What's new

Bin Laden is dead

Same thing they say about you. He was human, just like all of his followers taught to kill/hate us are human. The quicker we all accept that, the less war we have to see. But no, we're simply our ancestors from the dark ages with better technology.

I understand your viewpoint completely, and personally I'm offended by the slaughtering of civilians, regardless or which side is doing it. However, the fact that our country has been caught up in a **** storm caused by this a-hole for the last 10 years, I am glad he's gone.

I understand your viewpoint completely, and personally I'm offended by the slaughtering of civilians, regardless or which side is doing it. However, the fact that our country has been caught up in a **** storm caused by this a-hole for the last 10 years, I am glad he's gone.

I tried to rep you, but I've given out too much rep. I'll make it up to you later, big boy. :D

I'll make it up to you later, big boy. :D

You probably say that to all the girls.

Seriously, the world is making me sick right now, and I can't be the only one. I know most of you are joking, but the very idea we find these jokes as humorous reveals a deeper layer of lust for revenge inside us, or at least a dehumanizing of others that is really disturbing.

Right now? The world has been making me sick for a long time. I feel sick for the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who paid the price in the name of revenge. I don't feel sick for the guilty.

"The official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not immediately say where that (the sea burial) occurred."

Hopefully an Islamabad sewer.

With rats gnawing on his nose.

They were preparing for possible reprisal long before any Americans were videoed celebrating. I seriously doubt Americans celebrating would tip the scales to whether the Al-Qaeda network retaliates or not.

On the other side of this is how many radicals will lose motivation as their leaders continue to be picked off? We may see attacks increase, but many of these terrorists will soon find them to have been their last. Showing the videos will break morale.

"The official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not immediately say where that (the sea burial) occurred."

Hopefully an Islamabad sewer.

I can only hope; but I doubt we'll get out of this without another conspiracy. How soon before the rumors start that they really gave the body to his family?

1tyfj.jpg

I can't imagine why it's relevant what happened to the body.

I was relieved to hear of his death, but didn't feel any need to celebrate it.

Buried at sea? Really?

Does this make anyone else just a tiny bit skeptical?

You and half the world. I've been reading comments left at foreign news outlets and most are incredulous that the US would dump the body with no proof.

It makes sense however. They treated the body with respect according to Islam to show that this was not about a war against Islam. Dumping the body at sea prevents followers from setting up a shrine to worship and martyr bin Laden. It eliminates a rallying point so to speak.

That said, if you think the US doesn't have copious amounts of pictures and documentation proving that it was indeed bin Laden, give it a few days. They'll need to provide a picture to stop all of the rumours. Remember Uday Hussein? After 3 days of speculation the US finally released the pics of his carcass.

Why would pictures change anything?

Remember the birthers?

I suspect Donald Trump will now irritate people nonstop for the next few months demanding proof.

You and half the world. I've been reading comments left at foreign news outlets and most are incredulous that the US would dump the body with no proof.

It makes sense however. They treated the body with respect according to Islam to show that this was not about a war against Islam. Dumping the body at sea prevents followers from setting up a shrine to worship and martyr bin Laden. It eliminates a rallying point so to speak.

That said, if you think the US doesn't have copious amounts of pictures and documentation proving that it was indeed bin Laden, give it a few days. They'll need to provide a picture to stop all of the rumours. Remember Uday Hussein? After 3 days of speculation the US finally released the pics of his carcass.

Plus it gives the crustaceans something to eat.