What's new

Bin Laden is dead

Much rep to the person who can post some pictures of Osama's compound in Pakistan. Im searching over google maps in that town in Pakistan right now.

I find some of the celebrating and all the media coverage of it to be sort of in poor taste

the guy on CNN just said this is such a historic moment and one that we all will remember for the rest of our lives, and we'll always know where we were and what we were doing when we heard the President announce that Bin Laden was dead - - maybe I have too many other "historic" moments to remember, I dunno, and I'm not sure where this is going to rank for me

I find some of the celebrating and all the media coverage of it to be sort of in poor taste

the guy on CNN just said this is such a historic moment and one that we all will remember for the rest of our lives, and we'll always know where we were and what we were doing when we heard the President announce that Bin Laden was dead - - maybe I have too many other "historic" moments to remember, I dunno, and I'm not sure where this is going to rank for me

I'm going to remember tonight for the rest of my life. Not just for the fact of the announcement, but because I'll probably die before daybreak.

I'm also curious to hear the full story about the woman who was supposedly used as a human shield

A serious (and destined to be unpopular) point: Isn't this video of people celebrating in front of the White House essentially destined to be "Bulletin Board material" at the equivalent of the next Al Qaeda staff meeting?

You are correct. This will undoubtedly be used to recruit. All of our embassies throughout the world are going to be on high alert for awhile. Anyway, glad the pathetic excuse for a human being is dead. I am also glad to hear it was a special forces group that got to him. I can only hope he knew the end was near and soiled himself anticipating the bullet/grenade(whatever killed him) that was about to end his life.

osama.png

It's nice to see something so great happen that everyone can enjoy and agree on despite their differences.

Bin Laden is the only human being I've ever wanted dead. I'm celebrating! The only thing that dissapoints me about this is how long it took.

I find celebrating any human being's death to be primitive and medieval. We should feel solemn that 9/11 happened just as we should be solemn that Osama went through a life to be constructed into such a horrible human being, that we had to kill him to prevent more deaths. There is nothing to cheer for here, just war. Some of you ****ing idiots don't understand that what you're doing is perpetuating the machine, cranking it over and over.

- Craig

Same thing they say about you. He was human, just like all of his followers taught to kill/hate us are human. The quicker we all accept that, the less war we have to see. But no, we're simply our ancestors from the dark ages with better technology.

Seriously, the world is making me sick right now, and I can't be the only one. I know most of you are joking, but the very idea we find these jokes as humorous reveals a deeper layer of lust for revenge inside us, or at least a dehumanizing of others that is really disturbing.

Same thing they say about you. He was human, just like all of his followers taught to kill/hate us are human. The quicker we all accept that, the less war we have to see. But no, we're simply our ancestors from the dark ages with better technology.

Seriously, the world is making me sick right now, and I can't be the only one. I know most of you are joking, but the very idea we find these jokes as humorous reveals a deeper layer of lust for revenge inside us, or at least a dehumanizing of others that is really disturbing.

-Craig

Fixed

Oh, I never know if you're joking or completely serious. Please verify. Thanks!