What's new

Best Hamburger

Also the legendary Garlic Burger in Cottonwood. Its at that bar right next to The Tuscany restaurant.

I've always meant to go there and try it but never have.

They have salt city in teh Bay Area or you've been to the one in Sandy.

I love all the toppings you can have them put on your burger and the condiment bar is BAWSE.

*shakes fist*

Do you know what I'm talking about though? They serve frozen custard and it starts with an S I think. I wanna say its something close to "Scootsy's" lol

The place I was thinking about in STG is Freddy's.

"Samsonite! I was way off."

Brand X in Springville was the best burger I ever had. It shut down after the owner died and his wife hung it up. He used to put some mix of seasonings on the burger and fries that was just amazing. There was even an article on the Dnews discussing the place. I'm going to attempt to duplicate the burger... I'm going to buy some kosher salt and see how close I can get to the seasoning....

I think JCW's is one of the best places around. I'm not a fan of in-n-out. However, I go there decently often because its one of the few places in happy valley that stays open and makes shakes past 10pm.

I came here thinking: Who's the best person living in Hamburg? Once here I realized: It's only fastfood...

Hires Big H is another favorite. There fry sauce is on the burgers and their fries and root beer are bomb.

Also the legendary Garlic Burger in Cottonwood. Its at that bar right next to The Tuscany restaurant.

Good to know. I haven't been to Hires in years. I know of 2. One is open in Draper. The other is open just down a few miles west of Rice-Ecceles. It's in the same parking lot of litzas Pizza. The same location frequented by the great Larry H Miller. I remember seeing him eat with Gale the night we lost to Miami. It was that regular season game in 04? When Ak47 clearly blocked D-Wade's game winner but the refs gave the game away with a foul call. I've been pissed after losses but I don't think I've ever been as pissed as Larry H seemed. I don't think he or Gail said anything the entire meal.

I think Smash is overrated and I think 5guys is substantially better than most anything around these parts.
In 'n Out = overrated.
Agree. I have no idea why In 'n Out is so popular. Basic burgers, non-distinct fries and "pretty vanilla" shakes. Meh.
My favorite place is Hamburger Habit - not sure if they have any of those in Utah.

Good to know. I haven't been to Hires in years. I know of 2. One is open in Draper. The other is open just down a few miles west of Rice-Ecceles. It's in the same parking lot of litzas Pizza. The same location frequented by the great Larry H Miller. I remember seeing him eat with Gale the night we lost to Miami. It was that regular season game in 04? When Ak47 clearly blocked D-Wade's game winner but the refs gave the game away with a foul call. I've been pissed after losses but I don't think I've ever been as pissed as Larry H seemed. I don't think he or Gail said anything the entire meal.

There is a hires in the kearns/taylorsville area that is still open I think.
4700 south and like 2700 west or something

- They just opened up a 5guys in Edmonton-- it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.

- I had In-N-Out burger for the first time last year. Much better than McDonalds, Wendys, etc-- but not the best burger I've ever had @ a chain.

- I've admittedly never had Carls Jr. We drove past on when we were in Kelowna two years ago, and didn't have time to stop by. Too bad. I plan on checking it out though

- Here in Edmonton we have a chain called Rodeo Burger. AMAZING burgers. They take 1st prize in edmonton every year-- I still don't think theyre the best fast-food burger I've had though. Ill leave that title to this canadian chain:

home_mnemonic_flash.png

Harveys.jpg

Harveys_GreatCanadian.jpg

971629_623172787695878_1346271077_n.jpg

For you bacon lovers:
harvey-deals.png

Stomach is shaking just looking at these pictures. Yummmm.

I'm not a fan of their shakes. It's like getting a half gallon of Icecream. I like softer quality stuff rather than a huge quantity of rock hard Icecream.
I don't consider them shakes, either. More like getting a sundae in a cup.

I actually miss the "drinkable" shakes McDonald's used to have. Now they've gone to the fancier, thicker kind and I don't get them anymore.

Tommy's Burger, Provo - How did the world hide this from me for 29 years? Worth driving 75 miles for. Don't go or you'll join the Cult of Tommy's.

Brand X, Springville - why did you have to close? Why?

Winger's - bacon n swiss with dat original sauce is tasty.

Iggy's - black n bleau

Red Robin - yuck! do they ever have fresh buns?

Jack in the Box - best cheap burger on the planet. Burger needs spice, none of this bland Fuddrucker stuff. Plenty of pepper; order with extra secret sauce.

McDonald's - McDouble. 2nd best cheap burger on the planet. 800 calories for $2.00.

There is a hires in the kearns/taylorsville area that is still open I think.
4700 south and like 2700 west or something

I used to love the A&W stands. Nothing better than a Teen Burger and a large RB Float in an iced, glass mug. In my travels I've only seen a couple of those around - one in Nevada and one in Northern CA.

Recently went to an In N Out for the first time. I must admit, the legend has been so built up, that when I tasted the burger, I was a little "meh". However, when reflecting on the price and the fact that it still was a pretty good burger, I've come to the conclusion that it's probably the best bang for your buck. Can you get a better tasting burger? Absolutely, but good luck doing it without spending double the price.

Up north we have Burger Bar in Roy. Home of the "Big Ben". It's ok, but they also have a Bison version of the Big Ben. Very good flavor.

In and Out sucks. My last choice for a fast food burger. I don't get the obsession people have with it.

Love Five Guys.

Smash Burger is good.

I loved Fudruckers down in Orem, but they closed a few years ago.

Crown Burger is decent.

Red Robin used to be a pretty good restaurant burger, but it has since been ruined for me. Thanks UGLI.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using JazzFanz mobile app

Seriously. Y'all need to find a burger chain that can rival Harvey's. Look at that Canadian bacon bacon burger, and tell me your pork-eating tummies aint secreting HCl

- They just opened up a 5guys in Edmonton-- it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.

- I had In-N-Out burger for the first time last year. Much better than McDonalds, Wendys, etc-- but not the best burger I've ever had @ a chain.

- I've admittedly never had Carls Jr. We drove past on when we were in Kelowna two years ago, and didn't have time to stop by. Too bad. I plan on checking it out though

- Here in Edmonton we have a chain called Rodeo Burger. AMAZING burgers. They take 1st prize in edmonton every year-- I still don't think theyre the best fast-food burger I've had though. Ill leave that title to this canadian chain:

home_mnemonic_flash.png

Harveys.jpg

Harveys_GreatCanadian.jpg

971629_623172787695878_1346271077_n.jpg

For you bacon lovers:
harvey-deals.png

Stomach is shaking just looking at these pictures. Yummmm.

You couldn't pay me to eat a Canadian burger.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using JazzFanz mobile app