What's new

And Jesus Said Unto Them, "And Whom Do You Say That I Am?"

I like TroutBum, 69:96

"And so it came to pass, a loathsome Scourge was set upon the board, and the masses did wail, and did gnash their teeth, and did pound their chests. And behold the Scourge was liken unto foulest of Gordon's creations. Undesirable, uncouth, and blacker than the darkest beasts of the Earth, even unto the dark places of the Earth where the light of day cannot penetrate. And lo, the Scourge hath many faces and doth travel and speak with the voice and tongues of many people. And the Scourge did harken to the Moderating staff, and thus, being feeble minded, they were deceived."

I hope Gordon decides to translate your *** straight to the pits of Na'ar, Slopper. He sees you for what you are.

LOL!

I kinda like that part.

I prefer the Bible for the same reason I enjoy The Silmarillion, LOTR, etc. It is entertaining, thought provoking, and very much fictional. I've never read the BoM, so I can't say too much other than I've attempted to read it probably a dozen times in my life -- I just can't stand it. /shrug

Wow... I always thought you were a Mormon, your an atheist?

Trout in many ways is an ordinary Mormon, much like a lot of Catholics are ordinary Catholics and followers of other faiths are ordinary in their pursuits of them. Pretty much more concerned with present realities including the cultural context which is shaped by a prevailing belief system of any sort. Takes people, and life, for what they appear to be. . . . well, except for having a few persistent errors of reason, like seeing Hopper behind every other shrub. All that is probably more or less OK with God, who more or less expects it to run that way, given we are what we are.

I think the OP was pretty lame, and demonstrated profound lack of understanding for the scripture it was based on, and yet was still grandly funny and effective at poking fun at us, people in general, as well as the more intellectually-pretentious among us.

I'd go on a complete doctoral dissertation on Nietzche, Dostoyevsky, and many others who have tried, vainly, to capture the elixir of understanding and distill it into something than can be injected into the masses of mankind, but I know it's useless.

I like the book of Mormon more. It has a masterpiece of a verse 2 Nephri 5:21

"And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

I also do like the Bible with my favorite verse Ezekiel 23:20
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

Also Qur'an 5:31

"...whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind... "

So the Qur'an borrowed a saying from the Talmud. Great.

In one of the last scenes in the film, as Schindler prepares to flee from the Allies, the Jews who have been saved give him a gold ring engraved with a quotation from their sacred Talmud—"Whoever saves one life saves the world entire.” They wanted Schindler to know that by saving them, he had saved humanity.

https://www.cwla.org.au/articles/whoever-saves-one-life-saves-the-world-entire.html

Quran 51:47 "And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander"

It also stole expanding universe

Qur'an 21:30 "Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?"

Also big bang theory.

Negative, I am a very active Mo.
Trout in many ways is an ordinary Mormon, much like a lot of Catholics are ordinary Catholics and followers of other faiths are ordinary in their pursuits of them. Pretty much more concerned with present realities including the cultural context which is shaped by a prevailing belief system of any sort. Takes people, and life, for what they appear to be. . . . well, except for having a few persistent errors of reason, like seeing Hopper behind every other shrub. All that is probably more or less OK with God, who more or less expects it to run that way, given we are what we are.

I don't think I'd quite fall into the "ordinary" Mormon mold, eh Babe? On the flip side, if more Mo's were like me, we'd probably quadruple our membership in a few short months.

I don't think I'd quite fall into the "ordinary" Mormon mold, eh Babe? On the flip side, if more Mo's were like me, we'd probably quadruple our membership in a few short months.

I'm on board. So you just doubled membership on your band wagon in like no time flat.

Well, of course some serious-minded Mormons might take exception to my characterizations of a lot of things. My comment was in the ball park of observing that whatever a religion may state as the "letter of the law" or exact doctrine, most real humans just don't understand it all, or follow it all, exactly. People are first of all people, and most of what we do is both well-intended and less than the ideal might suggest.

And, if you're not just kidding about the gay stuff, my observation has been that there is a lot of latent gay stuff in many Mormon boys. I think it goes, sometimes, with perfectionist/idealistic monster moms and princess wannabe homemakers. . . . . and some boys just can't deal with all the expectations, and nobody understands but other guys. . . . . . . but I could just be wrong, you know.

Well, of course some serious-minded Mormons might take exception to my characterizations of a lot of things. My comment was in the ball park of observing that whatever a religion may state as the "letter of the law" or exact doctrine, most real humans just don't understand it all, or follow it all, exactly. People are first of all people, and most of what we do is both well-intended and less than the ideal might suggest.

And, if you're not just kidding about the gay stuff, my observation has been that there is a lot of latent gay stuff in many Mormon boys. I think it goes, sometimes, with perfectionist/idealistic monster moms and princess wannabe homemakers. . . . . and some boys just can't deal with all the expectations, and nobody understands but other guys. . . . . . . but I could just be wrong, you know.

Well, that certainly explains Colton and BeanClown...