What's new

Being Fesenko's all-time #1 fan has its perks

sirkickyass

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
I caught up with the big guy himself this morning from his temporary home in Warsaw Poland. We talked all things Ukraine war, his most recent stint in Iran, and how his arms are so long they are like built-in selfie sticks.

AMA

1677525868218.png

He was drafted in the same draft that Mike Conley and Uncle Jeff were drafted. Time for DA to get the band back together.

He's effectively retiring. He played his last season in Iran but refuses to go back after the Iranian government sold drones to the Russians that were used in the winter attacks on electrical infrastructure.

I remember reading a Trib article about Larsen's interview with at the beginning of the war last year. I know healing can't really happen while your homeland is still at war, but I hope he is getting by. Did he mention if there is anything he wants to engage in now that he's effectively retired?

I caught up with the big guy himself this morning from his temporary home in Warsaw Poland. We talked all things Ukraine war, his most recent stint in Iran, and how his arms are so long they are like built-in selfie sticks.

AMA

View attachment 13933
I knew I had seen that haircut before:

75257b7e40d1157e524f303f2f657ad4.png

Wait, ask you ANYTHING?!

Why are they called apartments if they are all stuck together?
The latin root is "partem" for "a part, a piece, a division" which was then incorporated into the french "appartement" and the italian "appartamento" to signify that common walls divide a larger space into several smaller ones.

The common walls, while shared, define the separation of our living spaces. Staring at opposite sides of the same walls, thinking they are ours, ignorant of the parallel illusion of ownership on the other side. Truly the things that keep us apart are what ultimately comprise our shared experience of the world. Our physical divisions are the ties that bind.

Very profound. Thank you for asking.

I knew I had seen that haircut before:

75257b7e40d1157e524f303f2f657ad4.png
True story, I've adopted the haircut because it helps me blend in while I'm Ukraine.

It's the traditional haircut of the region, and Russians identify native Ukrainians through a derogatory term, "khokhol" that refers to the haircut.

So I guess I must ask you: how does it feel to know you've adopted the insult of imperialist bigots? ;)

I can't believe you'd disrespect Big Fes like that after everything he's done for you.

True story, I've adopted the haircut because it helps me blend in while I'm Ukraine.

It's the traditional haircut of the region, and Russians identify native Ukrainians through a derogatory term, "khokhol" that refers to the haircut.

So I guess I must ask you: how does it feel to know you've adopted the insult of imperialist bigots? ;)

I can't believe you'd disrespect Big Fes like that after everything he's done for you.
My heart is with Ukraine but I can't support the haircut :D , traditional or not. Just can't.

btw, what are you doing in Ukraine? voluntary work? Are you in Kiev?

Did you ask Fes about "jackpot around"?

My heart is with Ukraine but I can't support the haircut :D , traditional or not. Just can't.

btw, what are you doing in Ukraine? voluntary work? Are you in Kiev?

Did you ask Fes about "jackpot around"?

Here's an example of the charity work related to the Ukraine war I've been doing. I spent two and a half weeks in the country meeting with our partners who do humanitarian aid work throughout the entire country.