What's new

Breaking Bad (thread will have *spoilers*)

sirkickyass

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
Let me give a little background here: I watch television shows very slowly. It took me about 6 months to watch the entire series of the Sopranos. About 5 months to watch five seasons of the Wire. I like to take time to unpack the episodes and I simply can't usually sit down for more than a couple hours at a time to watch TV.

I have completely destroyed Breaking Bad. I have burned through the first two seasons in a little under 2 weeks. This is unprecedented. I might be in love. If I wasn't so monogamous, I'd be cheating on Fesenko.

Everytime I think I've pleateaued it gets better. They introduce Danny Trejo, then a shyster lawyer, then DJ Qualls gets a guest spot, etc.

Now I have to track down Season 3 (I'm hoping it's On Demand).

Is anyone else watching this?

It's one I definitely want to see. For whatever reason the Blockbusters in Denver refuse to carry it.

Fortunately I have season 4 of Mad Men to tide me over until I can find the DVDs to this.

Sure. I watch it. It's a great show. AMC has been making great shows. Mad Men is glorious, Breaking Bad is almost equally glorious, the first episode of Rubicon was outstanding (though I doubt it gets renewed; I'm not sure who's going to watch it other than me and my friends) and The Walking Dead looks like it's going to be great.

The thing about Breaking Bad is, each season is better than the last. I'll be cryptic, to avoid spoilers, but anyone who has seen the most recent season will know what I'm talking about. The parking lot scene! Intensiest thing I've ever seen on television.

Yeah, Breaking Bad is my current favorite show. It's second only to Deadwood in my opinion.

Sure. I watch it. It's a great show. AMC has been making great shows. Mad Men is glorious, Breaking Bad is almost equally glorious, the first episode of Rubicon was outstanding (though I doubt it gets renewed; I'm not sure who's going to watch it other than me and my friends) and The Walking Dead looks like it's going to be great.

The thing about Breaking Bad is, each season is better than the last. I'll be cryptic, to avoid spoilers, but anyone who has seen the most recent season will know what I'm talking about. The parking lot scene! Intensiest thing I've ever seen on television.

"Intensiest"??? Hmmm, I like it.

Let me give a little background here: I watch television shows very slowly. It took me about 6 months to watch the entire series of the Sopranos. About 5 months to watch five seasons of the Wire. I like to take time to unpack the episodes and I simply can't usually sit down for more than a couple hours at a time to watch TV.

I have completely destroyed Breaking Bad. I have burned through the first two seasons in a little under 2 weeks. This is unprecedented. I might be in love. If I wasn't so monogamous, I'd be cheating on Fesenko.

Everytime I think I've pleateaued it gets better. They introduce Danny Trejo, then a shyster lawyer, then DJ Qualls gets a guest spot, etc.

Now I have to track down Season 3 (I'm hoping it's On Demand).

Is anyone else watching this?

You would have been perfect for the lawyer. Too obvious of a typecast though I suppose.

Alright, me and the lady are psyched Mad Men has started back up. We also (shrugging) have started watching the T.O. Show and Ocho Cinco's show. I know, I know. I also saw the first five episodes of Dexter (the season with Lithgow who I love) and liked it but wasn't so impressed. I think I'm going to rent BB season one then. Have heard great things from so many people.

The wife annoys me a bit. But I love the series and where it is going. Bryan Cranston was quoted as saying you haven't seen anything yet and Walter goes from High School teacher to Scarface over the next few seasons. Anyway, good show. I do prefer Dexter over it but to each their own.

I've heard good things about BREAKING BAD and will definitely pick it up next. MAD MEN is one of the top 5 shows in the history of television. Pure genius.

My top 3

Dexter
Weeds
Breaking Bad

That's a weird top three, if only because in my experience a) Weeds grew very tiresome over time, to the point that I stopped watching it even as they were introducing one of my favorite comedic actors and b) part of the reason I like Breaking Bad is that it feels like a master's class on everything that's wrong with Weeds.

You would have been perfect for the lawyer. Too obvious of a typecast though I suppose.

It is no secret among those who know me well that if there had been a class in law school called "mob law" I absolutely would have taken it.

Agreed. From what I've seen, The Wire is #1 and Mad Men is #2. A somewhat distant #2 but still.

My belief that The Wire is overrated is well chronicled. Mad Men is great but last season seemed to be aware of its status as a "great show" in a way that lent itself to some ponderousness (the same way that some Scorsese films feel as if he knows he's a great director). I fear the hype machine may overtake it some day.

To Stickler: Your opinion is always valued with me, and I agree that AMC has been absolutely killing it. As a long-time fan of the Walking Dead comic book I think there's a good chance the show will be phenomenal, it certainly has a wealth of source material to work with.