What's new

Best shows on TV?

Just finished season one of The Boys. I loved it. Jack Quaid is like a less dorky Colin Hanks but can act. The dude from Banshee who plays Homelander actually has some really impressive chops. A tortured soul. Like that. Though much of that is simply natural in his unique eyes and lips. But on top of that, the dude can really act to bring that depth out. Shue was strong. And Urban who is usually awful with an American accent was very solid. The French dude too.

Also I’d totally bang Starlite.

Just finished season one of The Boys. I loved it. Jack Quaid is like a less dorky Colin Hanks but can act. The dude from Banshee who plays Homelander actually has some really impressive chops. A tortured soul. Like that. Though much of that is simply natural in his unique eyes and lips. But on top of that, the dude can really act to bring that depth out. Shue was strong. And Urban who is usually awful with an American accent was very solid. The French dude too.

Also I’d totally bang Starlite.
I always trust your opinion on shows/movies. Gonna watch it.

Going into it I was pretty skeptical, but I really like Lodge 49 on AMC.

I'm watching season 2 of mindhunters right now. I don't know if I said this before in regards to season 1 but agent Bill Tench has the best voice I have ever heard.
I read a lot and never do audio books but if he were to read audio books of the books I like then I would convert.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Speaking of TV shows, if you’re a “nerd”, Disney + is coming in November for 6.99 a month.

It’ll have multiple new shows. The Mandalorian (trailer just released), Loki, She Hulk, WandaVision...

Plus all the traditional Disney fare. Princess movies, Mickey Mouse, Pixar...

Man, Disney is a behemoth in the cinematic world after buying Star Wars, Marvel and Fox.

Speaking of TV shows, if you’re a “nerd”, Disney + is coming in November for 6.99 a month.

It’ll have multiple new shows. The Mandalorian (trailer just released), Loki, She Hulk, WandaVision...

Plus all the traditional Disney fare. Princess movies, Mickey Mouse, Pixar...

Man, Disney is a behemoth in the cinematic world after buying Star Wars, Marvel and Fox.

They’re bundling Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $13/month.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm watching season 2 of mindhunters right now. I don't know if I said this before in regards to season 1 but agent Bill Tench has the best voice I have ever heard.
I read a lot and never do audio books but if he were to read audio books of the books I like then I would convert.

Tench is great in season 2 as he takes more of the lead. Ford does little for me. He’s too one note. But Tench, despite brute size, plays intelligent and sensitive very, very well.

Love this show, binge watching season 2 now.

I finished season 2 of Mindhunter a week ago. Liked it more than season one. Tbh, as much as I liked season one, it was a bit flat. Much of the insights on profiling I already knew (I think many of us do), there was no investigation, and one-note Ford was the lead. For those reasons it felt a little empty and if it wasn’t for the Kemper scenes, it would’ve felt far worse I think.

This season had an investigation which I knew little about, a little more on BTK, and highlighted Tench, all of which took the show to another level. My main issue with the season was the unnecessary and cheesy side plot about Tench’s kid. So forced and unsubtle.

Having said all this, the show to this point has simply followed the Douglas/Ressler trajectory though very loosely this season. FWIW, after their input on this case, in real life, the Tylenol tampering case, Unabomber and Robert Hansen were three of the cases they dealt with in the coming years. Dahmer too. The show is supposed to be five seasons I think and I imagine BTK is the last season so I think a Unabomber season and Dahmer season would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
I finished season 2 of Mindhunter a week ago. Liked it more than season one. Tbh, as much as I liked season one, it was a bit at. Much of the insights on profiling I already knew (I think many of us do), there was no investigation, and one note Ford was the lead. For the reason it felt a little empty and if it wasn’t for the Kemper scenes, it would’ve felt far worse I think.

This season had an investigation which I knew little about, a little more on BTK, and highlighted Tench, all of which took the show to another level. My main issue with the season was the unnecessary and cheesy side plot about Tench’s kid. So forced and unsubtle.

Having said all this, the show to this point has simply followed the Douglas/Ressler trajectory though very loosely this season. FWIW, after their input on this case, in real life, the Tylenol tampering case, Unabomber and Robert Hansen were three of the cases they dealt with in the coming years. Dahmer too. The show is supposed to be five seasons I think and I imagine BTK is the last season so I think a Unabomber season and Dahmer season would be pretty cool.
Do you have to watch season 1 to understand season 2, or are they separate things?

Do you have to watch season 1 to understand season 2, or are they separate things?
Ya I think you need to watch season one.
You could pick it up just watching season 2 but you wouldnt have a complete understanding of the FBI unit

It helps to watch it. I wouldn’t say it’s necessary though. That said, give season one a whirl. The Kemper character alone is worth it. The actor absolutely crushes the role.
This.
Kemper stole the show

I really liked mindhunter. I think Ford is a more nuanced role than others see it as. He has had to deal with the fallout of his methods and the outcomes and just shows it differently than tench does. Tench is still easily the 2nd best character in the show, right behind Kemper. The actor plays Kemper flawlessly.

Want to be freaked out entirely by that? Go watch the Kemper interviews on YouTube. The similarities are more than uncanny and you'll hear some of the dialogue from the show. Wild.

Imo mindhunter is easily the best show on Netflix right now.