What's new

Basketball pet peeves

Going 2 for 1 with 26secs left on the clock. What it actually is 1 bad/hurried shot for 1 opposition shot.

Cylinder rule is *****. Everything after basket hit the rim should be legal.

Restricted area. If it's a charge, it should be a charge everywhere. It has come to a point where even verticality doesn't matter. if the guy is in restricted area, it's a foul.
Those are good ones.
I really wish they would abandon the cylinder rule

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Players complaining to refs after they think they got fouled and not getting back on defense

Refs being super selective on when they want to call travel, palming the basketball

Kane Fitzgerald
Or when the guy obvious fouls the shot out of another guy and when he gets called he makes the face my 4 year old does when I tell her she has to clean her room.

Refs calling stuff differently for star players. A foul is a foul. Biased garbage drives me crazy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
No, what’s worse is the rationalization, and people saying things like, “he hasn’t earned that call yet.”

Did he get fouled? Yes? He earned the call.

Gotta give niang some credit here. He's been a spark plug off the bench tonight.

The Denver announcers are the most irritating homer announcers I've heard. They take any opportunity to take a shot at the jazz, making fun, lots of passive aggressive comments. Just another reason to hate the nuggets. Dude said "and clarkson with the drive. You know he's going to shoot because he gets a rash any time he passes" and the very next play clarkson has a drive and kick for a 3. What a couple douche bags.

I picture QS coaching on passing...

"The hell are you doing? You don't throw crisp sharp passes. I won't stand for that show-boating. Lob it in the, soft and easy. Yes like that. Imagine you're throwing it to your grandma. Better!"

That’s one I forgot to mention. Eventually someone will crunch some numbers on that, if they haven’t already.
They have. Pretty sure I heard Hollinger talk about it, although it could have been another stats guy. Verdict was that the two for one is extremely powerful and should always be used if time is even close to allowing.