What's new

Best Places to Eat in Utah Thread

Dude there's not a whole lot I miss more than KBBQ back in korea, I really want to go back. I will in the next couple years I"m sure. As far as korean restaurants go, I'd prefer more people learned to enjoy the food, and went often, which would in turn hopefully bring more diversity and quality to the korean restaurants in the area.

Training Table Hickory Burger FTW. Also, Bacon and Cheese omelets from Sharon's in Holladay are outstanding.

Ate fuddruckers tonight, The quality of the meat impressed me, and it had a great bun. The rest, was just eh... whatever.

I have not posted here in a long time but decided to post and had to resign up because I think there is a lot of stuff left that could be added.

Burgers: In and Out (From california and so I might be a little biased but its better and cheaper than smash, 5guys, tony burger, and all the new start ups that raced here as soon as they got word in and out was coming)
Hires Big H (2nd best burger joint in utah and I think has the same owners as litzas?)

sushi: takashi (lots of sushi places exploded everywhere it seemed but takashi is still #1)

Indian: bombay house (number #1 indian in utah)
curry in a hurry (good for on the go indian.)

BBQ: Pats (great ribs and great all around bbq)
sugar house bbq (great ribs as well and amazing sides and dessert)

japenese: koko kitchen (all home made and amazing)

sandwiches: There always tons of places to choose from on this subject but here are the best three I can think of.
Moochies meat balls and more (best philly ever)
cutlers (in davis county more of a cold cut joint plus has good cookies)
legers deli (cheap cheap for what you get and its really good)

Pizza: The pie (hands down)
Este pizza
Litzas pizza

thai: sawadee
thai siam

Italian: I can never find a really good authentic italian food place in utah, but american italian spagetti factory is good.

Mexican: there are so many mexican restaurants in utah I have gotten sick of beans, cheese and rice. So a little biased on this one as well.

Not really in a category but nelsons frozen custard is the best frozen treat you will ever have, unless you go to italy and get gelato...

I will post more as I think of stuff but I think this is a good start :)

Nailed it. I'd also add Mazza on 9th and 9th and Eva (go late for the happy hour) on Main Street

Isn't there one in down town Provo?

Sadly there was only one, in downtown Provo, and last time I checked it closed down. I would love to be wrong on this, but I don't think I am.

Also, The Philadelphian in Sandy is the best place for Philly Cheese Steaks. Great price too.

Dude there's not a whole lot I miss more than KBBQ back in korea, I really want to go back. I will in the next couple years I"m sure. As far as korean restaurants go, I'd prefer more people learned to enjoy the food, and went often, which would in turn hopefully bring more diversity and quality to the korean restaurants in the area.

Admittedly, I know almost nothing about Korea or their food, but I know there's a restaurant in by the Fresh Market (used to be Albertson's) in the Fort Union area. I know this only because I worked on it. Don't know a lot about what they serve, but the owners are native Korean. It's called "It's Tofu Grill" or something very close to that. He fed me one day while I was there. No idea what it was, but it wasn't bad (except for the Tofu).

Garlic burger - Copper Creek Pub

I 100% disagree. If you want the best Garlic Burger you go to The Cotton Bottom in Holladay (2820 E 6200 S). Sooo good, if you don't mind eating in a biker bar.

I haven't been back to SLC in 2 years so there may be some better options there now. Here are the places I always want to go when I come home:

Hires
Lambs Grill Cafe (169 S Main)
Cafe Rio
Spencers for Steak's and Chops
Market Street

I eat at the Kimchi House in Layton.

Ate at the one in Provo when a friend went to BYU. That one was more "authentic." Not a huge fan of most Korean food anyway since I don't like spicy food and kimchi is a horrific introduction to the edible world, but I do like a good portion of the non spicy stuff.

I 100% disagree. If you want the best Garlic Burger you go to The Cotton Bottom in Holladay (2820 E 6200 S). Sooo good, if you don't mind eating in a biker bar.

Have you had the garlic burger at Copper Creek? If not, how can you disagree?

I've eaten at both places and it is not even close. Copper Creek kicks the Cotton Bottom's butt.

Also Porcupine Pub and Grill is amazing. I love everything on the menu. But the nachos and burrito are always good choices. As well as their wild mushroom soup. Its at the bottom of Big Cottonwood Caynon.

I have not posted here in a long time but decided to post and had to resign up because I think there is a lot of stuff left that could be added.

Burgers: In and Out (From california and so I might be a little biased but its better and cheaper than smash, 5guys, tony burger, and all the new start ups that raced here as soon as they got word in and out was coming)
Hires Big H (2nd best burger joint in utah and I think has the same owners as litzas?)

sushi: takashi (lots of sushi places exploded everywhere it seemed but takashi is still #1)

Indian: bombay house (number #1 indian in utah)
curry in a hurry (good for on the go indian.)

BBQ: Pats (great ribs and great all around bbq)
sugar house bbq (great ribs as well and amazing sides and dessert)

japenese: koko kitchen (all home made and amazing)

sandwiches: There always tons of places to choose from on this subject but here are the best three I can think of.
Moochies meat balls and more (best philly ever)
cutlers (in davis county more of a cold cut joint plus has good cookies)
legers deli (cheap cheap for what you get and its really good)

Pizza: The pie (hands down)
Este pizza
Litzas pizza

thai: sawadee
thai siam

Italian: I can never find a really good authentic italian food place in utah, but american italian spagetti factory is good.

Mexican: there are so many mexican restaurants in utah I have gotten sick of beans, cheese and rice. So a little biased on this one as well.

Not really in a category but nelsons frozen custard is the best frozen treat you will ever have, unless you go to italy and get gelato...

I will post more as I think of stuff but I think this is a good start :)

Ill have to add a few places I forgot but I saw them on the list already

Middle eastern: mazza (amazing)

Seafood: all the market streets around the salt lake valley the clam chowder and king crab legs are seriously the best of the best on seafood but its really expensive watch out for that...

I eat at the Kimchi House in Layton.

Ate at the one in Provo when a friend went to BYU. That one was more "authentic." Not a huge fan of most Korean food anyway since I don't like spicy food and kimchi is a horrific introduction to the edible world, but I do like a good portion of the non spicy stuff.

Was it the one on University Ave.? and when did you go?