What's new

Bold Prediction: Alec Burks WILL have a huge breakout year.

Everyone on Jazzfanz eventually melts down.

Could this be the meltdown of the infamous franklin?

Will these be the last days of franklin? Stay tuned!

Burks is a good player, but AL Jefferson is the best Center in the NBA. So stop crushing your heads about Burks and start bitching about front office, for not re-signing BIG-AL...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GogqSm6828U

Dude, Roy HIbbert is so much better than Big Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJ1bpOJ9Qg

18062005baskan001.jpg

Attachments

• 18062005baskan001.jpg
    18062005baskan001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 11
Everyone on Jazzfanz eventually melts down.

Could this be the meltdown of the infamous franklin?

Will these be the last days of franklin? Stay tuned!
If it is NAOS will be so mad he's going to cancel all of his dinner dates. Beware. And has franklin started calling Dalemon my name? How come?

Burks is a good player, but AL Jefferson is the best Center in the NBA. So stop crushing your heads about Burks and start bitching about front office, for not re-signing BIG-AL...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GogqSm6828U
This act is getting so tired. It was a little bit funny, like, one time.

Personally, I always straddled the very middle of the Burks debate. To those who think that Burks was ready to start from day one, they are wrong. To those who think that Burks didn't improve under Ty Corbin's coaching, they are completely wrong.

To those who think that Burks playing extremely well this year will be justification that he should have been starting from day one-- I suppose they could be correct, but I find it incredibly unlikely. Different coaches assemble different systems, which suit the talents of their players differently.

Burks, a ball-dominating wing who shoots among the lowest threes out of any PG/SG in the NBA, being thrown together with other starters in a slow-paced offensive system would be an unimpressive display of his play, and it probably had potential to even regress his development. I thought Alec's minutes were managed completely well throughout his career in the NBA thus far. His defense has never been top-notch, and he has learned how to improve the play of others on-top of developing his own scoring instincts.

Kanter's coaching has been a bit less of a success, IMO. It's clear that Quin has connected with Ty better (not a surprise for a coach who's main talent is reportedly 'player-development'), and several aspects of his game had regressed under Ty. It's fair to credit some of that to coaching.

So full-circle: Zulu bumping past posts of people calling for Alec's head is totally not a huge deal, and I'm in awe with people having their feathers ruffled over it. If Schröder has an unreal season/career this year, I'll laugh every time orangello bumps a post of mine saying how much better Burke will be. If people bumped my Singleton posts from 2011, I'd laugh as well. We are all prone to making judgements (particularly during emotional points of a season), and basketball is a rather unpredictable sport. So, standing on a pedestal, calling people 'tools' for them bumping old posts of yours is an overreaction, IMO. I'd feel the same if Burks collapsed this year, and you started bumping all of foj/Zulu's posts where they compared Wade to Burks, and Zulu called you a tool, asserting that his comparisons were a consequence of "a frustrating Jazz season where we just wanted to try anything".

Man, Tyrone Corbin like that Ebola virus cuh... we just want to stay away from that dude yo.
He stunted the growth of Alec "Jordan" Burkezz.

So..... We should all be afraid that you will stand us up on a lunch date if we bug gvc? Shakin in my boots, tbh.

I fuggin love that you bishes have remembered the story this way. I mean, in the exact-opposite-of-truth way. Hail PKM, Trout, and their nanny Dalamon!

I fuggin love that you bishes have remembered the story this way. I mean, in the exact-opposite-of-truth way. Hail PKM, Trout, and their nanny Dalamon!

So, Trout was the one with the bluetooth friend who cancelled the dinner date?

I'd rather have Gobert than Big Al.
This, by a mile. Jefferson has offensive skill, but he gives up much more than he gets. In addition, he stagnates the offense for his teammates. Definitely not the right fit for our team goals. He is not competitive enough, does not have a high enough BBIQ and has almost certainly reached his ceiling in all areas. He may have found the right fit in Charlotte (assuming they have no real playoff aspirations).