What's new

Burke-Burks-Hayward-Favors-Kanter?

Never mind. If you go to the Jazz home page, you see that stats were last updated November 27. I thought they kept it more current than that.

https://www.82games.com/1314/1314UTA.HTM
Thanks. I did not see that. I'm still disappointed that he is not using the lineup I most wanted to see in the off season enough. That should be either the starting or finishing lineup. I get than Kanter is being completely outplayed by Marvin. But this season is about developing chemistry and seeing what the young core has. We are not seeing that.

So is the reason we saw that lineup so much against Indiana because once again injuries are a better coach than Corbin?

Thanks. I did not see that. I'm still disappointed that he is not using the lineup I most wanted to see in the off season enough. That should be either the starting or finishing lineup. I get than Kanter is being completely outplayed by Marvin. But this season is about developing chemistry and seeing what the young core has. We are not seeing that.

Should be a goal of the season to have those play 30 mpg together. Let Marv and RJ play enough to be trade bait, let Rudy have 18 mpg. Other than that, the rest can rot on the bench.

Should be the starting lineup imo.

At least for a few games to see how it works..... If it don't work, what's the harm? Helps the tank if that starting lineup sucks.

But jefferson (along with marvin) are corbins favorites.
Thet are not going anywhere in th e starting lineup.

Even if kanter would have put up 30 pts and 15 rebounds in these last two starts and we win both games, marv would start when back from injury

Should be a goal of the season to have those play 30 mpg together. Let Marv and RJ play enough to be trade bait, let Rudy have 18 mpg. Other than that, the rest can rot on the bench.
30 MPG together is probably too much. But they should be playing 20.

Espn did their top 25 under the age of 25 today.

Favors finished 10th, Hayward 19th. The others did not place.

For all you Enes lovers/haters out there Jonas Valancunius placed 24th.

Ladies and gentlemen your core 5.

I think Enes is undervalued, but incompatible with this team.

Holy ****! ESPN said it! Must be gospel, and nothing to do with the fact that none of our guys have played much to start their careers.

Not grounded in reality. There is only one 5-man lineup in the entire league that has played more than 2 games together and plays together 20+ minutes per game. There were no 5-man 20+ MPG lineups in the NBA last season.

3 relevant links:

1. NBA Wowy! (pretty awesome stats...probably better than the NBA.com stats)
2. NBA.com league lineup stats
3. NBA.com Utah Jazz lineup stats
Did not know this. 30 seemed way high. It surprises me that starting lineups don't play 20 MPG together.
Even still it's not too much to ask to see this lineup more than almost never. Especially after the way they played against the Pacers.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];717962 said:
If I were coaching, I'd start Burks instead of Jefferson. But I'd also bring Enes off the bench until he appeared to give a damn about defense and boxing out.

This. But I would also COACH him instead of just yell at him. Enes is basically a high school player. All last year they were content to just let him play and suddenly this year they have different expectations. Yell all you want, that's not going to help him if there is no LOGIC behind the yelling. (Most of the time when people yell they are just repeating what they have already said, just louder. If you want someone to learn, and they don't understand it the first way you explain it, then try it a different way).

Sighting against Orlando. Came in tied 58-58. up 59-58 if you don't want to count the FT Favors made just after they entered. Favors and Hayward left a few minutes later with the Jazz up 66-60.