What's new

Bill Murray in Zombieland

What effect does Vonnegut have on the plot of Back to School? He helps to write a paper, but Dangerfield has many people doing that.

The failing Vonnegut paper (that Vonnegut wrote) causes a pretty significant disagreement/rift between Dangerfield and Sally Kellerman.

Trust me, I have watched Back to School probably 25+ times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameo_appearance

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A cameo role or cameo appearance (often shortened to just cameo) is a brief appearance of a known person in a work of the performing arts, such as plays, films, video games[1] and television. These roles are generally small, many of them non-speaking ones, and they're commonly either appearances in a work in which they hold some special significance (such as actors from an original movie appearing in its remake), or renowned people making uncredited appearances. Short appearances by celebrities, film directors, politicians, athletes, musicians or even characters from other fictional works are common. A cameo should not be confused with a guest appearance, being different in that guest appearances do acknowledge the person in question for who they are, be it by explicitly naming them or in the work's credits.

Obama in Whoomp there it is music video.

obama-screenshot-_whoomp.jpg

saw this movie though it was ok dont understand why theres a thread about it two years later?? uh guys this isn't a timless flick. let it rest.

I've seen that argument before, and I disagree. Largely on the basis that his segment of the film is simply too long to qualify as a real cameo. At some point he's a real character and I think the 10+ minutes of screen time qualifies.

Just among more recent movies, I preferred cameos (and they were true cameos) from:

David Bowie in Zoolander
Bruce Campbell's Cameos in the various Spider-man movies
Tarantino on Desperado

If you take more classic films into the discussion I'd be obviously remiss if I didn't mention Alfred Hitchcock in pretty much everything. At screenings of his films in many locations, it's customary for the audience to immediately applaud when he is spotted.

For obvious reasons I have a soft spot for Vonnegut showing up in Back to School, which itself has classic cameos from Sam Kinison and Danny Elfman.

And who could forget this classic Marshall McLuhan appearance in Annie Hall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY

I'm just about to watch this movie for the first time....right.....now.

And I agree, one of the best cameos ever. This killed me.