What's new

Best Hamburger

All this fuss and it's probably something stupid like Lowry's mixed with a little garlic salt.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned a recipe that includes mixing an egg, bread crumbs, and evaporated milk into the meat prior to forming the patties.
Juicy and tasty.

I don't make them that way every time.. but i do quite often. I anyone wants to give it a try I'll post my recipe.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned a recipe that includes mixing an egg, bread crumbs, and evaporated milk into the meat prior to forming the patties.
Juicy and tasty.

I don't make them that way every time.. but i do quite often. I anyone wants to give it a try I'll post my recipe.

Sounds more like a meatloaf recipe.

Sounds more like a meatloaf recipe.

True.. and it also tastes like a meatloaf/meatball/hamburger hybrid... but most people really like it. I'm not suggesting it's a superior burger, just different from the norm and tasty.

Next time you're down to Mission Beach, this place is a must. You can park at Belmont Park for free and walk over.

Creative name ya.

sliders.jpg

del taco green sauce is awesome. I always order extra to throw in the refrigerator.

Brilliant. Can I get extra green sauce on the side? 32 oz's please.

Is that tin roof covered alley called a bar still in business? Always thought the city put it there to keep the bums from sleeping between those two shops.

Really, no other mention of Lucky 13? Y'all need to go to a Bee's game, grab a burger and then kindly rep the hell out of me.

Will try and report back right after I figure out what a Bee is game is. Where is L13?

-Thick cut applewood smoked bacon. (Get this from the butcher at the grocery store)

Your butcher smokes bacon? Bless that angel.

No way, if their beef causes this many problems I don't want to think what they are doing with salmonella-laced fowl. Yurk.

Chickens don't have salmonella anymore, grandma. You can get it from eating snake though so you might want to reconsider your night job.

I've never had a burger come close to it. He did something with the seasonings... I don't know what! Kosher salt? Onion salt?

Back then I always thought it had something to do with seasoning the grill -- the fried onions or something. Most unique burger I've ever had.

Chickens don't have salmonella anymore, grandma. You can get it from eating snake though so you might want to reconsider your night job.

In 2009, FDA tests showed that 21 percent of the chicken breasts it sampled from grocery stores were contaminated with salmonella.

Since you didn't provide a link, neither did I. But at least I provided a quote.

Not a single mention for Culver's yet? They came to Utah a couple of years ago by way Wisconsin. They use Wisconsin cheese on their Butterburgers. It's pretty good stuff.

I also really like In N Out. I love their fries, and it's overall a good value for what you get.

Smashburger is great as well. I love the seasoning they use on their burgers.

I think Five Guys is the one that is overrated. Haven't been too impressed the couple of times I've tried them out.

Not a single mention for Culver's yet? They came to Utah a couple of years ago by way Wisconsin. They use Wisconsin cheese on their Butterburgers. It's pretty good stuff.

I also really like In N Out. I love their fries, and it's overall a good value for what you get.

Smashburger is great as well. I love the seasoning they use on their burgers.

I think Five Guys is the one that is overrated. Haven't been too impressed the couple of times I've tried them out.

I do like culvers

A dinky, slow, and slightly dingy place in Ogden. called -> Best burger. The place is filled with smoke from their fire grills (they must need a new exhaust vent or something) the Asian couple that run it are there 7 days a week and are kind of hard to understand, and it takes 15 mins to get your burger. But it's actually really good. super simple, just great smoky flavor. I get the best burg - (baco-swiss-sauted mushrooms). I like it, and only like 5 bucks-ish for a combo.

Since you didn't provide a link, neither did I. But at least I provided a quote.

I'll be damned...

The spike from 10 to 20% confirms in my marbles carrier what I've suspected about free range organic three times the cost chicken: they all have Salmonella. Another example of how the go natural crowd is trying their hardest to mass suicide.

Culvers has great shakes, but the burgers are just good, not great imo. They are too thin, for one thing, which tends to overcook a burger. But the taste is very good.

-Fuddruckers in Sandy is a joke

-5 Guys in Sandy is dreadful if you get the fried onions on it...otherwise almost acceptable...other locations have been better though

-Red Robbin in South Jordan is pretty good but the Murray location is a nightmare

-I actually really like the burgers at Texas Roadhouse in Riverton and Sandy, but not Taylorsville

-In and out is good for a fast food burger but not compared to most pricier locations

-Crown Burger/Astro Burger/Apollo Burger are slightly better than In and Out

-Honestly the best burgers usually come from steakhouses or sometimes sports bar/grills

Do some of you not have grease limits? Because I actually do like most of the burgers listed here that I've tried....but at the sametime.....I'm thinking......I'd pass on about 1/2 of them out of hand just on account of not feeling gross 10 minutes after eating.

Do some of you not have grease limits? Because I actually do like most of the burgers listed here that I've tried....but at the sametime.....I'm thinking......I'd pass on about 1/2 of them out of hand just on account of not feeling gross 10 minutes after eating.

Total Gluttons........ for punishment

I buy my TP at Costco. I'm set, bro.