What's new

Breaking Bad (thread will have *spoilers*)

I aint got no TV, er nuthin, so I aint seen this show. I figures I be knowwin what's it's all about purty good, though, seein as how I'm always bad broke.

No one seems to like Sons Of Anarchy

I tried to watch it. The acting was beyond horrible. In the first episode the guy I'm guessing is the main character is talking about some serious **** and one of the guys at the table says something that is supposed to be hardcore and he or others could die in the process, but apparently he thought the line was a little too clever because he said with a smirk what should have probably been said through gritted teeth. They were trying WAY too hard and failing miserably. The dialogue was poor, very poor.

Just started watching this show thanks to this thread. Gotta say I love it so far. I'm only through 3 episodes, but the show is obviously top notch. Thanks for the recommendation Kicky.

I really like the show too, but I did struggle with finding a likable character in the first couple of seasons. But season three was absolutely fantastic and had a great finale.

saw it a few times, probably 3 shows or so each of the first 2 seasons (is this really the third season?????)
It intrigued me, but not enough to make it a regular habit.

and neither here nor there, but we chose Breaking Bad for the name of my summer league bowling team because 2 of my teammates are huge fans. Plus it pretty much describes the way we bowl.

i would like to discus if people think what walt is doing is wrong?

You mean mass producing highly potent meth for a ruthless drug lord?

I'll take the question seriously...

For one Walt and Jessie have had to kill several people themselves in order to protect their criminal enterprise. That is simply wrong. Doesn't really matter that as far as the murders I can remember go they only killed rival criminals. Murdering to protect/further your line of work is wrong, no matter if you run a flower shop, are a politician or a drug manufacturer.

You could argue that it is the unjust drug prohibitions that "force" them to take drastic measures to protect themselves. In that case a person needs to work to change the law first, not ignore it and then rationalize their clerly criminal behaviour.

If your question is simply if making meth is wrong, well, is it okay to make oxycodone or morphine? I know that medicine helps people in pain, but it is also very frequently abused.

i would like to discus if people think what walt is doing is wrong?

To add to Gameface's great reply, are you asking if it is wrong to lie to your family, launder money, lose your job, and order a bad karaoke singing fellow cook to be shot in the face? If so, yes. Walt went into this with good intentions, but now that he's in remission, he's in over his head. So yes, he is wrong. That doesn't mean I'm not fascinated with him and even rooting for him, much like I did with Tony Soprano.

I hate Skylar and hope that Gus kills her and puts her in a bucket of chicken, to be eaten by her thieving sister and Hank.

As I watch this show, it would be so hard to have all that money and still have to act like you're struggling so you don't get caught.

there will be a 5th and final season 16 episode split up in 2 halves.

i hate the splitting of shows in two halves.

so for now i guess hank will not turn walt in

I hate Skylar and hope that Gus kills her and puts her in a bucket of chicken, to be eaten by her thieving sister and Hank.
Have you noticed that she's actually pregnant and they're being pretty silly trying to hide it?

I hate Skylar as well...they should Rita her

Finally caught up with Breaking Bad this week...saw all the seasons this summer as well as parks and rec...I love summer

my money is on walt

My guess would be the cancer returning. Then Walt in a heroic scene sacrifices what is left of his life to save Jessie.

Or in a true ode to The Shield moment. Walt sacrifices Jessie then succumbs to cancer alone without his family.

So I've been thinking about it... and I think Walt Jr. is as good as gone... if not this season then next... he is the only one without character flaws on the show, hence, he has the most emotional draw if killed.. I think his death will probably spur the denouement of the final episodes.

So how long until the episode where Walt Jr, follows Walt to work?