not convinced that bringing the starters back in to finish a game has helped. Yes, like you mentioned it has won a couple of games but it seems like every game, as soon as Favors leaves the floor (meaning immediately), the Jazz give up at least one uncontested layup, if not more. I am so bothered by it that I didn't care at all about the run-on sentence I just created!

I response to the bolded part: I am not a patient man. Another year of this crap and I might seriously turn in my Jazz fan card.

.....I am a "closet" Spurs fan myself! Hope they win the whole thing! Easiest team on the eyes to watch! Smart players, smartest coach, fun basketball.

Just out of curiosity, if the Jazz trade Al before the deadline, does anyone think the Jazz could go on a tear like the Nuggets did after they traded Carmelo in 2010-11?

I want the Jazz to play the young guys 30 minutes and let the chips fall where they fall. I am not excited or impressed with just making the playoffs. I want the Jazz to win a championship and the only way to do that is to play the young guys and suck for a couple of years and hopefully get two more pieces to the championship puzzle in the next two drafts.

I would be ok with making the playoffs if the "core four" are the reason why.

1st opt.

And what is that push the series to some length crap everyone is babbling around?

Any NBA team has a chance to beat the other in a 7 game series which makes it possible for the Jazz to win it all. Grow a pair people.

I voted "other", for the simple reason that the options seemed to be a blind box canyon with no way to win.

I always want our guys to win. I hate trading people out. But I had to laugh at the truth of some of the above posts, about manning up and just not settling with the idea of stretching a series to a seventh game loss, and that wonderful dreamy idea of having it all, and not having to make a choice that might not pan out.

still, you give me hope there is a way for us to do something, and I hope if we make a trade we will have some more consistent and more spirited play. oh, and better shooting. I can't run or jump, but I can shoot. Maybe I should play.

shot selection can be a matter of judgment and discipline, and that refers to management decisions a lot. You should probably look at trading management if that's the problem. But any player can practice his shooting and get better. Burns me to see players who won't do that on my team.

I would trade Millsap, because I think he's going to leave anyway to take starter money and start for another team.

I would trade Al if there were a deal that would make us a better team. I've laid out some potential Al deals in other threads.

I think the Jazz are a playoff team with or without Al and Sap, although it's still nice to have a go-to guy like Al on offense to mix in with other plays. I think the Jazz have been running too much Al, when they could be running the right amount.

The Jazz have a limited time window to add another young impact player to the team, and the best way to do that is through the draft. As much as I'd like to make the playoffs this year, it's fine with me if we don't, assuming we can then draft our choice of a young PG or athletic wing in the middle of the 1st round.