What's new

Breaking Bad (thread will have *spoilers*)

#1. My only problem with the episode is the BIG mistake by the writers. Walt is a super smart guy yet he tells the gangbangers that he has 80 Million dollars? Why not tell him he just has 20 or ....40....etc. But the WORST of all is that he tells them its buried right where they are standing. He could have saved Hank by telling the guys he will pay them 40 million dollars not to kill Hank. By telling them about the money he signed Hank's death and the fact that he was about to get robbed. It just seemed really out of character for him to make such a HUGE mistake.

#2. I thought it was interesting that Walter helped out Skylar by trying to show she knew nothing and cleared her name on the phone. Shows he has a little ounce of good in him. But he is still a piece of ****.

That's Heisenberg you're talking about homie.

Sent from this JF App.

Walt cares passionately about the welfare of the good people around them, and does an amazing job of keeping aware of complex and fast changing events, and rapidly coming up with strategies and the implementation thereof , even under extreme duress, all for the common good, although with priority given to family.

His call to Skylar was a detailed legal defense and strategy for her. He did this right after she sliced him with a knife and his kid called the police on him and lied about who attacked who with the knife.
Telling Jesse about Jane was mistake. That might come back to bite him in the ***.
Well, at least Jesse has found a lot of new friends who really care about him , unlike mean old Walt.

I told you guys a couple of days ago that he would go after the Nazi's. That's what the gun is for.

#1. My only problem with the episode is the BIG mistake by the writers. Walt is a super smart guy yet he tells the gangbangers that he has 80 Million dollars? ****.

He already felt beaten, trapped, panicked, and desperate. People make mistakes in such circumstances. It was unlikely Hank would have survived that no matter what Walt did.
Part of Walt's "success" up until this point was just luck, along with a boldness from being in a position with nothing to lose, and that not enough time had passed for all the evidence to catch up with him. Walt was never portrayed as a genius with a computer brain that always did the optimum thing for himself.

Last edited:
He was already felt beaten, trapped, panicked, and desperate. People make mistakes in such circumstances. It was unlikely Hank would have survived that no matter what Walt did.

Hank was gone no matter what. At least that's how it would go IRL.

I told you guys a couple of days ago that he would go after the Nazi's. That's what the gun is for.

Makes sense, I don't see how he can pass on the money to his family now, but he might be focused on just protecting his family and maybe Marie and Angie et al from the Nazis. I'm not sure if he'll forgive Jesse in the next 2 episodes, or what his attitude now towards Saul is. He might also be concerned about clearing his name at least regarding Hank's death.

I kind of hope not. Because - and I hate to break this to everyone - Jesse sucks. He sucked terribly to start, and he sucks now.

Which brings me to something else:

Walt says 'I still have things to take care of,' before he hangs up the phone with Skyler. What does he have left to do? Taking Skyler out wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a dude about to die and considering that he initially and with some consistency did all of this stuff for the sake of his family (especially if he died, and I'm not saying other factors didn't come into play such as power, and I'm not saying power didn't become his primary driver at times). And on that note, he seemed to put real effort into saving Hank. So does that mean he's going after the white supremacists that stole $70 million from him and killed someone that I'm pretty sure he genuinely did love and care about? Is going after THEM how he kind of redeems himself?

Also, if he was going to save Jesse, why would he damn him to a fate worse than death, including some back-breaking psychological elements (the Jane admission, the picture of Brock and his mom)? Why would he have had the white supremacists drag him out from under the car when they had given up looking? Maybe he saves Jesse, but at this juncture, nothing points to that and it simply wouldn't make sense.

Good post. I agree.
Walt could have a change of heart regarding Jesse, just like he re-thought taking the baby, although Jesse's actions seem unforgiveable from W's POV. Pointing out Jesse seemed done more out of anger than any calculation.

#1. My only problem with the episode is the BIG mistake by the writers. Walt is a super smart guy yet he tells the gangbangers that he has 80 Million dollars? Why not tell him he just has 20 or ....40....etc. But the WORST of all is that he tells them its buried right where they are standing. He could have saved Hank by telling the guys he will pay them 40 million dollars not to kill Hank. By telling them about the money he signed Hank's death and the fact that he was about to get robbed. It just seemed really out of character for him to make such a HUGE mistake.

#2. I thought it was interesting that Walter helped out Skylar by trying to show she knew nothing and cleared her name on the phone. Shows he has a little ounce of good in him. But he is still a piece of ****.

Walt was to emotional to think it through, same reason he was out in the desert in the first place too emotional, that's why he took holly too emotional!!! In emotional situations he isn't the smart drug dealer!!! But when he has his head on his shoulders and time to think he is unstoppable...

That's why he gave holly back and admitted everything on the phone and called Skylar stupid, she will no longer be an accomplice and he is going away to get his **** together to take out Lydia(rices) and the Nazi(badass gun)!!!

Last edited:
jx000Gm.jpg

Purely from a technical perspective, there is a strong argument that this episode is the most beautiful breaking bad has ever been.

Walt still wanted Jesse dead Cuz Jesse didn't listen to him and it caused Hank to Die, something he didn't want!!! That is why Walt told Jesse about Jane to show him that he has manipulated him the whole time and that he was in charge not Jesse....

It hurt Walts ego that Jesse went to hank and they caught him off guard with the money and the desert!!!

Walt still wanted Jesse dead Cuz Jesse didn't listen to him and it caused Hank to Die, something he didn't want!!! That is why Walt told Jesse about Jane to show him that he has manipulated him the whole time and that he was in charge not Jesse....

It hurt Walts ego that Jesse went to hank and they caught him off guard with the money and the desert!!!

It turns out that Walt's one red line (a visual theme in the episode as well, btw, given that skyler literally cuts red lines into Walt's flesh) was actively killing family members. While we see Walt do everything he can to prevent that outcome he (somewhat unfairly) appears to conclude that it's not his fault that family has died: it's Jesse's.

That's the internal process that I see in the episode when Walt sends Jesse off to his death (at least that's what Walt thinks is going to happen) and tries to communicate to Jesse that Walt's always been his boogeyman.

wrong. wrong. wrong.
"one red line" . no. Interesting poetic take, but that's not all that ticked off W
not his fault: speculation. an event can have multiple causes
somewhat unfairly. well, you qualified that , but come on, Jes really messed things up.
communicate boogeyman -- not sure what that means, but pretty sure if I look up boogeyman, that that's wrong too.

Last edited:
wrong. wrong. wrong.
"one red line" . no. Interesting poetic take, but that's not all that ticked off W
somewhat unfairly. well, you qualified that , but come on, Jes really messed things up.
communicate boogeyman -- not sure what that means, but pretty sure if I look up boogeyman, that that's wrong too.

Let's be clear: everyone in this thread knows you're the least qualified to say that any interpretation of the show is "wrong."

Walt was renouncing Jesse. The message was not just "I hate you now" but "I've always hated you and you were never family to me."

Anyone else keep thinking about this image when thinking about Jesse's new role as Todd's pet?

breaking-bad_4.png

That's all ********. You come up with all these stupid observations and resort to your fallback of attacking my qualifications because you never wanted me to post in your precious thread. You are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Your ideas are crap. They aren't even worth taking the time to talk about.

Walt was just super pissed off at Jesse so he wanted to hurt him. That's why he said what he said about Jane. You're reading BS into it. Ochams razor , etc.
The pet thing is interesting, but the rest of it is junk.

Jesse has pissing walt off for as long as they have known each other...... this time he REALLY pissed walt off.

wrong. wrong. wrong.

stfu

you knwo nothing babout breaking bad.

sirkicky knows more than you ever will

I kind of hope not. Because - and I hate to break this to everyone - Jesse sucks. He sucked terribly to start, and he sucks now.

Which brings me to something else:

Walt says 'I still have things to take care of,' before he hangs up the phone with Skyler. What does he have left to do? Taking Skyler out wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a dude about to die and considering that he initially and with some consistency did all of this stuff for the sake of his family (especially if he died, and I'm not saying other factors didn't come into play such as power, and I'm not saying power didn't become his primary driver at times). And on that note, he seemed to put real effort into saving Hank. So does that mean he's going after the white supremacists that stole $70 million from him and killed someone that I'm pretty sure he genuinely did love and care about? Is going after THEM how he kind of redeems himself?

Also, if he was going to save Jesse, why would he damn him to a fate worse than death, including some back-breaking psychological elements (the Jane admission, the picture of Brock and his mom)? Why would he have had the white supremacists drag him out from under the car when they had given up looking? Maybe he saves Jesse, but at this juncture, nothing points to that and it simply wouldn't make sense.

Walt still needs to take care of the issue that started this all in the first place, ensuring his family will have the money after he dies. He still wants to get them the money to take care of his kids, one way or another.

He isn't worried about Jesse, as he thinks he is dead.

But really, I think the foreshadowing of the M60 and the cars at the beginning of this season was Walt going after the rest of his money, and to take out Todd's uncle for killing Hank.

Not a mistake. It is calculated to show you that things are unraveling faster than Heisenberg can keep up with them. It is showing his collapse, and builds tension and desperation leading up to the final showdown with Todd's uncle.

Walt still needs to take care of the issue that started this all in the first place, ensuring his family will have the money after he dies. He still wants to get them the money to take care of his kids, one way or another.

He isn't worried about Jesse, as he thinks he is dead.

But really, I think the foreshadowing of the M60 and the cars at the beginning of this season was Walt going after the rest of his money, and to take out Todd's uncle for killing Hank.

We've established pretty strongly that Todd can't make Blue. Obviously Walt knows this as well having worked with Todd for months while he built up his nest egg.

I really like the idea that Walt reappearing in ABQ happens when Blue starts showing up in New Hampshire and he realizes that Jesse has to be alive.