What's new

Ante Tomic and Croatia vs. USA B Team

Can anyone find how many shots Gasol block his last year or two for RM? Blocked shot stats seem quite low overseas and I'm curious.

Tomic looked noticeably stronger than last time I watched him and is going to have some monster games in the Fiba tournament. He is NBA ready imo.

He just moves around SO well for a guy who is a legit 7-2. He can move. Has an array of moves around the hoop. Offensively he is ready for the NBA.

One player from Croatia that was especially impressive was Jazz property Ante Tomic. The 7'2 center finished with 12 points on 4-6 shooting and added eight rebounds. He clearly had a developed post game and quality footwork, but it's a matter of getting stronger. It's not hard to picture his game translating to the NBA.

I'm not sure if he was 4-6, I thought he was 4-10 or something like this, but others too, are thinking he's NBA ready.

https://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/24176693

They have a replay of the whole game on ESPN3, and really the most notable plays of Tomic are in the first quarter.

Tomic has a great back to the basket game, but he's pretty weak on D. He also had a wide open five footer and missed that way short, showing his touch isn't THAT great.

-Craig

what I noticed during the game was that he was a decent/good passer of the basketball .. imagine Deron feeding the ball to him in the low post with wing players crossing through screens on the baseline for open lay ups.. Sweet!

Another awful game by Tomic against Brazil. His hook shot was off and Varejo was frustrating him with his flops as he fouled out in 12 minutes. The Gasol comparisons need to be put on hold until further notice.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!

Spittler >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nobody in their right mind would claim Tomic is better than Splitter. We are really probably talking about two years down the road for him coming over. If he can continue to improve and add some muscle he could be a huge addition. He had some good minutes out there as well. I still feel pretty good about him. IN the NBA you dont have as many floppers and he will get more fouls called on him.

Just like when Morris Almond was dropping all his dimes in the D-League! The two are almost compatible league wise!