What's new

Are there any Kanter apologists left? What are they saying?

Your taking flack for hyperbole and false statements made. You are also using these pathetic tactics to pump up an Ex-Jazz player who whined his way out of town.

It sure is getting deep now folks.

Kanter wasnt a whiner. He was a wage slave trapped in a contract he was unvoluntary forced into in an anti-competitive market that only American modern corporatism politics would allow. He didn't choose to come here, he was forced. He didnt get a say in how the jazz (mis)used him, he didnt get to decide how massa Miller chose to develope him in the JAZZ best interest not KANTERS. They abused him like slave drivers are good at and tried to kick him to the curb. Luckily for Kanter he had a wise agent who knew how to use all tools available to get Kanter out from under Miller Corp's boot like Tesla is doing with its downtown dealership currently being blocked by Miller and his corporate cronyism.

Speaking of 3 point shooters. Kyle Korver is again leading the league in shooting. Just another All Star your boys who can do no wrong KOC and DL let walk for nothing. AJ, Sap, Korver, Matthews, Bell, Carroll and now Kanter.
You mean the Korver who admitted passing up shots to protect his record? Glad he's gone. A TEAM can't have a player thinking only of himself when they're fighting for a playoff spot. Selfish ******* with a capital A!

As for Big Al and Sap, they were let go to make room for Favors and your man crush, Enes. Should we have kept Big Al and let Enes get 10 mins/per last season? Millsap is very good, I'll admit. But just like Enes/Big Al/Gobert, he and Favors were both wanting to start. Jazz were never going to contend with Sap. When you rebuild you let veterans go.

Bell? Seriously? Jazz actually tried to keep him. He wanted to bolt for Phoenix and did so. No way could Utah have kept him. He wanted to go. Buh-bye!

Matthews, yes...a mistake in hindsight. His rookie year was decent, but not spectacular (look up his stats). Peg that one of Larry H., though. He wouldn't let KOC trade AK. AK's contract meant Utah would have paid $9M+ for Matthews (including the tax). DMC...I'll give you that one based on what Carroll BECAME by working with Quin in Atlanta. He wouldn't be the same player had he stayed in Utah.

Kanter wasnt a whiner. He was a wage slave trapped in a contract he was unvoluntary forced into in an anti-competitive market that only American modern corporatism politics would allow. He didn't choose to come here, he was forced. He didnt get a say in how the jazz (mis)used him, he didnt get to decide how massa Miller chose to develope him in the JAZZ best interest not KANTERS. They abused him like slave drivers are good at and tried to kick him to the curb. Luckily for Kanter he had a wise agent who knew how to use all tools available to get Kanter out from under Miller Corp's boot like Tesla is doing with its downtown dealership currently being blocked by Miller and his corporate cronyism.

So who kidnapped Kanter and forced him to come to the U.S.? Are there not Turkish basketball leagues? Could he not have played in Europe or China? You are so full of **** I know you are someone's alt. Congrats for being the worst alt ever. Even worse than fromRussia when he was around,

Exactly. Coaches make substitutions. But Kanter apologists were never willing to allow that with Snyder. He was HORRIBLE for taking Kanter out and not letting him finish. So by the same token, you have to criticize Brooks. And go back and look at the games Snyder did that...many times he would then put Kanter back in for offense if the clock was stopped. Brooks didn't do that.
I believe that's inaccurate. Kanter supporters like me never whined about him not closing games as a fault made by Snyder. I think it was an important part of the game he should be getting more experience in because he really had no experience in closing games left for him from the Tyrone Corbin era. But a coach not trusting Kanter is not too difficult to accept. Kanter usually does not play smart basketball.

But allow me throw this in: Kanter has clutch gene. His entire career fails and bad looks have been because of he was not ready for anything mentally and did not understand the game so he overthought things and didn't let the game come to him. But I have always seen really good effort from him when he busted his ***, got furious or it was crunch time.

The more I watch Kanter the more I think eventually he will sign elsewhere. He is destined to follow in the footsteps of Al and join like a Bucks or a Pistons after Monroe leaves.
That, I agree with. I don't see the firey attitude from Kanter anymore to try to get better. He looks like he is aware that his post-up game and mid-range is known enough now in the league and he will have a career out of it more or less.

Such a waste of talent if it is that way. I would be so sorry.

There's stupid and then there's offensively stupid. Yours is the latter.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Please don't bring slavery into this. Kanter, like many NBA players, is very lucky. Sure he is hard working and talented, but he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. To say he is a slave is beyond offensive

Did you know if you rearrange the letters in dumb bloke it spells Max Ergul? Well if you also change out a few letters it does.

It is those like this dumb bloke who have filled Kanter's head full of garbage. Good riddance. Especially if they're all that delusional.

Please don't bring slavery into this. Kanter, like many NBA players, is very lucky. Sure he is hard working and talented, but he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. To say he is a slave is beyond offensive

Get off your high horses. Wage slavery is a factual term sorry it offends your thin skins. Maybe if you read some periodicals you'd understand it.

Besides, whats the difference between a slave making millions or pennies? You do realize historically some classes of slaves have historically been treated and pampered better than 99% of the rest of society? Kanter is in that category.

Stop thinking your modern sensitivities erase history. NBA wage slaves are no different than Egyptian eunuchs. Or wait is there someone here of ancient Egyptian blood who is getting offended by that too?

Against my better judgment that tells me not to become involved:

Dumb Bloke's point is not completely misguided, but he does have at least one major problem that leads me to believe he's either a troll or too closely connected to Enes personally.

He's right that modern professional athletics (NBA probably more than MLB but less than NFL) is structurally more similar to slavery than almost any other profession. Unlike most jobs, once you're signed to a contract, you have no freedom of movement in any serious way. Your own will, at least until you're a full free-agent, becomes mostly irrelevant. You either work within the system, or don't, but you can't really hope to go elsewhere and still do a similar job. (And there are some other structural similarities that could be discussed as well). He's also right that if we think of only the American slavery system and cannot think of slavery in any way other than as a system of poverty, then we're partially missing the point. (Of course, it still stretches credulity to think that the NBA is a slave system in anything other than a metaphorical/only-partially similar structural way. Having a contract to earn millions and otherwise live a very good life can hardly be equated to any historical form of slavery.)

Dumb Bloke's major mistake is in personalizing the argument, making it seems as if Enes was uniquely trapped or as if the Millers/Jazz uniquely oppressed Enes (compared to other NBA teams). Nothing could be further from the truth. Enes's situation was no better or worse than any of the other 450 NBA players.

If Dumb Bloke wanted to start a discussion comparing professional athletics to slavery in the General Discussion forum, it would be completely valid. And arguments could be make on both sides of the issue. But to apply it solely to Enes and the Jazz in the Jazz forum makes no sense at all to me.

Kanter played his best game without Westbrook and Durant. Mainly because he played with Augustine playing point and passing the ball around getting everyone involved. Kanter needs to leave Okc and play on a team with a pass first point guard and then he will explode. Dumb Bloke says a lot of things I agree with concerning Kanter. As far as it not supposed to be in the Jazz forum,well I disagree considering the title of this thread started in the Jazz forum.

Hey idiot, once you sign a contract, ANYWHERE, you are bound by terms of that contract. What about signing a non-compete when you are in a management position at a company? Yep, our VP sure was a slave. She couldn't leave and go to a direct competitor. But I'm sure she was compensated quite a bit for that. And I was sure a slave when my final bonus was tied to fulfilling certain performance clauses and staying with the company until a certain date. How about that solar company that came out to offer their services? If I had signed a contract, I would have been "enslaved" by them, having to pay ONLY them for supplying electricity for 15 years. How about a contract with a cell phone company when you upgrade your phone? Yeah, I could have paid full-price for my IPhone 6. But I decided to sign a 2-yr contract instead. I gave up something ("enslaved" to Verizon for 2 years) but got something in return (a much cheaper price for the phone).

This "slave" thing is so hilarious. Players aren't torn from their families, chained and brought over to the US in the holds of a ship and sold in a marketplace. They aren't forced to labor and whipped if they don't. Players VOLUNTARILY sign contracts. In exchange for agreeing to play basketball for their "horrible" owner, they are paid 10x or more (even as a rookie) over what they could make in another profession. Oh yeah, for most that money is GUARANTEED for the life of the contract. And if they don't want to play in the NBA? They can negotiate a contract with any number of other leagues. Or, they don't HAVE to play basketball. At any time, Mr. Joe NBA can quit and become an accountant, salesperson, entrepreneur or garbage collector. He could stay in college for 4 years or quit to become a burger flipper or join the armed forces. If he's still under contract he can still quit basketball. No one is going to come after him, put him in chains, drag him back and force him to play for his "slave" owner. He won't get that GUARANTEED money, but he can go do anything else.

If Dumb Bloke wanted to start a discussion comparing professional athletics to slavery in the General Discussion forum, it would be completely valid.

No, it would not. It would be totally, 100% invalid.

And arguments could be make on both sides of the issue.

Not at all. The comparison is so dumb that it's hard to fathom anyone would make it. I get that the civilized world is 150 or whatever years removed from slavery, but enough should be known that these two situations are not in the remotest bit comparable at all.

Hey idiot, once you sign a contract, ANYWHERE, you are bound by terms of that contract. What about signing a non-compete when you are in a management position at a company? Yep, our VP sure was a slave. She couldn't leave and go to a direct competitor. But I'm sure she was compensated quite a bit for that. And I was sure a slave when my final bonus was tied to fulfilling certain performance clauses and staying with the company until a certain date. How about that solar company that came out to offer their services? If I had signed a contract, I would have been "enslaved" by them, having to pay ONLY them for supplying electricity for 15 years. How about a contract with a cell phone company when you upgrade your phone? Yeah, I could have paid full-price for my IPhone 6. But I decided to sign a 2-yr contract instead. I gave up something ("enslaved" to Verizon for 2 years) but got something in return (a much cheaper price for the phone).

This "slave" thing is so hilarious. Players aren't torn from their families, chained and brought over to the US in the holds of a ship and sold in a marketplace. They aren't forced to labor and whipped if they don't. Players VOLUNTARILY sign contracts. In exchange for agreeing to play basketball for their "horrible" owner, they are paid 10x or more (even as a rookie) over what they could make in another profession. Oh yeah, for most that money is GUARANTEED for the life of the contract. And if they don't want to play in the NBA? They can negotiate a contract with any number of other leagues. Or, they don't HAVE to play basketball. At any time, Mr. Joe NBA can quit and become an accountant, salesperson, entrepreneur or garbage collector. He could stay in college for 4 years or quit to become a burger flipper or join the armed forces. If he's still under contract he can still quit basketball. No one is going to come after him, put him in chains, drag him back and force him to play for his "slave" owner. He won't get that GUARANTEED money, but he can go do anything else.

tldr