What's new

At Least the JVs Won

Jazz had Justin Patton in for their FA mini camp. I had hopes of jazz signing him. I thought he could have played alongside or as a backup to Rudy.

Not that Quin would've ever played him.

Justin Patton was one of my favorites in that draft. Too bad his feet kept breaking, thought he could have been like a KAT (very very) Lite.

His foot has been healthy for what? A year now? But 3 foot surgies in 2.5 years is concerning.

Okc gave him a 3-year deal worth 1.6 per, probably too high for the Jazz.

His foot has been healthy for what? A year now? But 3 foot surgies in 2.5 years is concerning.

Okc gave him a 3-year deal worth 1.6 per, probably too high for the Jazz.

This year is partially guaranteed, next two years nonguaranteed.

Stars win by 12 vs NAZ Suns by outscoring them by 12 in the 4th. Bluiett, NWG and Brantley leading scorers, Brantley the leading rebounder and NWG leading assister. JWF played a solid floor game. William Howard was +25 for the night on 3 points, 3 rebounds and a block. Did some nice things coaches notice. Oni was not there and not dressed with the Jazz tonight.

A couple of fun facts from tonight. William Howard is leading the GLeague in 3 pt shooting percentage. This was the Stars 11th straight win giving them the 3rd best record in the league and they play at Wisconsin in three days who is one of the teams with a better record and their general manager is Steve Brandes who was the GM of the Idaho Stampede who the Jazz canned when they moved the team to Utah. Dragan Bender plays some for them and was the fourth player taken in the draft a couple of years ago by Phoenix.

The Jazz could use another guy off the bench who can score off the dribble. Trevon Bluiett has some of that ability. He's averaging 14 pts off the bench for the Stars and shooting 41% from 3pt. He's big enough at 6'6" to play the 2-guard and is at least adequately athletic. At this stage, he's a better shooter and scorer off the bounce than Miye Oni is.

He strikes me as a smart basketball player. Does a lot of things well. Close to a 90% foul shooter. Was a two way player for the Pels last year.

I like how Goss tends to find the open man; he's much improved since we saw him in Summer League right after being drafted. He needs to start hitting the three like he did in Europe; if he does I expect him to be on an NBA roster next season.