What's new

Black or Wallace?

Which point guard would rather have with the 9th pick?

• Total voters
I think I’ve decided to fully jump on the Cason bandwagon… I voted for him here but Rafael Barlow’s (who I’m mixed on but dude has done as much work as anyone) referenced him as the Kawhi of PGs and I kind of get it. Shoots 59% in the midrange… FT and 3p also lean his way as a shooter… and just a steady tough defender. Between the Kentucky guard thing and just how effing solid he is and meets such a great need… we need to draft the **** outta this guy… whether it’s at 9 or trading up from 16.

I think I’ve decided to fully jump on the Cason bandwagon… I voted for him here but Rafael Barlow’s (who I’m mixed on but dude has done as much work as anyone) referenced him as the Kawhi of PGs and I kind of get it. Shoots 59% in the midrange… FT and 3p also lean his way as a shooter… and just a steady tough defender. Between the Kentucky guard thing and just how effing solid he is and meets such a great need… we need to draft the **** outta this guy… whether it’s at 9 or trading up from 16.
I agree (despite my weakness for Black as evidenced by my avatar). The more footage of Wallace I see, the more I believe there is no way he doesn't become at least a good NBA player.

I agree (despite my weakness for Black as evidenced by my avatar). The more footage of Wallace I see, the more I believe there is no way he doesn't become at least a good NBA player.
I like Black but our mock draft put it into perspective for me a bit… would be tough to accommodate two iffy shooter with Kessler… I know the percentages but my doubts go to form and other stuff that lead me to believe Wallace has more upside as a shooter. If we landed Hendricks with Black then I’m still over the moon… it’s just hard if we landed Walker/Ausar or another guy like that and hoped in the future they work well with Black.

Right now seems this is a case of ignorance on the part of most fans, that are thinking either of them high ceiling prospects, worth taking in the top 10.
Neither are better play than the wings and bigs we can get there and cannot get at 16. Unless you want to draft Black to be a non shooting sf.

So take him at 9 then if all the other good prospects are gone. If we’re gonna piss away a pick on a guard, get the best one. Black doesn’t have the shooting to be effective and Wallace is just meh for me.
I think Black is a home run pick if you can surround him with 3 or 4 other above average shooters. If the plan is to keep our 24 pick next year you draft black and continue to build your team to fit your core. Black would unlock some of Kessler’s offensive potential and make life easier for Markkanen. Not to mention what he does for your offense being more efficient, and I haven’t even touched on what he would do for the defense on the perimeter.

Sounds like he should go top-8 and push someone better down to us!

Only concern on his is ongoing injuries, which I don't even know if that's a real thing or not.

That shot looks.......... broken

There was another video I posted a few days ago in the draft thread, and it said he's working with Steph Curry's trainer. It showed him shooting in an empty gym and the shot looked a little better...looked like he's tweaked his form a bit. Hard to say if it will translate to actual games.

Neither for crying out loud lol
take Keonte at 16 if you want a damn project guard. He is far more likely to be the next better in the nba type than these overrated clowns.
I have Keonte sliding from early projections some due to innefficiency and need to be better a lot better defensively. But I think he has just as good of a chance of haveing a better career than both Black and Wallace who for whatever reason remain alive as options for this fanbase, Why I have no idea, neither is a good enough playmaker to make up for their lack of shooting