What's new

Booker: Glad we didn't lose to a non playoff team @Enes_Kanter

This teams been missing that badass attitude for years now its here with Booker, Gobert, Ingles and its rubbing off on Hayward, Favors.......gotta love it next season lookout a new Western powerhouse

Right! Look at how Millsap was yapping at that Rockets player after he had that big dunk! Love the growing trend of nasty.

ALso: HAHAHAHA about Booker's shots at Kanter. Right on Book! Hope he comes back and I look forward to continuing to boo and heckle Kanter for years to come.

As for the "true jazz fan comment" by SF. If that's how this is going to go one could say you are not a true jazz fan by your continued defense of Kanter after he bashed the team in its entirety. You are doing what you associate to not being a true fan, placing a player before the team. So let's just leave those comments out shall we?

I bet there are more than a few Thunder players, fans and front office who are holding a grudge. His behavior clearly tipped the balance in that game.

I'm going to laugh at the critics of this trade if he gets his contract offer and bails on OKC. I'll also laugh if OKC matches a max contract. Either of those scenarios makes the trade a 100% win for the Jazz FO.

By what I heard from Booker's exit interview it sounded like there's a very good chance for him coming back :)

Booker is Jazz, we need him, we all want him, keep the stud.

I mentioned it before but we need a petition for Booker to stay here. DL and Jazz ownership need to know how we feel about him!

I'm going to laugh at the critics of this trade if he gets his contract offer and bails on OKC. I'll also laugh if OKC matches a max contract. Either of those scenarios makes the trade a 100% win for the Jazz FO.
Yep. But I might reduce that threshold to around 13-14M. IMO that's too high for Enes

Could this actually be the scenario that wakes the sleeping giant? Does Kanter get mad about being disrespected by Utah, getting minutes, but missing the playoffs with OKC, and possibly getting told by many teams that they're not willing to give him a ton of money because of his lack of defense? And then he goes out and just DOMINATES next season? He has the talent. just needs the attitude on the defensive end. In any case, it wasn't going to happen in Utah.

Could this actually be the scenario that wakes the sleeping giant? Does Kanter get mad about being disrespected by Utah, getting minutes, but missing the playoffs with OKC, and possibly getting told by many teams that they're not willing to give him a ton of money because of his lack of defense? And then he goes out and just DOMINATES next season?

It could happen if he wasn't such a petulant child.

You know, I had a lot of animosity towards Kanter myself, but this is poetic justice and puts it to rest for me. I don't care to ever hear from or see him again.

Could this actually be the scenario that wakes the sleeping giant? Does Kanter get mad about being disrespected by Utah, getting minutes, but missing the playoffs with OKC, and possibly getting told by many teams that they're not willing to give him a ton of money because of his lack of defense? And then he goes out and just DOMINATES next season? He has the talent. just needs the attitude on the defensive end. In any case, it wasn't going to happen in Utah.

Not impossible. Kanter isn't slow-footed and in fact he has excellent footwork, just a matter of being matured and giving the same intensity on defensive end. He is 22 year-old and I see all these jeers and taunts about him being one-way player will light a fire in him to improve on both ends, I can totally see him losing 10-20 lbs and work on his defensive rotation he can make Harden-like defensive improvement next season. Wish he had done it here ...

I know I just said I don't care to see or hear about him ever again, but I don't know if you can teach what he lacks. Something as simple as see ball see man and help defense don't click with him. This is stuff i learned in Jr. Jazz in 2nd grade. This isn't necessarily me hating on him, but I don't understand how an NBA caliber player cannot grasp this. I've seen it in Boozer and Jefferson and they never got better, so this leads me to believe that maybe it's something you have or you don't.

I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this but Enes Kanter has a funny name. I feel that's where were headed so I just wanted to get that out of the way. That is all.

You should just start a "Things that rhyme with Enes Kanter" thread and be done with it.