What's new

Apparently the Jazz can shoot the 3 ball now

You uhh, you don't see how fewer games played and fewer possessions within games played equates to fewer 3PA, fewer turnovers, fewer everything? Really?

And you can't see how playing slower pace can lead to not taking advantage of our decent 3pt shooting?

And you can't see how playing slower pace can lead to not taking advantage of our decent 3pt shooting?

What the hell are you even going on about now? You do realize that a slower pace means fewer possessions for the other team too... right?

What the hell are you even going on about now? You do realize that a slower pace means fewer possessions for the other team too... right?

Uhh yeah, so? We are 5th in OPPG thanks to our pace. My point was that we aren't generating more points than teams who are shooting it more.

On a side note, Pace seems to have been increasing the last few games. Small sample size, though.

My point was that we aren't generating more points than teams who are shooting it more.

Offset by the fact that our opponents aren't shooting as many 3's either by virtue of the fact that they get fewer possessions when they play us. This is why total volume of 3's doesn't matter, and the % of possessions ending in 3's does.

Whether or not the Jazz should play faster is an entirely different argument, and given the fact that they don't have any decent PG's and are seriously lacking in good passers, which results in them being clumsy on the break, I'd say that would probably be a bad idea.