What's new

Black Kid Shot in Gated Neighboorhood

Um, everything is part of God's plan. He sees all, knows all, exists in all places and in all times. God knows the future. God created all of this and set it into motion specifically as He desired. Prove me wrong!

Christians do believe in the omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence of their Lord and Father, do they not?

Um, everything is part of God's plan. He sees all, knows all, exists in all places and in all times. God knows the future. God created all of this and set it into motion specifically as He desired. Prove me wrong!

Christians do believe in the omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence of their Lord and Father, do they not?

So the random nutjob that shots up a local Wendys is part of Gods Plan? BS. Knowing about something and condoning it are two very different things.

So the random nutjob that shots up a local Wendys is part of Gods Plan? BS. Knowing about something and condoning it are two very different things.

I don't want to start a religious debate in this thread. I'm not saying anything about God's intentions. As I understand it God is Omnipotent, Omniscience, and Omnipresent. Pretty impressive stuff! I've never been the kind of atheist that was impressed by the "There are babies with AIDS and starvation in the world so either God doesn't really exist or he's not such a nice guy" argument against religion. It is said that one cannot know the mind of God, so I play by that rule and assume that while we put a huge amount of importance on our "mortal" existence, God may very well have plans so big and vast that not only is it acceptable to sacrifice the experience some of us have while alive (like by letting us starve or get molested or whatever) but in fact it may be absolutely necessary that we experience those horrible (by our standards) things in our mortal lives so that we gain the wisdom we'll need for our eternal lives. We just can't know what God's plan for us is, we lack the capacity to understand it.

You're right Gameface. I do not know the mind of God. Maybe he does want/like all the crap happening. I choose to believe he does not.

In Zimmerman's last interview, he claims he is not a racist, but that killing Martin must have been part of God's plan.

Anyone here think the second part is plausible?

I reject your premise.

I watched the interview.

Hannity was asking about whether Zimmerman had any regrets. He answered No to all of the regret questions.
Then Hannity asked him if he believes he wouldn't be here [alive] if he didn't have a gun.
Zimmerman responded that it was God's Plan [that he survived Trayvon's attack] and that he doesn't want to second guess or judge it.

I don't want to start a religious debate in this thread. I'm not saying anything about God's intentions. As I understand it God is Omnipotent, Omniscience, and Omnipresent. Pretty impressive stuff! I've never been the kind of atheist that was impressed by the "There are babies with AIDS and starvation in the world so either God doesn't really exist or he's not such a nice guy" argument against religion. It is said that one cannot know the mind of God, so I play by that rule and assume that while we put a huge amount of importance on our "mortal" existence, God may very well have plans so big and vast that not only is it acceptable to sacrifice the experience some of us have while alive (like by letting us starve or get molested or whatever) but in fact it may be absolutely necessary that we experience those horrible (by our standards) things in our mortal lives so that we gain the wisdom we'll need for our eternal lives. We just can't know what God's plan for us is, we lack the capacity to understand it.

God doesn't interfere with free will.

I reject your premise.

I watched the interview.

Hannity was asking about whether Zimmerman had any regrets. He answered No to all of the regret questions.
Then Hannity asked him if he believes he wouldn't be here [alive] if he didn't have a gun.
Zimmerman responded that it was God's Plan [that he survived Trayvon's attack] and that he doesn't want to second guess or judge it.

YOur take is amusing spin.

Transcript:
HANNITY: Do you regret that you had a gun that night?
ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.
HANNITY: Do you feel you wouldn't be here for this interview if you didn't have that gun?
HANNITY: You feel you would not be here?
ZIMMERMAN: I feel it was all God's plan and for me to second guess it or judge it --
HANNITY: Is there anything you might do differently in retrospect now that the time has passed a little bit?

https://www.blackchristiannews.com/...as-going-to-kill-me-it-was-all-gods-plan.html

zimmerman describes the whole incident as part of God's plan, not just his survival. I did read a transcript before my post.

I don't see an 3O God as being incompatible with free will. I do see it as incompatible with not taking action after a free-will decision has been made.

YOur take is amusing spin.
Transcript:
https://www.blackchristiannews.com/...as-going-to-kill-me-it-was-all-gods-plan.html

zimmerman describes the whole incident as part of God's plan, not just his survival. I did read a transcript before my post.

I'm glad the context is now clear so people can make their judgement based on that instead of your narrow premise.
Since the question preceding his answer was about guns preventing his death I figured he wanted to avoid sounding like a gun nut...public perception.

One Brow how do you know God isn't taking action. Just because He does not just come down here and bitch slap some guy does not mean he isn't doing anything.

No I will not read your response. Just something to think about.

One Brow how do you know God isn't taking action. Just because He does not just come down here and bitch slap some guy does not mean he isn't doing anything.

No I will not read your response. Just something to think about.

An example of what I meant: After the molester has commited to placing their genetalia on/in a child's body part, but before penetration/contact, a 3O god would be able to simply remove the genetalia, either tmporarily or permanently, without leaving any sort of medical issues behind. The molester remains just as guilty and their free will is intact, but the child has been spared.