What's new

Best shows on TV?

I loved season 1. Heard it goes downhill considerably after that.

Watching season 2 at the minute, I think pacing is an issue, they kill characters off so quickly that some of the stuff you'd see in the sopranos, like tony agonising over his next move just doesn't happen, people get killed then its on a the next rivalry.

Watching season 2 at the minute, I think pacing is an issue, they kill characters off so quickly that some of the stuff you'd see in the sopranos, like tony agonising over his next move just doesn't happen, people get killed then its on a the next rivalry.

The midpoint or so in season one was just fantastic.

I shoulda killed you.

Watched half an hour. I agree. Kids got a very bright future. He has an excellent physicality to him.
Yeah, the first episode alone was pretty ****ing disturbing. They captured the essence of that final altercation really well, almost too well. It hits all the points of the police reports and accounts, without being formulaic. He brings Dahmer to life, which is just wrong on so many levels, but done really well. I am both horrified and excited to see the rest of the series.

You know, watching that depiction of the account, after reading it in some detail, from police reports and other sources, it looks a lot like he was trying to get caught and that he seemed relieved. It must have been a huge strain having that kind of compulsion, which you just could not control, and I am sure exhausting on so many levels. I can't imagine you can tolerate that for very long before you would be torn between the compulsion, and hoping to get caught/killed to free you from it. Dexter describes it well as a dark passenger, but really one that rides on your back, grinding you into the ground with every step.

Watched half an hour. I agree. Kids got a very bright future. He has an excellent physicality to him.

So to elaborate some, on Mare he was the dickhead drug dealing boyfriend, right? The kid who we were led to believe was responsible in some way, right? Because on Mare he was very good. I recall his “teen” body language and Delco voice. In Dahmer he seems to nail the man’s body language (at least from the little I recall seeing of him) though I’m not sure if perhaps he’s a bit too deliberate in his movements at times—I am going to try to find video of JD walking into a courtroom and such—on top of that, his accent seems well done too. Nuanced. Not too over the top. Not sure if Dahmer had that accent but I imagine so…but to
come back, he has a physical presence in a way, at least a little bit, to how Daniel Day-Lewis always did. He has the capacity to use and contort his body in a way that feels natural to create a unique being who speaks to us in a very unique way.

Anybody watching Andor? I haven't liked any of the other Star Wars series, but Andor is different. The acting/writing/directing are much better than the other series. It's less of an alien story and more of a human story. We'll see where it goes, but I would recommend checking it out.

Finished season 2 of Reservation Dogs. Great show. Really funny and surprisingly heart felt. The end of season 2 is a real tearjerker.

Now starting 12 Monkeys the tv series. Only halfway through episode 1 but im liking it so far.

landscape-desktop.764.430.jpg

Bout a bunch of Northern English monkeys nicking **** and getting into and out of trouble.

Last edited:
Im giving up on 12 Monkeys tv series.
Watching "where the crawdads sing" movie right now cause I read the book and loved the book. As usual, its a bad idea to watch the movie after reading the book. (Im not liking the movie)

Gonna watch The Patient next I think.

Im giving up on 12 Monkeys tv series.
Watching "where the crawdads sing" movie right now cause I read the book and loved the book. As usual, its a bad idea to watch the movie after reading the book. (Im not liking the movie)

Gonna watch The Patient next I think.
What was your main issue with 12 Monkeys?

I haven't watched any of it or really heard any specifics about is but it was on my radar.

What was your main issue with 12 Monkeys?

I haven't watched any of it or really heard any specifics about is but it was on my radar.

It poorly written, mostly poorly acted, very cliche, and confusing because it didnt make sense. I watched about 10 or 11 episodes and couldn’t go on. Didnt want to make the same mistake i made with Animal Kingdom and get too committed to the point that i dont like the show but cant/wont give up on it.

Animal Kingdom was much better than 12 monkeys though and animal kingdom wasnt all that good

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app