What's new

Another Murder by Police in Pasquotank County, North Carolina

I never reported you. I'm so sick of all the bs I encounter here just for voicing my opinions. I would say the only person I have insulted on here is Babe, whose fawning support of Trump was very upsetting to me. I'm seriously considering to stop posting here and just read the news. It's not worth constantly having to defend myself and being falsely accused of things I never did. It happened in the past, as well. I would try to make light of it, but it continues. I need to make better use of my time.

Noooo, don't gooooooooooooooooooo .........

Media: Father of 10 murdered by police
Reality: Man with 100 police interactions, and many years in prison, plus history of physical violence towards police, try's to run over police and gets killed.

It is really really frustrating dealing with the bias on both sides. The media and family want to paint him as an innocent saint. The police want to paint him as a scumbag criminal. In reality its in the middle. From what I've read he made about 90 plus terrible choices and it finally caught up to him.

Media: Father of 10 murdered by police
Reality: Man with 100 police interactions, and many years in prison, plus history of physical violence towards police, try's to run over police and gets killed.
... gets killed while retreating and presenting no current threat.

It is really really frustrating dealing with the bias on both sides. The media and family want to paint him as an innocent saint. The police want to paint him as a scumbag criminal. In reality its in the middle. From what I've read he made about 90 plus terrible choices and it finally caught up to him.
It's quite possible that in this case, both sides are in the wrong. I'm not going to pretend that I know the "right" outcome for the officers here.

... gets killed while retreating and presenting no current threat.

Maybe, I havent seen the video. Just read the report.
It's quite possible that in this case, both sides are in the wrong. I'm not going to pretend that I know the "right" outcome for the officers here.
Probably likely. But I'm not going to pretend like he was just some super dad of 10 just living his life and was executed for no reason.

Maybe, I havent seen the video. Just read the report.

Probably likely. But I'm not going to pretend like he was just some super dad of 10 just living his life and was executed for no reason.
We should neither pretend he was innocent, nor pretend that there was a good reason to shoot him.

We should neither pretend he was innocent, nor pretend that there was a good reason to shoot him.
Yes, we need to see the entire video. The fact, however, that they are suppressing it suggests their culpability. Just show the video. That's the reason they have the cams so we can see with our own eyes what happened. The suppression of it makes them look guilty. Obviously, the guy was illegally dealing drugs. But that doesn't mean you kill someone for that.

If what they say is true, that he was driving at officers then that is a good reason to shoot him. Now the fact they just wont release the video isn't a great look imo. But basing it off what has been released it seems justified. Now rolling up in a tank with 15 officers or whatever is also weird, but he has shown a history of violence so maybe they felt it was necessary. And he might have just proven them right.

Yes, we need to see the entire video. The fact, however, that they are suppressing it suggests their culpability. Just show the video. That's the reason they have the cams so we can see with our own eyes what happened. The suppression of it makes them look guilty. Obviously, the guy was illegally dealing drugs. But that doesn't mean you kill someone for that.
You do realize the judicial end executive are separate branches?

You do realize the judicial end executive are separate branches?
So, why isn't the state attorney-general who also called for its release being listened to? And why are you supporting this corruption by making such a comment? Don't you think people have a right to know the truth? How does concealing information help anyone but the culprits? Sames thing in the Louisiana case that has just come to light after two years. How can anyone support such corruption, cruelty, and inhumanity?