What's new

Best shows on TV?

I have that one on my list (LOTR). Watching the movie Nope right now and liking it so far but im guessing the ending will suck. I really like that lead actor. Same dude from Get Out. He is fantastic.

im looking forward to She Hulk. Looks fun. Have to wait until all the episodes are out though. Also House of the Dragon is on my list. The Patient (steve carrell) looks really good. Handmaids tale new season. The Bear. Ken and Barbie Killers. Reservation Dogs season 2. Those are the next shows for me. Probably sprinkle some movies in there too. The Northman, Thor, 13 lives, Barbarian, Dont Worry Darling.
Did you think the ending of Nope sucked? I kind of liked it, and it vaguely left things open if they want to revisit this. They never did fully explain the cloud that never moved and if it started moving again or whatever at the end. The scenes with the TV show were as intense as about anything I have seen on film. Crazy.

Did you think the ending of Nope sucked? I kind of liked it, and it vaguely left things open if they want to revisit this. They never did fully explain the cloud that never moved and if it started moving again or whatever at the end. The scenes with the TV show were as intense as about anything I have seen on film. Crazy.

Agree with everything you posted. I thought it was a really good movie and the ending was good. The scenes with the chimp were terrifying.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The tough thing is adapting anything from the Silmarillion and keeping the same characters throughout to build audience connections is nearly impossible without drastically altering the timeline. These stories cover thousands of years. And there is substantial time between main character arcs, as mostly the main happenings are told from the perspective of a single person. Not many of these overlapped that much, but they have to bring them together kind of artificially so they can drive plot and get audiences bought into the nostalgia.

Assuming the stranger is Gandalfe, for example, he really did not appear until the beginning of the third age, when they were already at war with the forces of Sauron, and the first battle with Sauron when the One Ring was lost was hundreds of years before that. So that is a huge break in the canon, so to speak. To keep it more consistent it should be Saruman that comes on the scene first, but it will likely be Gandalfe because he is the fan favorite.

For me they are trying too hard to check the boxes and not putting enough into world-building and character development. It is more like "oh I heard that name before, I guess that is where he came from" rather than building the characters to drive the story. I am still enjoying it, but I have very very tempered expectations. I just hope they don't Star Wars this thing and **** it all up.
Time compression is pretty much a necessity. Most of the valid complaints I have seen have been about the slow pace so it feels like an balancing act. It shows in some places too.

The Numenor storyline feels a bit rushed as Galadriel needs to be somewhere and there is urgency to get Numenoreans to ME but if they set up the fall of Numenor in 2nd season I am more than fine with it. Elrond's storyline feels a lot more established, though because there is no hurry yet there and show has time to breath.

The Stranger could be Gandalf. He could be a blue wizard too. It breaks the timeline but it's really not breaking anything as a story so I don't mind it but I would prefer it to be a blue wizard as it's just original and there isn't much known about them. They are intriguing. I have been happy with Adar so I trust the writers with new characters.

If you’re into stuff like this I’d HIGHLY recommend the new Jeffrey Dahmer docuseries on Netflix.

Dahmer, with Renner as the lead, was ****ing disturbing. Stopped it halfway through when I viewed it about ten years ago. Just couldn’t get through it. He crushed that.

I've been okay with the LOTR pace of the series simply because they've already called their shot of five seasons. It's slow, but understandable as they set the board.

I'm looking forward to some actual action by the end of the season though as you can only have so much exposition.

Rings of Power are very mediocre imo. It lacks character, costumes and objects look mostly cheap, like plastic, acting is average at best. It feels like watching a video game with computer generated cities, horribly bland music, anime style fights. From time to time there will be some nice landscape or some better scene but mostly it's just poor.

p10923101_b_v10_ar.jpg

Not bad, I understand Italian and can speak a bit of it, god knows what these southern swine are saying.

Dahmer, with Renner as the lead, was ****ing disturbing. Stopped it halfway through when I viewed it about ten years ago. Just couldn’t get through it. He crushed that.

Evan Peters is the best Dahmer I’ve ever seen. He is extremely talented. You should watch it.

p10923101_b_v10_ar.jpg

Not bad, I understand Italian and can speak a bit of it, god knows what these southern swine are saying.
So from the picture I gather it is a romance. Just your kind of film.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet, but The Patient on Hulu is riveting. Great portrayal by all involved. Steve Carrell is killing it as the therapist (get it? killing it? heh heh, killing....oh never mind :rolleyes: ) and whoever the serial killer is, he is just scary to look at and his mood swings are so realistic. Gives you chills. Short episodes, so it is easy to keep caught up, and very bingeable. Definitely recommended.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet, but The Patient on Hulu is riveting. Great portrayal by all involved. Steve Carrell is killing it as the therapist (get it? killing it? heh heh, killing....oh never mind :rolleyes: ) and whoever the serial killer is, he is just scary to look at and his mood swings are so realistic. Gives you chills. Short episodes, so it is easy to keep caught up, and very bingeable. Definitely recommended.
Im very excited to watch that one. I have been waiting for all the episodes to be out. Have they all been released?