What's new

Game Thread Apr 24, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Wolves

Added to Calendar: 04-24-21

Yeah I was worried about that for a minute there. Good thing he saved that timeout. Obviously it made a bigger different than possibly overturning a scoring play in a tight game.
Ya there was a definite out of bounds play on the wolves that ended up being 2 points for them that should have been challenged.
And the offensive goaltend that wasn't called could have been challenged as well (though that one was harder to tell that it was the wrong call)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya there was a definite out of bounds play on the wolves that ended up being 2 points for them that should have been challenged.
And the offensive goaltend that wasn't called could have been challenged as well (though that one was harder to tell that it was the wrong call)

I don't think either one of those are challengeable, because there was no whistle on either of them.

Sad excuse for a professional basketball team tonight....actually sad for a group of professional men. Acted like whiny children for the majority of the game and got what they deserved.

No shot they could have beaten any NBA team with the way they were whining tonight.

Ironically the jazz record this year without Donovan is fantastic. Even better than our record with him.

Having said that, he was missed tonight for sure

Extremely small sample size. Comparing 7 games without vs 53 with. Also, our record percentage is not better without him.

Last edited:
We are 5-1 in games with Gobert and without Donovan. We also lost to the Timberwolves at home by the same margin with Donovan.

Yeah, we would not be a playoff team. That’s a cute small sample size though.

Losing games to both the **** wizards and timberwolves will cost the first seed for sure absolute weak mentally this team will be knocked out in 1st round

Idk if its a good or bad thing we play the same team again in a couple days. I think it will be a close game.

Perhaps Ryan should institute a policy where every time a player whines to an official after a play they put $1,000 into his scholarship fund. A lot of deserving kids would get to go to school and it would make the whining more bearable..

At the start of the 4th quarter I thought if Sloan were coaching the Jazz, the scrubs would have been on the floor. If they brought you back great, if not your starters were sent a message if you play like dog doodoo you get to sit next to coach. Unfortunately Quin rewards subpar play. You would think the new owner will not put up with this for long.

I don't think either one of those are challengeable, because there was no whistle on either of them.
You might be right.
Funny thing is that on the replay when it showed deangelo russell go out of bounds and come back in thurl was like "oh I see why that wasn't called, he wasn't touching the ball while out if bounds.". Umm, no thurl, that's not how it works. You can't be dribbling the ball, go out of bounds, and come back in and start dribbling again. Deangelo even stopped playing for a minute and acted disappointed cause he figured he just committed a turnover.

Perhaps Ryan should institute a policy where every time a player whines to an official after a play they put $1,000 into his scholarship fund. A lot of deserving kids would get to go to school and it would make the whining more bearable..
How about after our player bricks a key shot, a kid gets a scholie?

Extremely small sample size. Comparing 7 games without vs 53 with. Also, our record percentage is not better without him.
It is a better percentage without him. I agree that it's a small sample size though and we need him to win a championship.

I do think we might be a playoff team without him though. Hard to say. I know our record without him has a playoff team winning percentage.

You might be right.
Funny thing is that on the replay when it showed deangelo russell go out of bounds and come back in thurl was like "oh I see why that wasn't called, he wasn't touching the ball while out if bounds.". Umm, no thurl, that's not how it works. You can't be dribbling the ball, go out of bounds, and come back in and start dribbling again. Deangelo even stopped playing for a minute and acted disappointed cause he figured he just committed a turnover.

I actually think they got away with that twice. I'll have to review the footage

The important thing is quickly bouncing back. This is a tough league, the team we lost to has a terrible record because of injury but has two all star level talent players(remember a lot of people here wanted Russell?) and a promising young rookie. Losses are going to happen.