What's new

Breaking Bad (thread will have *spoilers*)

Jane and Jesse were each more responsible for Jane's demise than Walt was.
Walt wasn't the one who got Jesse and Jane using heroin, Jesse and Jane did that to themselves.
If Jane didn't want to choke on her own vomit, she shouldn't have done drugs.
You and Jesse think Walt controls everything, but he doesn't. Stuff happens.
You could explain yourself using words.
Are you saying that Walt rolled her on her back and caused her to choke?

Jane and Jesse were each more responsible for Jane's demise than Walt was.
Walt wasn't the one who got Jesse and Jane using heroin, Jesse and Jane did that to themselves.
If Jane didn't want to choke on her own vomit, she shouldn't have done drugs.
You and Jesse think Walt controls everything, but he doesn't. Stuff happens.
You could explain yourself using words.
Are you saying that Walt rolled her on her back and caused her to choke?

It's Walt's fault or at least that's what we're supposed to conclude. In the original script, Walt actually kills her by strangling or something.
Gilligan told that was the only time AMC intervened telling "No, that's too much!". So they changed it.

So Walt did not touch her then.
Walt did not make her take heroin.
Jesse was the one that got Jane back on drugs.
Jane was the one that got Jesse taking heroin.
Did Walt know how long was she choking before he got there?

So Walt did not touch her then.
Walt did not make her take heroin.
Jesse was the one that got Jane back on drugs.
Jane was the one that got Jesse taking heroin.
Did Walt know how long was she choking before he got there?

Of course

It's Walt's fault or at least that's what we're supposed to conclude. In the original script, Walt actually kills her by strangling or something.
Gilligan told that was the only time AMC intervened telling "No, that's too much!". So they changed it.

1) Hearsay about hearsay. Lots of room for misinterpretation in the line of retelling.
2) Thousands of plot points were considered but did not happen.
3) Just because Walt did or didn't do something, does not mean that everyone else is powerless and innocent, and that everything is controlled by Walt.
4) We differ on our interpretation of Gilligan's words.
5) Gilligan isn't a God either. His script can be open to other interpretations of truth besides his interpretation.

I'm just trying to understand whatever it is you are trying to say.

I don't even know why you're bothering with the thread. The questions you ask could be answered if you would do yourself a big favor and watch the back episodes. Trust me, it's well worth it. Instead, you tell us who have watched the show what is going on when you obviously have no idea then tell us that it's just a TV show while accusing of personal attacks. This is not a personal attack, but a choice to tell you that you're wrong and if you want the answer, go watch it. The number of shows I would suggest going back and watching from the start is slim, but Breaking Bad is at the top of the list. It's time well spent.

Why do you tell me that I am the one who doesn't know what is going on when you agree with everything I say , and by implication therefore disagree with the people arguing with me?
The questions I ask are mostly just to clarify things when other people are not making sense.

troll.jpg

You are in violation of the board rules kicky.
Stop harassing me.
If you've got nothing constructive to contribute, that's okay.

You are in violation of the board rules kicky.
Stop harassing me.
If you've got nothing constructive to contribute, that's okay.

Go ahead and report me if you think I've violated the rules. I live in mortal terror of your wrath.

For YB and others debating Jane/Jane: I'm not certain that even if Jesse knew about Walt's sin of omission regarding Jane that he'd put it in the top 10 of things he's angry/upset about. Jesse himself appears to be a fundamentally different human being than he was near the end of Season 2.

The relationship with Jane was always somewhat ephemeral. It was going to end one way or another regardless of Mr. White's involvement and I think Jesse does fundamentally know that. Jesse seems more upset about the things that Walt had a more active hand in corrupting or ruining for him, and particularly the way in which Walt has manipulated Jesse by playing at caring about him. I don't think it's entirely false that Walt cares about Jesse, but he's never treated him like a true equal or like a real member of the family, and that gap is what Jesse feels/resents. At the end of the day, Jesse asking Walt to "just once, ask me for a favor" may be the most instructive conversation regarding Jesse's feelings about Walt.

Walt, to some extent, had no real reason to know that poisoning Brock was going to set Jesse off this way. The viewer was privy to a lot of things Walt wasn't. Walt didn't see Jesse's relationship to his parents and his brother. Walt didn't see Jesse's reaction to the meth junkies' red-headed kid. Walter didn't see Jesse's reaction to Todd's murder of a kid in the desert coming at all. Walt wasn't totally in the dark on the issue, as he should have remembered that using kids to sell drugs and treating kids like expendable commodities was a large driver of friction between Jesse and Gus, but the point is that the viewer had a lot more information about this than Walt did. Plus, Walt's kind of an insensitive prick. Can't forget that part. He might just have not cared.

Next week on breaking bad:

jk97DAs.png

WALT KILLED JANE.
jane was anal about lying on your side after using.
because walt tried to wake jess up he inadvertently lets her lie on her back.
then she starts choking and he does not correct her.
jane died because she was on her back. walt put her on her back

so he MURDERED her