What's new

Are there any Kanter apologists left? What are they saying?

I'm happy to say I'll miss what I think Kanter could have provided and that is being a very good 3rd big. I just don't think we could have afforded it. Despite his atrocious D he would have been one of the better PF/C off the bench guys in the league especially as his D was getting better nearer the trade. I really think Kanter knew that he was indefinitely behind Favors and Gobert but also believed himself a starter. From the perspective of options, getting a trade to happen before he hits FA just gives him more options. I would have liked a little more loyalty but don't really fault the guy much. Hope he has great career but signs elsewhere, maybe in the East, this summer so we don't have a Division contender getting a bump. Booker fits our chemistry a little better for now anyway, but we may even be able to upgrade over him this summer or next.

I've noticed a decrease in posts coming from Turkish posters. Some have probably gone to root for OKC. Sad. I'm Spanish but I'll smile every time Gobert sends Gasol crying back to the locker room, and will never root for the Grizzlies or say the Bulls just because they have a good Spanish player. Just my 2 cents on this issue.

Lots of Turkish posters went missing before the kanter trade. Ectya was missing, Tark was talking about deactivation, Jazzyapma and Illyasova were posting rarely but I haven't seen them posting at all latety, Berkkobe still blesses us with his posts. I try to hang but my laptop got stolen so I haven't been able to watch games. Addie is still around though.

Lots of Turkish posters went missing before the kanter trade. Ectya was missing, Tark was talking about deactivation, Jazzyapma and Illyasova were posting rarely but I haven't seen them posting at all latety, Berkkobe still blesses us with his posts. I try to hang but my laptop got stolen so I haven't been able to watch games. Addie is still around though.

Yeah, the good ones have stayed for the most part.

I agree, I was all for trading Kanter but thought the Jazz should have gotten more in return. I also feel they should have gotten a better deal on their 2nd round draft pick last year too in a deep draft when they traded the 35th overall pick for most likely a later pick in 2016 in a draft that most likely won't be as deep. I also think they should have got more in the Golden State deal for taking all their trash for 24 million. So far we got a 23rd pick in the 2014 draft from them so I guess it all hinges on what draft pick we get from them in 2017. I thought they should have at very least got Harrison Barnes in the deal to go with what they got. The reason Golden State is so good today is because of the Jazz. When you help someone out like that it devalues the draft pick but luckily they might get worse come the 2016-2017 season. On the other hand I think Lindesy has done well in the draft and made an excellent move to get Gobert. I personally think Exum was a good choice when the Jazz drafted him and I think he will be a good player after he gets more experience and bulks up a little.

^wow, this bozo thinks his notion of value is better than a real-life GM's.

Given the situation, the jazz got full value for Kanter. Claiming otherwise is an exercise in hearing yourself speak, and nothing more.

Well, Portland was just struggling that night and didn't have Afflalo. San Antonio is still a "work in progress". Denver Just had to fire their coach, so they are obviously a mess. Milwakee is still getting used to their new players, and Grizzlies were missing "key personnel". Jazz lost to the lakers for heavens sake, so obviously they are missing Kanter and much worse off.

read the OP.

<end of instructions>

Still haven't found even a fragment of a sense of humor yet eh?

I know, I know... I'm not funny and you reserve laughing for when something is funny or after you die, whichever comes first.

I don't promise to keep my lame jokes to myself though OP. It's cool, I'm moving on. Carry on your quest for Kanter Apologists.

Still haven't found even a fragment of a sense of humor yet eh?

I know, I know... I'm not funny and you reserve laughing for when something is funny or after you die, whichever comes first.

I don't promise to keep my lame jokes to myself though OP. It's cool, I'm moving on. Carry on your quest for Kanter Apologists.

total honesty: your post wasn't funny at all.

Well, Portland was just struggling that night and didn't have Afflalo. San Antonio is still a "work in progress". Denver Just had to fire their coach, so they are obviously a mess. Milwakee is still getting used to their new players, and Grizzlies were missing "key personnel". Jazz lost to the lakers for heavens sake, so obviously they are missing Kanter and much worse off.

Milwaukee is ****ed from that trade. They forced Middleton into a role he can't really play (being a #1 option) and have mucked up spacing by replacing Knight with MCW. They still have no big men either so it's not like they can dominate down low like we can. It's funny cuz I told all the posters on the Bucks RealGM that the trade was horrible and they all said I was dumb. Their team looks awful and today I went into their game thread and simply posted "That trade for MCW...." and I got banned. Lol they are so butt-hurt.

Milwaukee is ****ed from that trade. They forced Middleton into a role he can't really play (being a #1 option) and have mucked up spacing by replacing Knight with MCW. They still have no big men either so it's not like they can dominate down low like we can. It's funny cuz I told all the posters on the Bucks RealGM that the trade was horrible and they all said I was dumb. Their team looks awful and today I went into their game thread and simply posted "That trade for MCW...." and I got banned. Lol they are so butt-hurt.

lmao. you da best cy

Yeah, that trade made no sense for me, unless they knew they couldn't keep knight around (or don't want to pay him), so they got someone that will be cheaper for the next few years. Maybe they are afraid they will make the playoffs and would rather end up with the 9-10 pick this year? MWC is better than I expected him to be early, but he is no Brandon Knight. They did get Ennis though, who I would probably take over MCW long term.

One thing about MCW though, is he kinda reminds me of Michael Jordan. Michael B Jordan that is. Maybe the Bucks GM thought the same thing and got confused.

Yeah, that trade made no sense for me, unless they knew they couldn't keep knight around (or don't want to pay him), so they got someone that will be cheaper for the next few years. Maybe they are afraid they will make the playoffs and would rather end up with the 9-10 pick this year? MWC is better than I expected him to be early, but he is no Brandon Knight. They did get Ennis though, who I would probably take over MCW long term.

I got the trading Knight part. I just don't get the trading away a potential lottery pick for MCW part.

OKC 4-2 since the deadline,

jazz 5-1 (should probably be 6-0), with the league's second best differential

I think it may go down as a "good for both" deal, as rare as those are.

OKC 4-2 since the deadline,

jazz 5-1 (should probably be 6-0), with the league's second best differential

I think it may go down as a "good for both" deal, as rare as those are.

Difference is that Jazz have played playoff teams and OKC has played bad teams.

Difference is that Jazz have played playoff teams and OKC has played bad teams.

fwiw, since the deadline, OKC played 3 playoff teams (char, suns, blazers) and 2 of their losses came at their hands (suns, blazers).

fwiw, since the deadline, OKC played 3 playoff teams (char, suns, blazers) and 2 of their losses came at their hands (suns, blazers).

Suns aren't technically a playoff team.

And Charlotte is technically a playoff team, but c'mon now.

So in reality thy have played 2 playoff teams (Suns and Blazers). Oh and the Suns traded away their best player, Goran Dragic.

Suns aren't technically a playoff team.

And Charlotte is technically a playoff team, but c'mon now.

So in reality thy have played 2 playoff teams (Suns and Blazers). Oh and the Suns traded away their best player, Goran Dragic.

yep, very true. I am looking forward to the jazz - okc game. hopefully durant is in action