What's new

Being Fesenko's all-time #1 fan has its perks

True story, I've adopted the haircut because it helps me blend in while I'm Ukraine.

It's the traditional haircut of the region, and Russians identify native Ukrainians through a derogatory term, "khokhol" that refers to the haircut.

So I guess I must ask you: how does it feel to know you've adopted the insult of imperialist bigots? ;)

I can't believe you'd disrespect Big Fes like that after everything he's done for you.
I had no idea igner was from Ukraine. Huh.

1677590564009.png

The latin root is "partem" for "a part, a piece, a division" which was then incorporated into the french "appartement" and the italian "appartamento" to signify that common walls divide a larger space into several smaller ones.

The common walls, while shared, define the separation of our living spaces. Staring at opposite sides of the same walls, thinking they are ours, ignorant of the parallel illusion of ownership on the other side. Truly the things that keep us apart are what ultimately comprise our shared experience of the world. Our physical divisions are the ties that bind.

Very profound. Thank you for asking.

I might disagree. . . if our physical divisions truly are the ties that bind, what does that say about the potential for thriving in a shared community? Even though the argument can be made for thin plaster divisions, what about the benefits of a border-free utopia where all is freely given and boundaries are left to the world dividing conquerors of the past? That may sound communistic, but I still believe the concept has merit. (Or maybe I just wish I didn't miss the free love of the 60's)